[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ACCUTANE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1449688731433.jpg (42KB, 506x667px) Image search: [Google]
1449688731433.jpg
42KB, 506x667px
I'm going to be taking it soon and I'm wondering what the chances are of it coming back. Acne coming back is my worst fear. I wouldn't describe my acne as severe, but definitely mild to moderate. It's cystic and leaves behind scars, hopefully it'll be gone for good once I'm done taking accutane. Has anyone here taken accutane? Got any advice? I'm kind of scared to take it since I've heard horror stories about people who have experienced life-term side effects that have fucked them over.
>>
it sometimes comes back, then you just do another round.
>>
many times accutane only works as long as you're taking it, and if you stop it comes back with a vengeance, along with the long term side effects. it's why my derm never gave it to me and I'm thankful for it
>>
>>16883725
I've heard quite the opposite. I hear that it clears 60% of the people who take it for good, and that it comes back in a much less severe form after you take it.

>>16883721

Have you been on it? I don't think I'd do two rounds.
>>
skin still remains dry (need to moisturize daily)
hair kinda thinned out when i took it (had really thick hair before but lost quite a bit)

those were my two long term side effects. not sure if it was worth it... i think it probably was desu.
>>
>>16883968

How is your acne now?
>>
>>16883985
incredibly minor.
>>
>>16884009

I'm going to make sure to moisturize religiously everyday of course. I think I'll do a 5-6 month course, like I said. My acne is mild-moderate, but it's still cystic and I need to get rid of it. God help if it returns after I'm done. Also, how long has it been since you've taken accutane?
>>
>>16884025
what have you previously tried? what has your doc pescribed?
>>
>>16884029

Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, Face scrubs, drug store creams, doxycycline, and epiduo.
>>
>>16884025
ive been off it for about 2.5 years now.
>>
>>16884030
you might to try an antibiotic lotion instead of the oral form. it can be a lot more effective without the typically associated side effects cause it's a more isolated area and more potent. along with giving the benzoyl peroxide another try (you have to let it sit on your skin for at least two full minutes for the best effect) with glycolic acid as an exfoliant. I had horrible acne since elementary school, all over my face black and chest. now I only get a pimple or two if I'm
on my period

its up to you to take the accutane but I'd just say try everything else you can first. there's a reason many derms consider it a last resort for bad cases
>>
>>16883962
you can try a low dose, which only works as long as you're taking it, with reduced side effects.
>>
>>16883696
>Has anyone here taken accutane?

Two courses, about 20 years ago. No acne at all for years; I get a very occasional spot nowadays -like one every couple of months- but that's easily dealt with.

>I'm kind of scared to take it since I've heard horror stories about people who have experienced life-term side effects that have fucked them over.
Good. The horror stories are true. This is the acne drug of last resort for a reason: it's life-changing, but it comes at a price.

In my case, the most easily-visible side effect is that my skin still dries too easily, and the chepped lips are hellish. But I also can't hold my alcohol for shit. There is some suspicion that it may have affected my brain too, though that ia much harder to prove.

Whether or not this is worth it is up to you. Accutane is some scary shit. But if you need it, nothing else will do.
>>
>>16883696
I took accutane after years of acne and it went away completely and never came back. I've never had a problem with acne since and its been over 5 years.

However, i had acne on my shoulders i used to pop and scarred like hell. Still looks bad and ive never quite come to terms with it.

Moral: Don't mess with your acne theyre not kidding when they say it'll scar and this is especially true with shoulders and back. Early scar treatment is best so mention it to your derm if youre having trouble.
>>
>>16883696
My parents let me get accutane after we tried just about everything else and nothing worked even remotely well.

Your skin will get dry as fuck. Mine did--to the point of where my lips were constantly covered in oozing scabs and smiling made the corners of my mouth split and ooze as well. It fixed my back acne but left me with small, barely noticeable scars. And it may have given me digestive issues.

Would I do it again? Absolutely. My acne was a piece of shit. The negative aspects didn't outweigh the massive positive: no more acne. At the worst, I'll have a few minor bumps appear on my face, but other than that I'm acne free, and that's so fucking nice
>>
>>16884743
>>16884727

I don't have any shoulder, back, or chest acne. I'll also remember to moisturize my nostrils, arms, and face a lot. Hopefully this'll work out.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.