[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm dropping out of uni tomorrow. Any advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1447616975998.gif (1011KB, 352x198px) Image search: [Google]
1447616975998.gif
1011KB, 352x198px
I'm dropping out of uni tomorrow. Any advice?
>>
>>16898131
Give us back story, anon. What happened?
>>
>uni
Well since you're in Europe you won't have 20k in loans to immediately start paying off. Get a job, find something you enjoy besides you're previous major, be prepared to be looked down on constantly
>>
>>16898131
accustom yourself to /r9k/ my friend.
>>
>>16898136
Long story short, I wanted to be a welder after high school, had no way to train for it so I ended up going to college. I won't get into the details but I hated every second of it and couldn't stand the assignments I got, so I'm deciding to leave.
>>
>>16898150
What are you going to do instead?
>>
>>16898150
>Another australian falling for the tradie meme
Step up nigga.
>>
>>16898158
probably kill myself.
>>
>>16898162
Probably? You're either seriously planning to do it or not, and it sounds like you're not. So what are you really planning to do?

If you don't have other plans, wouldn't it make more sense to stay in uni until you've figured something out?
>>
>>16898169

Not if OP hates it

I dropped out of Uni - I actually really loved my course, the study and the lifestyle but being an adult got in the way and I was forced to quit.

My biggest advice is to find a job - any job - that you enjoy doing but doesn't take up all your time. Use the money from the job to invest into your own hobby (even if that's welding) and get your head into the mindset of living your life.

If you're not a white-collar, career chasing focussed individual, or a business-minded person with aspirations of President status, then don't get sucked into the whole "good career" bullshit and focus on having a good life.
>>
>>16898162
>welder

I feel you could at least hunt around for a construction or trade job. Don't throw yourself out of the gene pool just yet, buddy
>>
>>16898131
Well, if I where you I'd at least talk to someone (your dad, mom or a sibling) before making such a serious decision.

There has to be something your good at/interested about and can make a living (earn money) with.

Lastly, do yourself a favor and don't become a NEET.

It sucks, trust me.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.