[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i live independently?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: man_doing_laundry_mon1020811.jpg (66KB, 640x424px) Image search: [Google]
man_doing_laundry_mon1020811.jpg
66KB, 640x424px
I'm 18 and my whole life my parents have done everything for me like cleaning my room, cooking, doing the laundry ect. They want me to start doing this stuff myself now but just the though of it makes me stressed as hell. How do i do all these basic house things without flipping my shit?
>>
Just do it and stop being a cunt
>>
Think out a schedule and stick with it. If you need to learn the basics any search engine will help.
>>
It's actually some of the easiest and most relaxing stuff. Have you ever suffered from a real problem? I assume only one or two. To give you a rough idea, wiping your own ass should inflict about 0% of the damage that a real problem does.
>>
>>16894744
Ask them for help with it.

Say that you don't mind helping with the chores, and that you recognise that you'll have to do these things yourself when you're living independently, but you want a bit of help to start with.

Everyone needs to learn how to use the washing machine, etc. No one inherently knows how to cook, but you can help in the kitchen, and gradually you can do more by yourself over time.

Just because you've turned 18 doesn't mean a magic switch has been flipped and you should suddenly be able to do everything without practice. As long as you let your parents know you want to learn and become independent, they should help you to do so. Just don't be lazy!
>>
>>16894744

Two stage process

>stop being a manchild
>see step one
>>
50% of the work is maintenance. Stop being a slob and letting things pile up and you'll have less to clean up.
>>
>>16894744
Go to college and learn there. Your friends will teach you.
Man freshman year was fun. Those kitchen fires lol.
>>
>>16894744
Same thing happened to me anon, I wound up NEET until 21 because everything was so fucking terrifying, once you get over these things you realize you were being incredibly stupid because it's all so simple really.

Just take it slow, cleaning your room and laundry are things you shouldn't have to do more than once a week. Ask your parents questions "How do I do this/What do you use for it/How do I use it/etc", even if you think it's a stupid question, ask anyway. It's better to ask a stupid question than end up doing something stupid.

tl;dr your parents made you a manchild but it's easy to fix, don't waste your time blaming them.
>>
>>16894744
you get off your ass and learn, cooking isnt hard buy a cooking book and follow the recipie to the letter. the best meal is the one you know you made yourself.

laundry isnt hard. put dirty clothes in the machine, put in a desert spoon full or (15 ml in metric) of detergent. turn dial to wash. wait to hang out clothes when spin cycle done. hang on washing line/clothes horse take off when dry then fold and put away. i knew how to do both of these when was 12! so whats your excuse ya lazy shit?
>>
lol I'm 23 and stopped doing all that shit anyway
now they do it all again
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.