[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What to do if boyfriend is giving the silent treatment- for a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8

What to do if boyfriend is giving the silent treatment- for a WEEK? It's just starting to make me VERY resentful. I didn't think he was so childish from the start...
He's done this before but not quite this long, and I'll be the one to say ok listen let's just work things out. This time I've messaged him a few times, and called leaving a message twice...
What's the next step?
I'm absolutely kept in the "dark". No idea what's going on. I don't want to keep messaging/pushing him if he needs time to think over things...
>>
>>16759031
Dump him. He's an idiot. No one should give the silent treatment after elementary school.
>>
Last time I called and left a message was last night around 12pm, and now it's about 9pm here. I don't know if I should just let it go and stop trying to contact him, or call him again tonight, or message him through facebook, or what to say when I message him. "holy shit you're being childish and manipulative, fuck it i'm blocking you", or what
>>
File: B_ZOY-sU0AEcwAk.jpg-large.jpg (22KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
B_ZOY-sU0AEcwAk.jpg-large.jpg
22KB, 640x640px
>>16759035
fuck it's so hard though...
>>
>>16759043
Just ignore him. Really. If he doesn't care enough about you to work out whatever problem he has with you, why should you care enough to give him an explanation?
Stop talking to him, and when he decides to text you tell him it's over because he's childish and manipulative.
>>
>>16759035
plot twist, OP is in elementary school
>>
it's making me so resentful I want to just be like "Wow kiddo, you're a man-child just like I presumed. Runs in the family, eh? Well I shouldn't have settled for you a few weeks after my first choice didn't want me. I'm blocking you, have a nice life :)", and send him a snapchat of me grabbing someone's dick, or some petty shit like that.
>>
>>16759031
you don't write what you actually did to get the silent treatment, you stupid bitch.
>>
>>16759050
This is probably the best answer. But HO-LEE shit I'm terrible at these things. My mind always drifts to "what if?" I mean, we were arguing a lot so it makes sense to take time away... but, you know, state it first that you need TIME YOU FUCKING IAJFOAIRHJOAEIR
>>16759054
We're 23/24. lol
>>
>>16759068
>mad
anyway, we got into an argument. I brought up how I felt stranded at the bar and couldn't get a word in when we went to a friends house because he kept interjecting, and he drinks too much, he got defensive and said he doesn't know what i'm talking about and that i'm making a big deal.
>>
>>16759059
>and send him a snapchat of me grabbing someone's dick
snapchat of grabbing another man's dick, directly after break up message. Wow, show yourself as a keeper, huh.
>>
>>16759082
you must be a really annoying woman if you are getting the silent treatment over that.
>>
>>16759088
Meh. I know it's fucked up, but I figure if I was going to end it and endure all this shit, it's a very "fuck you" type of fuck you... 95% sure I won't do this though.
>>
>>16759092
>blaming the woman for the man being childish and turning to stone wall mode
kek
>>
>>16759096
No, you sound like a classy lady. Seems like something you should do.
>>
>>16759031
He's probably cheating on you. Just tell him it's over and then ignore him for a week. Someone who can't deal with problems through open communication is ABSOLUTELY worthless when it comes to relationships.
>>
>>16759117
If i was dating her I'd cheat too.
>>
>>16759106
>>16759126
>confirmed for bitter boyfriend
>>
>>16759117
>he's probably cheating on you
what makes you think that? Just curious.
>ignore him for a week
just a week or forever and never contact again?
>>
>>16759135
You are doing him a favor by breaking up. Go do it.
>>
>>16759140
Thanks for bumping my thread but the whole "angry misogynist taking his anger out on anons" is pretty overdone.
>>
>>16759144
>misogynist

Thinking you are retarded is not misogyny.
>>
He's breaking with you.

I gave the silent treatment once to a woman because I didn't want to be with them. She sent a similarly dumbass immature message like you did out of her own insecurity to follow the delusion that she "had the last laugh!"
>>
>>16759152
So you were a baby and couldn't just end things? She sounds savage, good for her.
>>
>>16759149
sure
>>
>>16759152
Haha this!
>>
>>16759031

I'm married so the wisdom of my advice may be a little off target since you are dating (you don't have to be as committed)

Just tell him how you feel. Tell him in few words that:

> You are upset
> You want this to end
> You want to talk
> You are putting the ball in his court for conversation
> Goodnight

I'm assuming that you are being a grown up and are willing to consider what you have done to upset him as well.

The right thing to do (for the health of the relationship) is rarely the cool, power-to-me action. Then again I'm a dude so I'm often the one apologizing - but it takes two people to come together and get the bleh out.

