[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ I hate my boss. I've hate him for years. I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: falling-down-502135940ebf8.jpg (592KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
falling-down-502135940ebf8.jpg
592KB, 1920x1080px
Hey /adv/

I hate my boss. I've hate him for years. I don't know if you all care why, but he's driven me to commit suicide 3 separate times.
This whole job is a prison.
I've been lucky enough to find my way out that isn't in such misery and sadness but I'm actually worried for other people who might take this job,
He's put me through hell for years, and I can't let him do the same to another person. With every technician he's every abused I've felt their pain and shared it. If I'm not their to help bear the burden of his harassment, I don't know what will happen to the poor bastard who takes my job.
My current plan is to say he molested me when I first started working with him alone.
>>
I'm sorry, my question is now that I'm getting out what is the best way I can ruin this man professionally?
>>
>>16799949
bump
please guys,I'm pretty stressed out about this
>>
>>16799949

Don't do that. Just because he's a jerk doesn't mean you need to ruin his life.

The only thing you can do is get a bunch of coworkers with you, and you all tell him, together, he's an asshole, or tell his higher up that he's abusive.

Best thing is, he reflects on his personally and changes. Worst thing is he keeps being an ass. Then you just quit and move on.
>>
>>16800032
I wish I could just move on.
I've made my self a door mat for this fucker and he just shits on me every day.
Don't get me wrong: he didn't tie the moose, or mix the drugs, but it was only after every interaction with him did I attempt it.
He's called nothing but strife and personal misery to me over the years, I need this not just because I want things to be right in the world but need to believe that I'm not as worthless and hated as he's made me feel all these years.
In time, I'd like to forget him and this entire chapter of my life ever happened, but I don't see that happening until I get some sort of justice.
>>
>>16800058
sorry about the errors, I guess I'm not thinking straight.
Listen, I've got some really negative thoughts about this man. Like I know I can resist these certain urges but I fantasize on them more and more frequently.
I can't let myself near any substance anymore because I'm afraid what I would do if I lost my inhibitions.
>>
what specifically did he do?
>>
>>16800098
His temperament is utterly explosive. I know people who go through basic get utterly devastated with insults and derogatory remarks but these tantrums he gets into when an experiment goes wrong is beyond anything what a coke fueled mel gibson would go into.
It was a little better when I was in my teens but after the first time I complained to my labs research interest leader he cooled down a little but resumed a year later.
He's also into being very passive aggressive, basically treating me like shit, making suggestions I might be mentally retarded, that I've done nothing but err in the past but some how he's had a messiah like patience to keep me on anyway.
The worst thing is the submissive bitch he's made me though. I've only really recently realized that I've been too fucking scared to do anything about his behavior. Honestly it's hard not to look at the trap I've been in for the last 7 years and not feel like a coward for subjecting myself to it for so long.
I just feel I need to make something to happen to him so I'm not this bitch any more
>>
File: download (2).jpg (8KB, 191x263px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
8KB, 191x263px
>>16800098
If you want specifics, he's locked me in a cold storage locker, has had me write apology letters to him after he loses his temper on me.
I think the worse thing though, is having me posted at the head ranges. Fuck that place. It's the dead of winter and you're utterly isolated. you can go for fucking days with out talking to anyone, and all you can do is organize biological equipment from the late 70's.
It's a kind of prison cell where the only communication available is this voice that reminds you why you're in this position.
>>
>>16800098
Listen man, I don't know if any thing I can say can touch on the amount of suffering he's inflicted on me over the years. He's spat on me, he's thrown literal dirt at me, he's done literally everything in his power to make my life hell with out actually breaking serious laws.
Maybe I'm not being rational, like I know there got to be some one who has a worse boss that actually physically harms them and there are actual slaves who still exist in the world who have it much worse than me.
But I still feel that I shouldn't be treated like shit because I'm not suffering in the way they are
>>
>>16800141
>>16800156
>>16800176

Yeah, no. He can possibly be held legally accountable for what he did to you, a lot of it sounds like legitimate abuse. Also why the fuck did it take you so long to leave that shit hole?
>>
>>16800058
>I've made my self a door mat
well we have identified the problem here then.

but I would quit and tell him what his problems are outright. Be constructive and professional. You can't change who others are but merely be focus on being a better person yourself. Some people it takes until they are almost dead to understand what they were doing wrong in life if at all.
>>
First off, don't ever lie. He didn't sexually molester you so don't say he did.

