[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A new local art gallery gave me the chance to exhibit an art

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

A new local art gallery gave me the chance to exhibit an art piece in their latest show in hopes that it would sell. There are three days left in the show and the piece hasn't sold. I did my best with social media marketing and having people visit but I had no luck. I do pretty well in my private sales, but with the gallery commission price, I guess it has scared off buyers. I feel horrible about it because I gave them confidence in the work and it hasn't sold.

I was thinking that I could pay them the commission that they would have received if it sold just out of the kindness of my heart. I want them to stay in business because they brought amazing art to my area and are supporting the movement that I'm in. Is this unprofessional or uncalled for if I do this? What would you do in this situation?
>>
>>16796794
That's what you get for trying to be an artist instead of an illustrator .
Also post pick of art.
>>
>>16796931
>Also post "pick" of art.

That's what you get for being a STEM major who can't find a job instead of an English major.
>>
>>16796931
That's what you get for being an illustrator instead of a carpenter. Pick a job in a solid job sector and these problems never arise.
>>
>>16796931
Who said my work isn't illustration?
I'm not here to show off my art. I'm here to ask for advice.
>>
>>16796940
This isn't a problem, it's just an awkward situation for me. My livelihood does not depend on a gallery sale, but the gallery owner's life does.
>>
>>16796953
Fuck him, chances are he's a failure at everything he does if he can't trick some yuppie into buying your shitty art. Go back to drawing commissioned furry shemale hentai for /d/ and move on with your life.
>>
>>16796963
Yikes. Are you that upset with yourself?
>>
>>16796794
If you're not looking for any brownie points with these people, and you have the money to spare, just make an anonymous donation around the same amount. Include a little note about how you appreciate the gallery and such.

I don't think you should feel too bad, though. Nothing is ever going to be a guaranteed sell and they knew that with every piece they decided to display. But hey, you've still got three days left.
>>
>>16796987
That's an awesome idea. Anonymously would probably be the best bet. I could do it a week after the show or something.
>>
There's plenty of space to show art at a gallery. He'll make money even if your art doesn't sell
>>
>>16796794

So what's to stop you from selling it once the exhibition ends? Is the gallery burning everything that doesn't get sold?

Put it on your personal website or however you sell things after the exhibition, if someone wanted it but didn't want to pay the commission price they can contact you for it then.
>>
>>16797067
The piece is marked in a specific way that separates them from my private sales. It's an exhibition print that is numbered stamped and signed. I could sell it privately but it will damage the integrity of the image if someone can buy the limited edition print for less directly through me. No one would buy my pieces from galleries in the future if they knew they could just buy it under the table that easily. It sucks but I am trying to build demand for the limited supply.
>>
>>16796987

Damn good idea, bud.

Or maybe have a friend buy it and OP can cover the cost.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.