Don't take stuff to seriously - you're young. Go have fun and stop worrying about dingleberries and their opinion of you.
>>
>>16759137
Reminds me of this episode of Cheaters that I saw, where the woman realized her boyfriend would start a fight on a friday for no reason, and then not talk to her until sunday at church (black people), turns out he would just start a fight and then go off and spend the weekend with another woman.

But yeah, I'd never talk to him again. See how he likes it.
>>
>>16759168
Thank you first of all.

I'm a little afraid to say "I want to talk" because he's said before "i dont wanna talk it just ends in an argument"...

>i'm a dude so i'm the one apologizing
meh, in my experience girls apologize a lot too... but you sounds pretty mature man.

Yeah I'm aware of what I might have done to upset him. I said I was willing to work on things :/

I'll call him once more tonight, and if he doesn't pick up i'll leave him a text. :(

>>16759180
Hmm.... maybe. I've been feeling this weird "gut feeling" about him because he's charming and flirty.
>>
File: kek.jpg (27KB, 608x402px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
27KB, 608x402px
>>16759180
>reminds me of this episode of a staged reality show

Holy shit, this is better than yahoo answers!
>>
>>16759205
not anon that said that, but I mean it sounds realistic... kind of. A lot of people do this kind of shit.
>>
Your relationship is unhealthy and sounds like it will stay that way. Leave him.
>>
OP here, also, he thinks I'm a little crazy. I asked to see his phone because of some suspicious shit I saw a while ago and wanted to see if there's something going on and why he's acting this way.
He got really mad, eventually let me see it. I mistook a text as something it wasn't.
(around night time) Girl: hey where are you?
Him: sends pic of face
The call log showed she called him right as he sent the pic. My mind automatically thought "aw fuck, he was gonna meet up this girl."
He said he sent the picture of his face because she was messaging the wrong person......

Of all fucking instances, what the fuck.
>>
>>16759227
I feel really sick and anxious about all of this... How do you move on? I mean, that's a broad question but fuck dude this relationshit stuff is difficult.
>>
>>16759082
sounds like hes gotten fed up with dealing with your shit. neither of you want to give in, and now hes just said 'fuck it i'm not even going to bother wasting a single effort' because he knows exactly where its going head-nowhere.
>>
>>16759234
Don't worry. In the long run I think it will be best for him to be rid of you. And I'm certain he can find another gf quite soon.
>>
>>16759247
Hmm... you sound particularly bitter.
He's been pretty heart broken and lonely in the past because the past few girls he was associating with weren't interested... I should have figured why.
>>
>>16759255
>you sound particularly bitter.
she said bitterly

then added how much of a loser her bf is
>>
>>16759031
What did you do...
>>
>>16759264
broke his spirit and drove him into the arms of another woman.
>>
>>16759082
He sounds kinda like a bitch. But at the same time, if he's drunk with his friends he's gonna be a little obnoxious

Have you brought this up before? More importantly... Is this really what you two are fighting about
>>
>>16759264
I posted it earlier in this thread before the typical male trolls came along. tl;dr told him i was upset with how drunk he was to the point he kept talking over me and kind of ignoring me, he got butthurt, he admitted we can't seem to hang out without there being some argument (half true) we are both hard headed and that's basically it
>>
>>16759274
Yeah, I have. He's kind of agreed to chill on the drinking and going out a bit, which he did (mainly because he was tired after work) but then said no fuck it I'm not going to change after we got into an argument this last time.

I get drunk and don't forget him, though :/ yeah I get kind of obnoxious but I get very loving and sweet and happy and "hmm im drunk lol i wanna see how he's doing :)))" you know?

Or am I expecting too much?
>>
>>16759274
Oh and the whole me looking at this phone thing...
I get mad because I think "c'mon, anon, don't be naive... he's a charming flirty young guy that drinks and goes to bars... something's gotta be up..."
>>
>"Wow kiddo, you're a man-child just like I presumed. Runs in the family, eh? Well I shouldn't have settled for you a few weeks after my first choice didn't want me. I'm blocking you, have a nice life :)", and send him a snapchat of me grabbing someone's dick, or some petty shit like that.

So now that you've told us how you really feel, why are you surprised that this guy doesn't want anything to do with you?

Shaming him, telling him you shouldn't have rebounded on him, and then showing him a picture of you on the cock carousel..

Boy, that sure would show him!

You go girl!
>>
>>16759289
... did someone do this to you before lol

I've never mentioned anything like that around him.
>>
File: 1453262923225.jpg (27KB, 320x362px) Image search: [Google]
1453262923225.jpg
27KB, 320x362px
>>16759289
your such a bitter male troll for telling her the truth XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>16759299
buddy are you sure you're not triggered? Or op's boyfriend?
>>
>>16759299
Considering how the male-ego is, yes that would sort of show him, causing him to get furious and feel resentful as well.
OP might also get murdered.
>>
>>16759275
>>16759281
Nah youre fair for thinking that way. It sounds like he is annoyed by you for whatever reason. Not your fault, I'm guessing he's tired of the relationship and wants something new.

