[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I break it by asking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 3756809.gif (327KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
3756809.gif
327KB, 500x273px
I've been texting a guy in another state for 4 months now. Only for the past 2 weeks, his replies have been less frequent and the time span is a lot longer between texts. For example, last night he didn't replied me (6pm) and right now he hasn't replied me for 2 hours.He has no plan today either.

Should I ask him if he is talking to another girl?
>>
>>16912564
he is probably just doing other shit and can't be bothered talking. girls always think this but normally we are just busy. calm it.
>>
>>16912573
But if he told me the truth, he is not doing anything besides watching TV.

You are probably right though.

idk, I just feel fed up with this as it seems like it won't lead to anything. 4 months and we r still just texting. He doesn't seem like he is planning to visit me anytime soon. But I feel guilty to talk to another guy even though we are nothing.
>>
>>16912607
You see that is a problem
Why should he come and visit you while you do nothing

You're the type that only wants to wait for others to put all the pieces together for you

He could have a problem or just wants some time alone
>>
Y not give him some hints? He is probably thinking the same as you are: 'when is she finally gonna give me a sign...'
>>
>>16912629
>>16912665
I did suggest several times light heartedly. But he never really answered it. He said the thought was in his mind. Then why can't it happen?

I can't afford to visit. I have no spare money after all bills for 3 people while he has several thousands to spend after his bills.
>>
>>16912690
Suggest

Yeah the same way a girl suggested she liked me and got hurt because i never got it

If you like him and want something just say it like that
No point in games
>>
Guy here, had similar situation with a girl (except I was in your shoes). It did not signal anything good actually, I was feeling something wrong was going on and sadly I was right.

If you do feel you're bothering him or if something's wrong, under all means ask him. He's probably just busy (in which case him telling you he's not is highly suspicious), or just away from the phone (forgivable). Remember: communication is key, always.
>>
Pay attention to what he's saying and how he's saying it
Communication is key
It can be a dead give away
Some people just like to give others the run around and feel like bigger people by having someone to fall back on note what he has to say after a while If his excuses start sounding suspicious they're probably is something fishy
>>
>>16912828
"You should come over to visit. I'll be your personal tour guide."
I don't know how more obvious can I be.

>>16912898
Yeah, I do want to ask but how should I bring that up without it sounding super serious? Do you guys have any suggestion please?

>>16912915
He just replied me after 5 hours saying he was busy watching a show I love. The strange thing is this show is not his type. He watched 1 episode and left it at that before. Now he said he just went through 6 episodes during the time he didn't reply me. And he said he was marathoning another show right before he stopped replying me this afternoon. How do you go through 5 hours of a show in 4 hours?
>>
No. I think you should take it on face value that he's simply not offering you the feedback and attention that you were looking for, regardless of the reason why. Then you should ask yourself what you intend to do about that. This is a good situation for personal growth. Plus if it's just a momentary glitch, you'll thank yourself for having not made any drama about it.
>>
>>16913995
>How do you go through 5 hours of a show in 4 hours?
You don't skip past the boring parts of shows on-demand? That's the best part of being in control of streaming/recordings/etc.

Get ready to have your mind blown: YouTube also has a playback speed setting. Voices sound like chipmunks but you can get through a video 50% faster.
>>
>>16912564

girls get clingy and guys hate when that happens

i'm fiercely against mind games but you have to let him miss you by not texting him for a while
>>
>>16914007
But it's a show that if you skip a head, you will miss plot points. You can't skip ahead. Or else what is the point?
>>
>>16913999
Yeah,you are right. It is already hard since we are in different states. I know he is a shy guy with not that high self esteem but the one who initiated moving from kirk to normal text was me, sending pictures and videos was me. I don't want to have to be the one to push every step.

I was trying to determine if it was his shyness or just lack of interest, but sadly now I think it is the first one.

>>16914061
Thank you. I don't like playing games either.I don't like it to the point that if I know for sure he is not that into me, I can only think of calling it quit. After all, if he doesn't care enough abt me, the game can only hold his interest a bit longer, not forever.
>>
>>16914158
>Or else what is the point?
Entertainment. Being able to perfectly follow a plot that's not entertaining you isn't an accomplishment. You just skip on ahead and either figure it out from context or read a synopsis later. Or you do neither and just fail to care.

I do that with books too. Sometimes there's a character or sub-plot which is so boringly written that I'll skim over 20 pages. I'm reading for recreation, not as a chore about which I'm going to be quizzed later. I'm allowed to decide what's important.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.