[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys I have to attach some fans to a subsonic speed wind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: WP_20160313_001.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160313_001.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
Hey guys I have to attach some fans to a subsonic speed wind tunnel any idea of how to do that?
>>
File: WP_20160313_003.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160313_003.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
Here are the fans
>>
>>16911727
This looks pretty cool. Does the base of the fans has some sort of mounts/screws?
>>
>>16911727
Pic of where you want to mount them
>>
>>16911727
>>16911737

Why the fuck didn't you get a square fan with a square housing and then adjust your input opening to that size?

Anyway, what you needed to do was to have a square frame on the input end that would bolt/screw to the tunnel.

I would tell you to just screw a horizontal board to the opening and attach the fan to it, but that material looks too thin to even accommodate that.
>>
>>16911762

On one of the tunnel entrances, and that shit is cardboard-thin.
>>
File: WP_20160313_005.jpg (982KB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160313_005.jpg
982KB, 1456x2592px
Nope it doesn't that's the main problem
>>
>>16911763
It's just for exposition so we didn't really thought that it needed to be too sturdy any idea of how we can fix the mistake( besides reworking the whole thing)
>>
From an aerodynamics point of view, it doesn't matter much how you attach the fan. You could just make a column central inside the end of the tunnel, and screw on the fan base. Concerning the test section, it is not sufficiently far from the inlet contraction. The flow will separate from the edges and you will have inordinately large boundary layers and flow turbulence in the test section. You could improve the situation by having a longer straight section before the test piece, and a "honeycomb grid" at the exit of the inlet to straighten the flow.
>>
>>16911727
cardboard and duct tape
/thread
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.