[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job Application

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: Gas_Station_Love_by_rockchili.jpg (2MB, 2950x1912px) Image search: [Google]
Gas_Station_Love_by_rockchili.jpg
2MB, 2950x1912px
Hey, /adv/.

I was recently let go from a low wage retail bitch job because the store wasn't making enough money and it's apparently cheaper if they just have five managers and no associates.

I'm applying for another job online, and the application asks these questions.

How was your performance on your last job?

Have you ever been discharged or forced to leave any job? Yes No
Please explain:

Have you ever been subject to formal disciplinary action at any prior employment?

How do I answer these questions? What's stopping from them from calling my previous manager and he proceeds to shit talk me?

If I were to answer these questions completely honestly, I would say that my manager gave me high shipment quotas without formal training and consecutively gave me twelve hour weeks, making it impossible to hit those quotas. He then fired me after a year of employment, (along with the rest of the staff, sans managers), under the excuse that I worked too slowly and showed no improvement in my work.

Obviously I can't say that, so what do?
>>
>What's stopping from them from calling my previous manager and he proceeds to shit talk me?
What's stopping your previous manager is the threat of a slander lawsuit.

Lie on your application.
>>
File: 1394498845218.jpg (163KB, 491x500px) Image search: [Google]
1394498845218.jpg
163KB, 491x500px
>>16911013
So what, he legally can't say anything bad about a previous employee? I mean, even under that threat, I don't really trust him. The guy is notoriously mean, shady and petty. He's made several employees cry and even made another manager below him dig the trash once. I wanted to report him to HR for this shit but I just don't feel it's worth it.
>>
Lie, but have a good memory. I have an extremely well paid job with untold fringe benefits and i lied like a fucker to get it. I mean the worst they can do to you is say no. Just keep applying for jobs until one of them takes the bait.
Don't have any shame or doubts, the fuckers will sack you in a second when times are hard so don't have a conscience where your employer is concerned (unless its a small family set up that treats you really well of course).
Its dog eat dog in this rat race.
>>
File: 1408139194811.jpg (554KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1408139194811.jpg
554KB, 1920x1200px
>>16911160
Yeah, I know, it sucks. This job is actually ideal though because it's overnight and part time, so I can go back to school, plus it's just down the street.

Anything you'd recommend saying on the aforementioned questions? Or should I just do the standard generic I am an exemplary employee spiel?
>>
>>16911059
I was a manager at a restaurant, and had one of my friends leave to work at another one and the manager actually called and asked if she was a good employee, my point is that these faggots can get away with anything as long as the candidate doesn't know, what I recommend is you be selective about who you put down as your reference from the previous job, pick a higher up you got along with and appreciated you, then lie your ass off on your application/resume

These fuckers rarely play by the rules, so you shouldn't either
>>
>>16911240
Don't diss the last job then or you will come across as either a cunt or a troublemaker, even if its not true.
Tell them you had to leave due to cutbacks etc and that your record was exemplary. Tell them that you were a lyal and hardworking employee and were never late and all the other shit it takes to get your foot in the door.
Good luck.
>>
File: 1424090978465.jpg (2MB, 4096x2732px) Image search: [Google]
1424090978465.jpg
2MB, 4096x2732px
>>16911263
>>16911248
Thanks, anons.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.