[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where's the line between being the 'strong silent type'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Where's the line between being the 'strong silent type' and autism?
>>
Being able to understand and relate to others, even if one doesn't express that understanding outwardly.
>>
>>16780179

1. Being able to talk like a normal person when need be vs not being able to.
2. "Strong silent types" only get any attention if they are hot as fuck or otherwise desirable - in other cases, you will just get ignored.
>>
>>16780179
Strong silent types are also masculine and traditionally attractive.

If you have to ask if you're 'strong silent type', then you're not.
>>
>>16780179
The creepyness
>>
>>16780179
has the strong silent type ever worked? it sounds like a myth. one of my friends is good looking but quiet and he never gets anywhere with girls because you need to be able to talk. the strong silent type is just someone who is shy and beta.
>>
>>16780216
So much this.
>>
If other people call you the strong silent type, you are probably the strong silent type.

If you call yourself the strong silent type, you are probably autistic.

Do you see the difference?
>>
What are some examples of strong silent types? What do they look like?
>>
>>16780179
The first is an archetype and the other is a neurological condition.
>>
File: 1454878597898.jpg (185KB, 636x446px) Image search: [Google]
1454878597898.jpg
185KB, 636x446px
>>16780264
I suppose you could call me one, and it doesn't work at all with girls, I guess. I've been rejected twice and none's just going to walk up to me and ask about me. I'd have to stop being silent and pursue them. Fuck my life.
>>
>>16780264
it works but you need to learn to say the right things and appear interesting if you do speak.
>>
>>16780264
I guess I'd fall into the category of the strong silent type, and I've been pretty successful with women. I'm not bad looking, which helps. My biggest short coming is I sometimes externalize my own insecurities. I apparently am a lot more interesting than I perceive myself to be.
>>
>>16780801
Yes, this. The nice thing about not being a loud mouthed person, is if you're the type that chooses your words carefully, they have more weight, and everyone listens.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.