[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you stop hating yourself? Like, how do you learn to genuinely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: asuka something about the ages.png (137KB, 344x443px) Image search: [Google]
asuka something about the ages.png
137KB, 344x443px
How do you stop hating yourself? Like, how do you learn to genuinely love yourself?
>>
>>16808540
Do something
>>
Psychotherapy.

Maybe it's easier for people without weird abusive parents, though, I dunno.
>>
File: CajA8JyUUAAzzm4.png orig.png (819KB, 1348x1116px) Image search: [Google]
CajA8JyUUAAzzm4.png orig.png
819KB, 1348x1116px
>>16808545
What should I do?

>>16808547
Does psychotherapy really help? I went to 4 therapists already and it made everything just worse, I don't have any hope anymore in that stuff
>>
what do you hate about yourself?
>>
Different anon, but same question.

I am looking forward to some of the replies.
>>
>>16808590
I hate that I am balding

I hate that I dropped out of school while absolutely hating it.

I hate that I don't have the confidence to make my hobby my job, because I see people who are way more productive than I am.

I hate that I am still feeling to weak and scared.

I hate that my English sucks so much.

I hate that, if there are girls actually interested in my, I immediately turn them down for only god knows reasons.

I hate myself, and yet I am stuck with this pitiful existence.
>>
I was depressed and I hated myself, I couldn't look at myself in the mirror, I couldn't even look at my own shadow because I thought I was ugly af. Then I started looking at the mirror in the bathroom every day and I thought I could improve some things like my hair and skin, I kinda fixed them, I bought new clothes and started looking at the mirror again... I still hated myself but then I asked myself why I hated myself so much if I can't change some things that I hate. idk what happened but now i like myself, just try to like yourself and change what you can change that you don't liek
>>
Nature is 100% deterministic and you couldn't be any other way than how you are. Only goal in life needs to be pursuit of happiness, and if that involves something productive for others then all the better.

As for work specifically, the popular motto is find something you're passionate about and find a career in it. This is wrong imo - find a career that will benefit you well, and bring passion to it.

http://www.audible.com/pd/Classics/Meditations-Audiobook/B004IBRMZS
>>
>>16808590
Oh man, I feel worthless as a human being, I don't have any special abilities and always when I try to pick something up I fail completely, I can't seem to get okay at anything. My social skills are also non existant, I am unable to make any friends online and irl. Lookwise I'm also fucked, I often don't go outside, because I feel like other people would be bothered by seeing me. I actively avoid mirrors, because I vomitted last time I looked in one. I also lately started to lie in bed all day and listen to music, I don't feel like I have any energy at all anymore. This reinforces all my other feelings, every other person seem to be able to fight through it, but I keep spending my time at home, being worthless. I often feel like I should just die, getting a gun in my country is pretty hard, so I keep looking for it, any other method has the risk that you won't die and end up in an even worse state. My mind also just feels like a mess, I seem to started to hear my parents fighting sometimes, even when they aren't fighting, like some hallucination, I feel more detached from reality every day, like I'm another person, who is just looking through a camera. I really just don't know anymore, I feel like I shouldn't feel bad at all, but I still do.
>>
i hate myself and still think i am better than other people
>>
>>16808540
Be yourself, not even in a meme way, just try to find your true self, acting like that will make you happy
>>
2 "suicide" attempts and 9 years of therapy anon reporting in.

The key to loving yourself is saying it everyday. Get a white board marker and draw a funny face on all the mirrors so when you look in them, you laugh. Tell yourself you can do it. Just be really positive all the time. If you are feeling down about yourself then get up and do something productive. Go for a walk, complete a project, watch a how to video on something you have never done before or call a friend. The trick is to keep your mind busy and away from negative thinking until you realize how much you can do.
>>
>>16808540
When you know that thinking positively is really just lying to yourself, it's impossible.
>>
>>16809561
why is suicide with quotations?
you're right though, you gotta keep busy with whatever you like, all day everyday... you'll feel so much better after a while
>>
>>16809587
The first time was definitely suicide. Clear cut and dry attempt. The second one, I wasn't trying to kill myself. Just kind of happened that way. lol.

I think most people get stuck on themselves. Thats what my experience was, along with most others in group. You are so busy counting the list of things wrong with yourself. I live about 30 minutes away from some of the biggest trees in the world. Sometimes I just go to them. Stand at the base and look up. Realize how small I am. How little my problems actually are. Put things back into perspective.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.