[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your life goals?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 17

File: 1432752113271.jpg (243KB, 1245x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1432752113271.jpg
243KB, 1245x1600px
What are your life goals?
>>
>>16904996
Fuck Japanese girls until they cry then cum on their faces
>>
>>16904996
Make a lot of money and then kill myself.
>>
>>16905019
Hey bra can i get your money when you kill yourself?
>>
>>16905029
If you weren't such faggot tripfag I might've. I winning about 100 dollars on a bet with some coworkers tomorrow. They think I'm going to spend it on them. I'm going to drop it into a drain just to spite them.
>>
Not that anyone actually cares, but:
>finish ECT
>learn to drive
>get a job at Walmart as a cashier
>get student loans
>go to community college for psychology or neuropsychology
>transfer to a full university
>get a doctorate in clinical or neuropsychology (depends on which one I get a degree in)
>also, after I learn to drive, start going to church
>>
>>16905043
I spend 100 dollars on anime girl pillowcases

I don't need your chump change jabroni
>>
>>16905044
>get a job at Walmart as a cashier

How is that a life goal? I'm this close to jumping off a bridge cos I hate retail.
>>
>>16905050
Then don't ask for it.

Maybe I should burn the money.
>>
>>16905019
I'm the opposite. I'm trying to live because I know I'm going to inherit a lot of money, even though it doesn't seem worth it.
Are you trying to make a lot of money and then kill yourself because you're leaving it to someone else?

My life goals are to finish my undergrad degree, get into a not-completely-shitty masters program (this will be nearly impossible), and then get into a reputable PhD program. My eventual goal is to find some sort of peace with myself because my self esteem is fucking shit and I want to stop feeling ashamed of myself and my (lack) of accomplishments 24/7. I need to learn how to ignore my mother constantly berating me. And my childhood dream and ultimate life goal is to have a decent sized yard and get a dog once everything else in my life is going okay. Not sure if I want another person in my life yet. Probably not. I doubt I'll be able to find someone. So yeah, basically just get my degrees, inner peace, and a dog.
>>
>>16905053
I want to be independent and make money.

I don't really care how much I hate retail; being independent is too damned important.
>>
>>16905058
>Are you trying to make a lot of money and then kill yourself because you're leaving it to someone else?

That's secondary.

My life has sucked for a long time and money is God in this world. Money is an achievement, it is power, it is everything. With money I can make up a bullshit fake persona, with money certain morons will look up to me and even defend me despite whatever I do, with a lot of money killing myself would be seen as tragic.
>>
>>16904996
I want to invent a time machine, build it, then travel to the past and fuck 18yr old Björk up her bum hole while she sings in Björkish or whatever.
>>
File: o0xmzmnKgq1qa4gsro1_1280.jpg (1007KB, 1280x1900px) Image search: [Google]
o0xmzmnKgq1qa4gsro1_1280.jpg
1007KB, 1280x1900px
>house in small town/rural area
>job that pays 50-70k a year
>white wife
>daughter

I'm not sure if I'll make it come true, but I'll die trying.
>>
File: internet (574).jpg (54KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
internet (574).jpg
54KB, 960x640px
wife that lets me spank her and gapes her asshole for me
4-6 kids
A stable job. I don't care if the pay is shit I just want a second home that I can work at for 30 years straight instead of constantly changing things.
Not being depressed, instead happy
>>
not dying
>>
>>16904996
a comfy city/county job in my field in rural/semi rural northwest with a small ranch and a 13 year old wife
>>
>>16904996
Clear my debts and then top myself.

It's bad to leave debts behind.
>>
learn a global profitable skill
live in new country every 4-5 years
die in my homeland
>>
>>16905136
be the next john mayer and make millions of dollars while banging qt girls and making tumblr sjw's mad while making great pop rock music
>>
Make one great work of art
Have a family with 3+ children
Learn at least 2 languages
Travel and live in a few different countries
Overcome my lack of self-confidence
>>
Get to touch a big boobie

But my wife won't let me
>>
Get married to decent husband. Have kids. Raise my kids and home school them as best as I can. Then, I'll rest easy in the accomplishment of being a decent person who raised decent people who will raise decent people themselves, who will continue the cyble and spread decency as far and for as long as they can.