He could have done that if he had wanted and maybe get away with it, but he didn't cause he isn't a sexual predator.

Save those convictions for the people who are actually sexual predators, he doesn't deserve that one.

I have had numerous horrible bosses in my time, I've had one threaten to bash me and try to shove his finger up my ass and tell me he will rape my girlfriend.

I got him fired by voice recording everything, why didn't you simply do that?

Whatever the case is, you have to do what is right and have a clear conscious. Do you honestly think he deserves to have sexual predator on his record?
>>
>>16799949

Since he really did abuse you, you and a few others really should tell his boss.

Bosses of bosses really rain hell on their subordinates if they do stupid shit. Unless he's part of the BoD, the president or sometimes the CEO, he does answer to someone
>>
>>16800252
I feel like an idiot for allowing myself to go this long like this, but I was convinced that this job was my life.
I thought I needed it to help me get somewhere, to do something for me. Being a student, I was convinced I was some how lucky for this opportunity but now I know I would have been in a far better place had I quit a long time ago.
>>16800264
I spoke to brash about the child molester idea. I know it's wrong but that just seems like the easiest route to take although it will always have me feeling like shit. I won't let myself do it, you have my word (for what it's worth.)
>>16800356
Last time I did it ended badly for me. It went badly for everyone else too.
He's got this way of deflecting blame. He'll manipulate things to look like the good guy, he always does.
I want to go to EEO and launch some sort of complaint, but the thing is he is pretty well established in the scientific community so my concern is that I just have no credibility.
It's like he told me after the first time I complained: "I'm the boss, you're the employee. You either quit or I let you go. It doesn't work the other way around."
>>
>>16800447
I had the same deal. went into an industry thinking I'd be given a fair shot if I applied myself and did well. Well I did amazing work and as thanks I got taken out in a mass layoff. I came in an hour later than everyone and what they failed to see was I worked 16 hours a day to produce for them. They let me go and I heard later they asked the guy who trained me if he'd train someone new to do what I was doing. Bless the guy he told them he already had trained someone and he wasn't going to be wasting his time doing it again. I moved on to other things and gained a shit ton of experience from it... on both a professional and life experience level. I learned from that experience how little they actually recognized what I had accomplished. And I am better for having moved on.
>>
Depending on what country you live in that may be the case, usually if you threaten to go to the union most bosses back off or pretend they are not concerned, but you can tell by the look in their face they are.

Just record what he says and that's evidence. As long as it isn't a video recording it should be fine.

But yes, if you are the only one to go forward without evidence then nothing will happen.

No one wants to write somebody up, sack somebody or anything along those lines if they aren't 100% sure it's legit.
>>
>>16800470
I always thought you couldn't use a recording unless they consent to being recorded?
>>
>>16800469
I get what you're saying but just moving on and letting go will be easier when I just prove that I didn't deserve the abuses I suffered over the years.
>>
It depends on the country I suppose. But I believe in Australia you are suppose to alert them before recording however you have reasonable reason to record such as bullying then it's okay to do it without consent.

My brother recorded his ex boss secretly using a sound recorder on his phone and they demoted the boss.

But again it depends on the country I suppose. Look at all the things in the news about cctv footage being used as evidence.
>>
>>16799949
You've been driven to commit suicide 3 separate times? Wow so you must be pretty dead by now then.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.