But listen, somebody ignoring you for a week is unacceptable. Especially for a boyfriend. Just break up with him, he's probably trying to get you to do it anyways
>>
>>16759305
>OP might also get murdered.
we can only hope
>>
>>16759311
haha boys are so easily triggered
>>
>>16759306
>trying to get you to do it anyway
why.jpg
>>
>>16759296
You haven't mentioned it around him, that's the point. You're holding contempt, and your musings of shaming and trying to get back at him show that you're kind of a sociopath.

Do the guy a favor and just leave him alone. There are plenty of other souls you can harvest.
>>
>>16759318
>why.jpg
read the thread
>>
>>16759318
Im not sure, maybe he's afraid to do it or maybe he just wants to make you out to be a bitch who broke up with him.

I could be projecting though, I had an ex treat me like garbage the last few weeks until I broke up with her. Her parents loved me, so that's why

One last thing.... Don't do the dick pic thing. The best way to get back at people is to act unfazed. Sending a pic of you holding somebody's dong screams that you're torn up by it
>>
>>16759325
Woah guys we got a Freshman Psych major here watch out
>>
>>16759344
Deflect all you like.

I, like your ex-boyfriend, don't have to put up with your shit. It feels pretty good, I have to admit.

Good luck kiddo.
>>
>>16759331
>Her parents loved me
Nice, so did you still bang them after the breakup?
>>
>>16759351
Not OP lol and your post was filled with edgelord tipping I had to reply
>>
File: wk.gif (40KB, 400x317px) Image search: [Google]
wk.gif
40KB, 400x317px
>>16759390
Not the guy you were replying to, but I knight thee
>>
>>16759031
Backing down shows weakness, continue being a birch!
>>
>>16759402
Epic memes bro! :^). Quality image, mind if I save and endlessly repost it? Just in case somebody has a differing point of view from mine
>>
>>16759351
>don't have to put up with your shit
yet here you are, bumping the thread
also that wasn't me you replied to, "kiddo"
>>
File: 1451368437933.png (2MB, 1372x771px) Image search: [Google]
1451368437933.png
2MB, 1372x771px
>>16759402
>.gif
>>
Thanks to the anon(s) in here being constructive and not being cocks.

So, yeah I wasn't going to do the dick pic thing. I'd regret it later, and who knows I might get stabbed or something idk.
>>
The cock-suckery in here is scrumptious, but I have to ask: So what is the plan?

Do I do what >>16759168 said and reach out and be clear with how I feel again, or just say "hey look... it's obvious this isn't going to work out. Thanks for the experiences, laughs, and good times. I wish you all the best. "
>>
File: PiccoloRippingOffHisArm-1.jpg (29KB, 480x342px) Image search: [Google]
PiccoloRippingOffHisArm-1.jpg
29KB, 480x342px
fuck I feel so shitty and weird right now. Heart ache is a fucking BITCH. FUCK. If I'm so hurt over this, I can't imagine what it'll be like when family passes or my future kids get hurt or something. FUCK
>>
>>16759420
>Just in case somebody has a differing point of view from mine
No, you need to post it when you meet white knighting asstards

>16759434
>posts moronic 1,78 MB png
>has some kind of a problem with a perfectly fine 40 KB gif image

Kill yourself

>>16759438

>Thanks to the anon(s) in here being constructive
your welcome

>I might get stabbed or something idk.
We can only hope
>>
>>16759461
dangerouslyautistic.jpg

lol clearly mother issues I presume
>>
>>16759461
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>16759468
>mother issues
With your mom.
>>
>>16759461
>getting this assblasted on /adv/
>>
File: opinionvsfacts.jpg (48KB, 394x406px) Image search: [Google]
opinionvsfacts.jpg
48KB, 394x406px
>>16759488
>>
Ah yes the derailment it pleases me so...

Seriously guys. I am hurt. Thinking of the good times and wishing for the past is something I'm so used to. I hurt very hard when I feel.

I know logically I should just leave it, and probably just break up/say hey thanks for everything have a good life... but my impatient/pathetic part of me wants to try again tonight and message.
>>
>>16759031

Break up with that child you're dating. Healthy adults don't act like that.
>>
>>16759096
>guy doesn't give me enough attention
>have to seek out a revenge fuck and go full scorched earth

Major cunt move. Even if you are a histrionic cunt, think of the damage it will do to your reputation... you might hurt him for a couple weeks, but he will look back on you as a crazy whore he was lucky to see the end of.

If you want to fuck him up, be a fucking grown up and gracefully say you don't like his behavior and you're not going to see him again.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.