Not even joking, that really is it.
>>
File: hikikomori.gif (143KB, 500x402px) Image search: [Google]
hikikomori.gif
143KB, 500x402px
Wait parents to die.
Live alone.
Sell two of the states I'll inherit.
Live in the other.
Put all the money under my bed.
Live happily ever after with videogames, anime, dakimakuras, 4chan and junk food.
>>
>>16904996
Get money.
>>
>>16905478
>decent person
>literally do nothing, except shit out a few kids, and "homeschool" them
You're a parasite.
>>
Do everything high
>>
>>16905488
Don't be salty. That's a silly reason to judge and you know it. Anon asked for life goals, not life description.
>>
>>16905503
Your life goals are trash, so are you.
>>
>>16905507
To each their own.
>>
>>16905478 You can be my housewife as long as I can put stuff in your butt
>>16905136
>>
>>16905478
>Then, I'll rest easy in the accomplishment of being a decent person who raised decent people who will raise decent people themselves, who will continue the cyble and spread decency as far and for as long as they can.

What is your definition of "decency"? Cockroaches also mindlessly reproduce and continue their cycle.
>>
>>16905136
>A stable job. I don't care if the pay is shit I just want a second home that I can work at for 30 years straight instead of constantly changing things.

Sounds boring
>>
>>16905509
I don't think anal stuff bothers me, anon, but can you be my husband? Do we agree in important social and political issues? Do we agree on the same principles?
I think 6 kids would be too much of a economic burden, and college for all could be very hard. But 4 is a nice number. Who knows?

>>16905510
"Mindless" doesn't apply to planned families, anon. Decency and morals, are, naturally, particular to one's own, and concepts too complex to explain in detail, so I'm not sure what do you want me to say.
Why are you even worried about others life goals though? Do mine seem to cause yours any trouble, or do you just enjoy the judgment?
>>
>>16905525
>too complex to explain in detail
Maybe for your simple mind, you vermin.

I don't want you to say anything, I want you to stop leeching off everyone, and have your own life: like fucking human being.

You don't care about society, family, morals, or decency, you're just following your animal instincts to multiply like the rodent you are.
>>
>>16905536
You seem to have some bitterness regarding marriages and families with children. That's ok, anon. It's good to have an online outlet for all that misplaced anger.
>>
>>16905478
religious y/n
virgin y/n
>>
>>16905547
No
Yes
>>
>>16904996
Finish my biotechnology degree, marry my fiance, have kids, make enough money to travel around the world.
>>
>>16905541
Your marriage will be a sham.
Your children are just objects, you won't raise them to be humans.

Don't reproduce, not you, the thought of your genes spreading makes me fear for humanity.
>>
>>16904996
Be happy. It doesn't matter how as long as it doesn't make others unhappy in the process, or is damaging to myself.
>>
>>16905566
Are you seeing my future, anon? Maybe you should be on /x/ then!
>>
>>16905551
>virgin housewife
I came a little
>>
File: 1450725816707.jpg (2MB, 3240x1884px) Image search: [Google]
1450725816707.jpg
2MB, 3240x1884px
I want to teach philosophy. Stoicism, specifically. I think learning to let go of negative passions, materialistic pleasures, and so many cutthroat behaviors would benefit countless people.
>>
>>16904996

To be the first guy that obsesses over Björk, then kill myself on camera.
>>
>>16905585
Not necessarily a housewife. I'm a language teacher, and I can just work from home in suitable hours, though I'd be ok with being a housewife if it really was a possibility (which I don't believe it is and I wouldn't like to have my husband working more hours than he should for that).

>>16905590
>learning to let go of negative passions, materialistic pleasures, and so many cutthroat behaviors would benefit countless people.
Exactly! This is the kind of thing I'd like to teach my children. I don't believe it's alright to sacrifice other people for our own petty pleasures, and that's the kind of small attitude that I believe makes real difference.
I hope you achieve your goal anon, and more than anything, I hope your students all listen to you and become better people for it.
>>
>>16905607
>Not necessarily a housewife
But you said you want to homeschool the kids? So you want to teach the kids all day then go to work in the evening? That... a hard life.
>>
>>16905607
Thanks. I'm not sure how well my dream would work within academia, but I want nothing more than for philosophy to be important in people's day to day lives. I agree with Epictetus that philosophy is best used as a way to live life better. To paraphrase him, "just as you go to a doctor to improve the health of your body, you go to a philosopher to improve the health of your soul". I want to lead people away from cupidity, vulgarity, shallowness, ignorance, apathy and so much more.

