[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Staying friends after rejection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Fell in love with this girl.
Told her I liked her.
Rejection and stuff but she was totally cool about it

Thing is I kinda just accepted it without saying anything about continuing to be friends.

I have her number so I could just text her again, but would that be weird? Is it healthy to be friends with someone you still have feelings for? Is it better to just let go entirely?
>>
Not healthy til you can disconnect from feelings. It's natural to back off now.
>>
you either relentlessly keep hitting on her or drop it completely
why would you want to be a doormat for her
>>
>>16898948
Kinda has a point, if you stuck around, she might just be normal about it but you yourself should feel like a bit of a bitch for hanging round after she's just turned you down.

I say this only because you got deeply invested before asking her out. If you casually asked her out like you were just trying your chances and she said no, then sure you can still be friends. But not if you fell in love before asking, then you're kind of a loser if you don't cut things off.
>>
>>16898908
>Is it healthy to be friends with someone you still have feelings for?
No. It will drive you nuts.

This doesn't mean you have to walk out of her life and never see her again. You only need to be apart long enough for your feelings to cool. But you do need time and distance. That is the only cure.
>>
As has been mentioned you HAVE TO step away and break contact for a while. I've been on the other end of this and we're friends now.
I was dating a girl for 2 months, it got to the point where she wanted to be in a relationship, I told her I didn't feel that way, but I wanted to be friends at some point.
We didn't talk at all for maybe 9 months, after than we started snapchatting some times, just very casual mildy fun stuff you could send to anyone.

After like a year I asked what she was up to nowadays, turns out she has a boyfriend, studies in another town. She was going back to my town for holidays and her family a couple of weeks later, and we met up and had a really great time as friends.
There's no doubt in my mind if she still lived in this town we'd hang out more often, I'm sure we'll meet whenever she's back here again and still be friends.

Point is, you need time, can't say how much since it depends on when you have let her go.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.