[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Social Etiquette

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1457883955298.jpg (56KB, 799x513px) Image search: [Google]
1457883955298.jpg
56KB, 799x513px
I'm not autistic, just a regular social retard

Now, would someone explain this to me?
Why do people do this?

We all know it's a lie. The ones who write that, the ones who read it and the ugly person itself, they all know. Even if it's just the social facade, one thing is being educated and another being an outright liar.
I'm not saying ugly people should have their comments filled with the truth, no. Of course telling to some stranger "Hey you're ugly as FUCK" is rude", but why not just stay silent? Why not praise something else? Why not just ask "hey you had fun there on (place)?" It's not like anybody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to write something about them.

If it's to showcase others how much of a good person you are, isn't this accomplishing the exact opposite? If everyone knows you're lying, you're but a phony. You get no points, no one will think you're nice, you're just letting you ugly side, your lying side, your fake side out for everyone to see. Isn't it obvious? Am I in the wrong here? If these people are the masters of socializing, then why do something so obviously fake?
It just feels like the social equivalent of The Emperor's Clothes. Maybe that's the answer? Everyone knows it's a lie, but play pretend? But again, why do it, there's no king to cut your head because you don't HAVE to lie.
>>
File: 2016-03-13 18_10_31-.png (751KB, 597x599px) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-13 18_10_31-.png
751KB, 597x599px
Another one
>>
File: 2014-02-28 22_59_16.png (654KB, 995x634px) Image search: [Google]
2014-02-28 22_59_16.png
654KB, 995x634px
And a different one.

Translation is "you so cute, cousin", "so sexy!" and so on
>>
Jesus Christ... Is that even legal?

I've never understood people who write that shit either OP.
>>
>>16912150
I get your point, but the norm on social media is that when a couple posts a photo or series of photos like your pic related everyone is supposed to say cheesy shit like "cute couple" "she's gorgeous" "you two are so cute together" or that stupid smiley emoji with the heart eyes

so if those are the reactions to everyone elses couples photos on instagram and fagbook it looks really weird and sad if a couple like this gets a bunch of "where was this taken" "hope you guys had fun!" comments

saying she's hot or pretty is an outright lie, but it's a white lie

not mentioning the couple is more ignoring the gigantic elephant in the room
>>
They do it to make the person feel better. You know how insecure some people are about their appearances, especially girls. Ugly people, they might know the people telling them they're beautiful are lying or grossly exaggerating, but the comments can still make them happy to know that at least there's people out there who care about them and want them to be happy. And that knowledge can be the difference between them attempting suicide or not. If that last part sounds dramatic, just look at how ugly those girls you posted are and think about how much girls' appearances are valued in society. It's not very unlikely that they'd try to kill themselves if no one ever told them they were beautiful, even if they knew the people telling them that were just trying to be nice.
>>
This shit never bothers me as the only time I ever see it is on here when someone complains about it.
>>
I hate that shit too but I always force myself to believe that they write it because they think she's gorgeous in her own way, and not by social standards? I mean she does have a certain aspect of cuteness
>>
>>16912150
They're just being nice. If someone has been dealt a shitty hand by life it's only natural to want to be extra nice to them.
>>
>>16912176
this girl is at least kind of cute/not deformed though....... not your best example.
>>
>>16912150
>>16912160
Maaaaaaan he's a 7/10 and I know a fat weeb with a hot girlfriend

This just proves there's more to it than looks

To answer your question OP it's to make the girl feel good and to make everyone else think 'wow isn't he soooooo nice' since he said that to make her feel better

And yes people will in fact think he's nice because a lot of people are fake

Simple as that. A lot of people (not everyone) are fakers and the rest still won't call him out because it would be rude and they want to be nice

Yeah it is like the emperors new clothes but no one wants to be the one to admit he's naked because they're afraid of the social repercussions (rightly so it is a real dick move to call her ugly)
>>
>>16912150
Got to get those pussy points
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.