I'd die happy if even one person lived a better life.
>>
>live in Seattle
This is literally the only goal in my life I haven't changed. I want to live there so badly, I've been dreaming about it since I was 12
>>
>>16904996
I have no interest in formal education but I'd like to study theology, language arts, literature, and psychology
>>
>>16905626
I just need a small classroom in my house, like an office. Although I prefer teaching children, I've recently been pursuing the certifications necessary to work with businessmen in multinational companies, and that means VIP classes that I can charge more for the hour. That way, I could get some relevant income for fewer hours of work placed in more convenient times.

>>16905631
I'm definitely rooting for you, anon.
>>
>>16905695
How is a girl who has her shit this well together also a virgin
are you from heaven
>>
>>16905071
Walmart discourages independence, brah. All those other goals are great though. Except the going to church part. Good luck, buddy!
>>
>>16905058
Have you tried being a hermit? And I mean for reals, not just a NEET.
>>
>>16905744
It's a silly romantic notion, but I like to believe that sex is meaningful. I don't necessarily believe in marrying as a virgin, but I would like to have sex only with guys I can at least hope to have a future with (even if I do end up wrong when it happens, at least I tried having a single partner for life).
I don't have a problem finding dates, but the whole future vision hasn't appeared yet.
>>
>>16905800
No, that's really awesome. I want to marry as a virgin and have just slowly accepted that 99% of women don't and got over it but. That's good to hear there's still people out there who are a little old fashioned. You seem like you know what you want and are going places.
>>
>>16905839
Well, anon, then I wish luck for both of us in finding a great partner! :)
>>
I want to become a teacher and run for public office. I want to write books too and learn how to play instruments too.
>>
Play a festival with Julia Holter and Parquet Courts
>>
hot wife

I'm a simple man
....this is also the reason I wont ever have a hot wife. Because I'm fine with living out of my car and drinking from the river
>>
To troll as many people as possible on the internet
>>
>>16904996
To not get cum stuck in my ass after my step dad fuck me
>>
>>16905769
No, I don't think I've really tried that. The closest thing I experienced to being a true hermit was when I was having a mental breakdown and didn't leave my apartment for 2 months. I'm sort of surprised I didn't run out of food.
>>
>>16905663
Seattle is an overpriced shithole with terrible weather. Don't put it on a pedestal. It will only disappoint you. But some of the people are decent.
>>
>>16906022
Agreed. I live in Seattle. Access to the Cascades is nice but that can be had for much cheaper. If I didn't already have a life built in the city I'd be living somewhere I could actually afford.
>>
Build a rape basement, kidnap a teenager and rape her for years and years. Never caught, die peacefully in my sleep.
>>
My goal in life is while life is kicking my ass fight against it every step of the way and eventually make it my bitch. I will not back down till I do so or die trying.
>>
>>16904996
Comfort and Stability.

I want a white picket fence and 2.5 kids.
>>
>finish this goddamn college degree
>play instrument at pro-level
>learn to value myself. seriously.
>some form of employment
>make the people I love proud and happy

I realize I live to serve the expectations of others, but at this point I'm barely hanging on to a sense of self, so it wouldn't make much sense to be all "fuck everyone else, I'll do my own thing". Because I don't really have any of my own things that I want badly, except playing piano. I honestly don't remember much anything except for what happened in early life, like 4-17. I'm about to turn 25 and don't have a sense of self. I don't know what I'd do if I told everyone to fuck off and went away somewhere. I'd probably end up driving to one of the national parks and dying. I don't remember what it's like to want things.
>>
Gamedev
Teach English in Japan
Economics (aka learn how money works and make a bunch of it)
Eventual inevitable fear of a finite lifetime gets "too real", go into science to achieve immortality.

