[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friend's really berating me and calling me a child because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1430133159721.png (283KB, 623x469px) Image search: [Google]
1430133159721.png
283KB, 623x469px
My friend's really berating me and calling me a child because I said I was getting sleepy at 12 AM. It's not even the fact that I'm inclined to sleep at this time that he's insulting me over, it's that I used the word "sleepy" at all.

Why would he be so cruel about this? What's this faggot's deal?
>>
>>16770608
bump

tl;dr My friend thinks saying "sleepy" is childish to say and is insulting me over it and daring me to tell other people I'm "sleepy".

Is this normal?
>>
Sleepy sounds kind of childish, and I use it in a humorous manner from time to time, but your friend is really a faggot if he berates you for it.
>>
i think the problem lies with you my friend

if you're old enough to have a roommate you should be old enough to cope with their bullshit without venting your thoughts out on anonymous forums

learn more about yourself
>>
>>16770608
I sometimes get severely autistic like that about words
Best thing to do is let him win and just not say the word again, he'll forget, you'll forget whatever
>>
>>16770697
When someone says something so out of left field like that I seriously wonder whether this is a normal thing to do because I don't have much experience with people outside my family.
>>
>>16770608
Your friend is an idiot, because no one should give a shit about something like that.
>>
>the word "sleepy" is childish
...what? I've never heard of someone thinking that. Ever. And I'm 31.
>>
>>16770768
He's 35 and I'm 21, so he "KNOWS BETTER", he's "EXPERIENCED" because he's "BEEN AROUND".
>>
>>16770768
same, 39 and have never heard someone call "sleepy" a childish word. "tummy" yes. "sleepy"...the only odd connotation I can dredge out of my brain is hypnotists saying "you are getting very sleepy"

>>16770778
well tell him someone older than him disagrees. also tell him to get a fucking hobby because he doesn't sound like he has anything better to do than get riled up over someone else's word choices.
>>
awww sumone gettin a widdle sweeppy
a widdle tired

dawwwww
>>
>>16770608
Sounds like autism.
That or he's mad at you for something.
Maybe he's just doing banter, if it's a regular thing I wouldn't worry and just tell him to eat shit.
If it's not, he's probably upset.
>>
>>16770781
I don't even want to talk about this to him again, glad to know it was as nonsensical as I thought though.

>>16770785
I wish he just talked to me like that, at least I'd know he's just fucking with me but he actually lowkey(but still said it) called me an idiot for saying it's just a normal word.

>>16770794
I'd bank on him being upset, he sometimes does this to me but the worst was half a year ago when I didn't give a girl a piece of paper for him. He did it in a subtle way and I didn't even realize the reason for the shit talking until I connected the dots a month ago.

[spoiler]Why am I friends with this guy[/spoiler]
>>
>>16770822
He sounds really childish, taking it out on you for the smallest shit.
However, if it's common it could be that you're just a dick and never do stuff for him.
>>
>>16770823
I just loaned him 50 bucks 30 minutes prior to this, 3 days before I spent 2 hours and 4 hours the day before in a study session with him and I tried my very best to help him pass the statistics test. He was straight up not getting a majority of the concepts before we studied together.
>>
>>16770842
Huge red flags there. I once had a friend like that: always like to put you down, gets angry often over small issues, always try to "correct" you, doesn't perform well in school, claiming to be more mature despite not actually being mature, and asking for help often but not willing to help back in return. These all go together like bread and butter. You should ditch your shitty friend before he ruins your life.
>>
>>16770608
Tell him to stop being grumpy.
>>
>>16770949
This.

I've known quite a few people like this. They put others down because of their own inadequacies. But they still like to think that everyone is beneath them, and will tear you down if you say/do something they don't like.
>>
>>16770608
I had a friend that would sometimes do shit like this back in high school. Some days, he'd just be really mean to me for no reason about little mundane shit like that.

I later realized that it was because of his brother, who was severely autistic. Somedays, his brother would just fuck with him or otherwise make his life difficult.

Chances are, your friend is going through something and taking it out on you. I'm not saying that's okay or cool or anything. Just helps to know, sometimes, I think.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.