Yes, I'm deadly serious. And also a 24 year old on antidepressants who never had a real job. But I'm optimistic.
>>
File: 1441502095717.jpg (60KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
1441502095717.jpg
60KB, 700x500px
>>16904996
>own guns
>hide from government
>make tea
>>
>>16906077
>>16906077

I like this one.
>>
>>16906269
It's not much help knowing economics if your job is in teaching English
I work in finance in Japan and even then it isn't hugely useful

I also have thoughts of wanting to work in game dev or life extension science
>>
Have a decent job

Grow psychedelic fun in variety

Own a house with enough space to shoot my guns

Chill and master my hobbies.
>>
I cant answer that because they change all the time. i always pursue shit to a certain extent and move onto something else, my attention span is totally whack and im kind of crazy
>>
File: Thanls.png (261KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
Thanls.png
261KB, 500x379px
>>16904996
Not exactly my life goals, but my goals for the next 2 years are

>Have at least one successful album, critically and commercially
>Get my driver´s licence and get a car
>Get a master´s degree in cultural journalism
>Finish a documentary and distribute it
>Spend some time in Canada
>Restore a watch my grandfather gave to me before passing away
>Let my hair grow enough to grab it in a ponytail to once and for all decide if I can rock that look or not (inb4 faggot)
>Get my bestfriend out of a swampy depression
>Maybe try to get into writing scripts, especially comedy ones

And I´d say I´m getting there
>>
>>16906186
Damn, it looks like you´re really rolling in the deep. Well, what are you studying?
>>
im saving up to travel a bit and get my shit on track and eventually launch my own bidnez, some pussy will be nice

im gonna kill myself when im 50 anyway
>>
>>16904996
Live as long as possible.

Experience as many different emotions, feelings and things in general as possible.
>>
>>16904996
>earn enough cash that can sustain a family for 50 years
>get a gf/wife
>retire
>>
Try not to regret living, then ultimately regret it anyway.
I am working on the former, trying to avoid the latter
>>
>when 10
Cure death
>15
Same (but scope limited to aging
>16
Just maybe get laid first (done)
>17
Maybe try and get rich first so I can fund the research
>18
I don't really feel much for biomedical science anymore. Maybe just go into computers and fund it eventually.
>19
Computers are harder than when I was 12
>20
Computers are easy
>21
Class is dumb for not getting computer well
>22
Perhaps I'm dumb for not getting people well
>23
Focus on people or career? (maybe focus on death...)
>24
mom died
>25
Focus on death (via work)
>26
Needsnrecrearionaltime
>27
Wow. Finally I'm happy.
>28
Not sure death is as big a problem anymore. I like gf too much. But maybe killing death is good in the long run for the kids and grandkids. Maybe I'm being selfish. Maybe I should help people with things that'd be useful for people who can actually get to the point where they can remove death. Maybe there's easy things to solve here that has great effects. Best of both worlds really. (finally I grew up)
>~28.8
Well that did seem to help but this is the tip of the iceberg. Maybe I'm in over my head. Maybe that doesn't matter, should count my blessings.

Yep.
>>
>>16905044
How old are you faggot?

>>16904996
Just finding my way in life and be happy. Nothing more. Nothing less. But maybe more than I can expect when I stop and stare looking around for sense in all what I do.
>>
Pay off a debt I owe to my family, then kill myself.
>>
>>16907489
That's my life goal.
>>
>>16905590

>teach

What's there to teach? Throw Meditations at them so they can throw it in the trash, read Aurelius' quotes, and be an expert.
>>
>>16907489
>>16907508

<3. Haha, oh man, I didn't realize how common this was.

>make at least 100 mil
>give to family
>suicide

Was definitely a goal of mine for a while. It's still part of why I want to be rich, though I am nowhere near suicidal lately. Freedom to kill yourself without any guilt if you are in the mood is an privilege.
>>
>>16907579
They won't be getting a million. I only wish I could leave them that. No, I'll pay off what I owe them because of a stupid decision, leave them with a bit of interest.

Haven't decided how I'm going to off myself though.
>>
File: sharkEatsDiver.webm (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
sharkEatsDiver.webm
3MB, 600x338px
>>16907581

You are a good guy anon.
>>
>>16904996
>The last basic social hurdle i want to pass is get laid with a qt gurl.
>Related to that loose weight and be fit (weight around 230ish, bench 300, squat 400, deadlift 500, run atleast 10k in an hour)
>Get very good at art (takes decades)
>save sum monah
>meet someone to likes me and makes me happy (guy or grill)
other than that, maybe produced some independent animated movies?
>>
I have no life goals. How do I get life goals?
>>
Finish undergraduate
Become fluent in Japanese
Travel around Europe/Asia
Go to graduate school for something (international relations, psychology, or Japanese)
Get a job that will let me make the world a better place for everyone who lives in it and actually make some lasting positive change in our society
Get married and travel with my spouse for a while before settling down and having a kid or two.
>>
Learn japanese
Become a Jeet Kune Do master
Marry qt japanese girl
Find a job that pays well and gives me lots of free time
Have 1-3 kids
Live in the happy family I didn't have as a child
>>
My goal is to one day sit in a place i feel at home, watch my grandchildren play and hear my husband snore in the sun.
>>
>>16906022
The reason I love Seattle is specifically because of the weather. I love the cold, rainy weather.
>>
>>16907579
It's partially for leaving money for family and mostly out of spite for people I hate.

Success in terms of wealth is irritating to some people.
>>
In order of med to long range goals

Finish CFA
Do masters in Mathematical Finance
Start FRM
Get a Hedge Fund Quant Job after masters
PhD to develop my on Quant Model
Start up Hedge Fund using said Quant Model
>>
Leave my town, make important friends, get rich, buy my mom a house, marry my crush since 7th grade
>>
>>16908001

Did you pass level II yet? What's your undergrad in?

Also, machine learning is da future.
>>
>>16908125
Yea writing level 3 this June. Undergrad in Econ with Finance Spec, currently work at an Asset Management Firm
>>
>>16908140
Also yea, machine learning is definitely the future. Currently trying to learn Python and scripting.
>>
>>16904996
I don't have any. The only one I've had for years was to get my girl, but I don't think she cares anymore because I'm boring as fuck.
>>
Build a castle.
Build a bunker.
>>
>>16908140

>currently work at an Asset Management Firm

I did level II while working as Series7/63 broker bitch. Didn't get a single interview despite level II / undergrad in Finance/Accounting with Econ minor, and switched to Software Development. Finance seemed dead to me without connections. Have fun with 3, I hear it's relatively easy.
>>
>>16908194
Yea I only got this job cause my dad knows one of the PMs
>>
File: 1444180910992.gif (36KB, 242x251px) Image search: [Google]
1444180910992.gif
36KB, 242x251px
>>16908235

Yea, that has been my experience. I have talked to some fund managers and their junior analysts and basically got fed up to the point of asking "How did X get his job?" when asking what it would take. And when pressed, it eventually came down to "He is my friend's cousin." or some such. But still, cool, do your thing.
>>
>>16908258
Yea its kinda shitty, but its because the field is over saturated. Much safer to take a risk for a position with someone you know than someone you have no idea about. The other way to get into the field is to network your ass off (as in University Alumni, CFA society, etc) but even then thats not guaranteed
>>
>finish shitty degree
>move back in with parents
>go back to a community college
And that's all I have planned so far
>>
>>16908258
>You have to know people

I knew my 5 year old 2.2 Maths degree was fucking useless. Jesus Christ why did I waste £15K on it?
>>
After I finish ECT (electroconvulsive therapy), I want to go to college. From there, I want to do... one of several things.
>major in: psychology, neuropsychology, or premed (for psychiatry)
>after that, get a doctorate in: psychology, neuropsychology, or medicine
>learn Krav Maga
>I know this doesn't seem like a big deal, but I need to learn to drive.
>write a novel
>possibly some day get published, not sure if that's a serious goal yet

Before I do any of these things, I have to recover from the severe, treatment-resistant depression I've had for several years, which is what I am working on doing right now.
>>
>>16905478
Were you homeschooled? I was.
Please do not homeschool your child(. It was awful.
>>
>>16908469
I've also been homeschooled, and homeschoolers are fucking retards who generally don't place any value in education whatsoever.

It's a terrible idea to homeschool your children.
>>
File: 400049ItachiSharingan.jpg (60KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
400049ItachiSharingan.jpg
60KB, 640x480px
>>16908355
Why the fuck did you post twice you retard?
>>
I'm not really as sure anymore because I finally got a much better paying job now and everything is awesome besides the fact that I'm on a computer almost constantly.

I'll probably end up finding someone and having kids around 30-35 like a lot of people I think. I basically just want money right now. I have a few important places I really want to visit like Iceland and Nepal.

I want to try every hobby there is, and maybe find one that can help pay the bills and doesn't make me resent it at the same time.
>>
>>16908510
What is the job and how did you get it? Will a 2.2 in maths and 3 years retail be enough to get it?
>>
>>16908545
2.2 like college GPA or high school?

You don't need a college degree but basically everyone has one or at the very least the certification. Mine's in STEM plus I have the cert.

It's in GIS and I barely use math. I do know a good amount of Python though and that is highly favored. You won't get a job without at least a degree, a certification, or work experience.
>>
>>16908568
Lower 2nd class pass in UK for a uni degree, like a C I guess.

>GIS?

What's that?
>>
>>16908623
C's get degrees
>>
>>16908623
Geographic Information Systems

To put it simply, I make maps for a living. I'm a GIS Analyst contracted under a major utility company in the US. I take data that's been gathered by someone in the field and turn it into a map that the company can use for other stuff like gas pipeline maintenance and service.

I've always loved maps and it's funny that such a niche interest became my job because the field in general pays well and that's awesome. I've heard that it's worse in the UK, and London hasn't scaled well w.r.t. cost of living.

If you aren't studying underwater basketweaving then you have a chance at getting into it but just know it's really specific and it's hit or miss for people. The real money is in GIS development.
>>
>>16908671
>I've heard that it's worse in the UK, and London hasn't scaled well w.r.t. cost of living.

I've had the pleasure of hipsters and yuppies slowly pouring into my formerly-on-fire area and increasing living costs and services charges.

>If you aren't studying underwater basketweaving then you have a chance at getting into it but just know it's really specific and it's hit or miss for people.

I need money bad, it has to be better than working in a super market for pennies while you slowly but surely cause damage to your joints.
>>
>>16908709
I hear you man. My last job was at a casino and I fucking hurt my back and shoulder a bunch and I can still feel it months later. Fuck that place.

I would do whatever it takes to finish the degree first and then look for certifications. The esri intro to GIS cert is like $3-400 USD I think, and it doesn't expire. Knowing python helps a lot, I didn't go to school for computers, I went for biology but I had experience in school with it mapping river systems and bird data.

Good luck.
>>
>>16908709
I finished my degree almost 5 years ago, the Lower 2nd Class Pass Maths degree I was talking about.

Been stuck here at a supermarket since finishing it.

>and then look for certifications. The esri intro to GIS cert is like $3-400 USD I think, and it doesn't expire. Knowing python helps a lot,

Thanks, is this US-centric though? I don't know if it's similar in the UK.
>>
>>16908671
Different anon here.
I'm in the UK with a CompSci Masters and not too worried about jobs (my friends getting 10 calls a day).

How would you go about getting into something niche like GIS? I mean if I program some really random GIS-specific things for no reason [other than to slip into a job] it might look a bit weird.
>>
>>16908757
You mean like the industry? Esri is based in california but the course is offered online. Takes like a month or less if you rush it.

GIS as an industry is very much global. I can go anywhere I want with it. My coworkers used to work at apple doing similar stuff and a few others are fresh out of college. Hotspots for jobs here are silicon valley and denver, CO.

It's kinda like IT where a lot of people end up becoming their local gvt's entire "GIS department" as a single person.
>>
File: 1319800725868.jpg (35KB, 450x319px) Image search: [Google]
1319800725868.jpg
35KB, 450x319px
>>16904996
To have a bit of fun before I become an old bitter man.
Seriously, I see everybody going out and having great time, while I feel trapped in my job and training (UK dr). It's like other people work less than me all the time
>>
>>16908671
ANON I've been trying to get into that, do you have any advice please?

I just started learning a free trial of ArcMap, I'm hoping to use free online tutorials rather than thousand-dollar classes to learn it enough to get at least a basic certification, how practical do you think that is?

I have a college degree in environmental science, I only used ArcMap for one semester though.

Where would I start looking for work, like for an entry level job? Also I keep seeing stuff about CODING GIS programs rather than just using them, do people usually need that for an entry level job?
>>
>>16908784
Finishing on a late night Friday is the worst thing. Watching EVERYBODY begin their night while you go home to watch TV 5 hours straight.
>>
File: 1455540745132.jpg (165KB, 921x843px) Image search: [Google]
1455540745132.jpg
165KB, 921x843px
>>16908794
Being on call on weekend and seeing everyone begin on saturday night is even worse. I feel I am throwing away my life
>>
>>16908770
I think the guys developing stuff in GIS are doing it for companies when they need something done that ArcGIS or QGIS doesn't already offer as a tool. These will be things companies want done to help sell a product, like knowing where all their customers are and stuff but I'm really not sure.

Otherwise, it's just like I said with the certification. I would go for that. It would be a piece of cake if you studied CS.
>>
>>16908807
The people over at reddit are very helpful if you guys are interested in learning more which it seems at least a few of you are:
https://www.reddit.com/r/gis/

>>16908788
No, do not take any classes besides the esri certified one on their website. Even if it costs money try through your old school if you live around there or a local community college. Mine was free through my college.

I will tell you that out of the hundreds of words on my resume, the one thing that got me this job was "ESRI/ArcGIS certified". I minored in EnviSci.

Coding is less entry level. Entry level is like mine where someone hands you data and you use your computer and critical thinking skills to give them a map. Sometimes you are making maps for the average joe, and sometimes they are highly technical but it can go either way. Programming the tools is more advanced.

Idk if you guys want to ask more I wish I could give an email or something but it's 4chan. I love this stuff.
>>
>>16908844
>It's 4chan

Don't we know it.
>>
>>16908788
I forgot to say try gis and tech staffing agencies with words like gis technician or analyst, and gjc.org

I seem to be clicking on a lot of rivers and mountains today.
>>
>>16908870
Its the current year!

What's with the sudden influx of redditscum?
>>
>>16908879
What's the entry position title?
>>
>>16908892
GIS technician typically.

Analyst is like 2nd-3rd tier. Developers are god-tier.

The gjc is more geared towards experienced professionals but it gives a good idea for what skills you will need.

>>16908882
I don't have much against 4chan but I do against anything spam or bullshit related and I'm sure you do too.
>>
>>16908919
Don't feed the troll. Tripfags are scum of the earth.

Dude spends his entire time trolling /adv/.
>>
>>16908919
Advertising other websites is against the rules
>>
>>16908925
>his entire time

Please learn English
>>
1) Get a job with a decent salary.
2) Buy a car.
3) Find soul mate.
4) Buy a house.
>>
File: 1441319875251.jpg (23KB, 807x537px) Image search: [Google]
1441319875251.jpg
23KB, 807x537px
>Graduate college
>Find a career in engineering
>Afford that roadtrip I've always wanted to go on
>Maybe have a family down the road

>>16907905
That's true with the PNW in general. The only thing that stood out to me was pikes market when I was there.

>>16906389
Live the dream anon
>>
>>16908844
>if you guys want to ask more I wish I could give an email or something but it's 4chan
I made a throwaway gmail account, it's "definitionquery at gmail" etc...

I don't have any questions prepared immediately, but would you email me at that account?
>>
>>16908844
You could become a temporary tripfag, to answer questions.
>>
Fall in love, get married, buy land, build a house, have a kid, and raise them to be a better person than me/not make the mistakes I did.
>>
>>16908997
Email sent.

>>16909008
That I could.
>>
>>16909036
Reply sent, thanks.
>>
File: asdfasdf.png (402KB, 618x466px) Image search: [Google]
asdfasdf.png
402KB, 618x466px
Start my own family.
Forget I knew anyone from mine.
Fix whatever the fuck broke in my head.

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind drinking myself to death.
>>
>>16904996

>try not to kill myself or hurt my future wife and/or little kid anymore
>find something to do with my sociology grad

it's pretty much that at the moment.
I just want some pills to get going
>>
Femon
>Raise injured animals back to health
>Befriend wild animals and study them
>photograph a snowy owl in the wild
>Become a blacksmith and forge weapons and armor as a hobby
>Become professional game concept artist by 40
>Become art teacher on the side to help kids and young adults struggling with depression
>create a type of paper that has bigger colour spectrum than cmyk almost like an additive light source like a monitor for better colour accuracy
>Make men have equal rights to women and create a support system that will help everyone
>Become a candidate for the Green Party of Canada and live an imprint that will help future generations when I am not around anymore
>Hug a sloth
>Raise doggies as my kids
>Find a way to help handle my disabilities and anxiety then help people going through simular things
>Become a master smith and a master penman
>Take care of my parents when they get older and unable to care for themself
>>
File: 4jkuthcj9l.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
4jkuthcj9l.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>Adventure around the world
>Learn about different cultures, ethnic groups, different countries and their histories, political systems, religious groups; amass all that knowledge
>get married to my husbando and have kids

That's it really
>>
>Secure my girlfriend forever by making her my wife
>live a happy life
>>
>>16906109
YOU WANT HALF A KID??? D:
>>
Lick a hot Asian girl's pussy for at least a couple hours... If it costs money, I don't care as long as I'm legitimately attracted to her.

Get as rich as possible and eventually be able to afford travelling beyond paying my fucking student loans (that are literally choking me to death)

That's about it... Not die of kidney failure in the next year too I guess.

I feel pretty fucking low for a 32 year old with 8 years of college under my belt. Fuck my life
>>
>>16909596
Why did you go to college for 8 years dude
>>
i've kind of lost hope of achieving them at this point as a hs dropout/severely depressed autist/nearly 5 year neet, but i guess its worth reminiscing every once in awhile

>somehow stop being miserable
>get /fit/, pick up some decent hobbies
>make friends ;____;
>go to a top tier uni, major in math + phil
>travel around europe + asia + rest of the world maybe
>learn french + german, study classical latin + greek
>get a phd
>solve a millenium problem/ reconcile general relativity with quantum mech/ write a great work of philosophy
>marry a qt professor dom who will pat me on the head and tell me he's proud of me
>have 4-6 babies
>homeschool them, but make them do a lot of activities and stuff so they're not autists
>write memiors
>continue to do cool stuff/remain intellectually curious until death

tfw you've never been able to lower your expectations to at least be happy with a "normal" life, you either want all of the above or nothing, and it will almost certainly be the latter
>>
Make my wife's breasts bigger
>>
Kill myself before I turn 21. I've got just less than 7 months.
>>
>>16904996
France foreign legion
>>
>>16905525
>>16905607
Sound like your kids will be a nice punch bags
>>
bump~
>>
Honestly nothing. I have plans, but just things like 'graduate, get a job'. I don't even have any goal company. I don't know what i want, i don't have ambitions and dreams, nothing really drives me except my parents. I don't have any friends, i hate myself, i'm very insecure and self conscious.
>>
>>16904996
Unaccomplished.
>>
>>16904996
to not kill myself. real talk.
>>
I have no fucking idea.

On short-medium term I want

>move broad alone while being able to not cry every night
>get a 9-5 job and try not to kill myself
>get more relationship experience
>try to pursue my interests little by little

Yeah, I have no idea.
>>
>>16905536
>>16905566

You've got issues.
>>
File: 1454036662039.jpg (2MB, 3191x2130px) Image search: [Google]
1454036662039.jpg
2MB, 3191x2130px
Be a geologist, find resources for everyone, die having seen amazing shit in the world.

Make decent money
Don't really need a wife
Retire comfortably
Live free
>>
Mine are very cliche but here they are;
Have stability
Be unconditionally happy

Whether this means marriage and kids, or finding things I love doing and being with friends, whatever it is.. As long as I'm happy and can say on my deathbed that I spent my life being happy.
>>
>>16904996
Finish my triple major. Get into Government, fix as much as i can. Retire to either Japan or the Nertherlands. Some where in between I'd marry a Japanese or Dutch lady and eat my heart out. Also, buy a Fox bassoon.
>>
>>16905044
>psychological
Enjoy thst Walmart job, you will be at it for a long time. I.e forever
>>
>>16912989
yes, clearly I am going to be at walmart forever, which is why I'm starting college again in the fall.
>>
>>16905551
>No
Shit tier
>>
>>16912998
The only reason to go to college is STEM or permed, and by STEM I mean EM, and even matg is a bit iffy if you don't go to grad school and take the right courses.
>>
File: romania beaded.jpg (96KB, 564x934px) Image search: [Google]
romania beaded.jpg
96KB, 564x934px
buy a house
impregnate wife
build bigger muscles

that's about it
Thread posts: 172
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.