[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Religion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Does it make me an awful person if I can't respect Christianity and it's beliefs and those who believe them?

I used to believe them, but then I realized that it's a crock of shit. But I respected the beliefs and those who sincerely held to them.

My late girlfriend told me when we met that she was agnostic after I said I was somewhere on the agnostic-athiest spectrum (Not a special snowflake). She then refused to become more intimate with me and when I asked why, she told me that she had lied and that she was a christian. Not just one who went to church for friends and to placate parents for uni money. A believer.
She told me because she thought I wouldn't love her like I did if she told the truth. Almost as if she knows her beliefs are full of shit.

This level of betrayal and deception, added to the amount of things they've done to my country, my friends, my world and my own head is too much. I hate believers, every single one of them is a sinner and a liar.
>>
>>16756431
>I hate believers, every single one of them is a sinner and a liar.
If you don't believe, how can you think anyone is a "sinner", since that only exists in a believers construct?

And if they believe, by definition, they are not lying.

Your argument doesn't make sense.
>>
If you hate people for being less than perfect you will never be happy. God, the Nature of Reality - people are always in a constant understanding of what these thing mean, and what they mean to others and those who existed long before them. There will always be someone further behind and further ahead on the road to understanding and enlightenment. Do not fault them for their current place, as you are not at the end of that road either. Encourage them instead to look deeper yet.
>>
>>16756436
Sin is a crime against yourself. They are sinners to their own faith by definition of humanity.

They are liars because they abuse and misuse their faith and disregard it at their own will.
>>
>>16756444
Sorry, that's supposed to read 'people are always in a search for understanding.'
>>
>>16756445
>They are sinners to their own faith by definition of humanity.
Huh?
>>
File: 1454103298690.jpg (86KB, 570x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454103298690.jpg
86KB, 570x720px
>>16756431
You sound like an incredibly unlikable and bitter person to be honest. You have a bad experience with a Christian and decide to flip your shit and marginalize an entire group of people across the entire world because your feelings were hurt.

Grow the fuck up man.
>>
>>16756431
Had the same problem with my boyfriend, however he's agnostic and not atheist.
He eventually grew to respect me because I'm not a very good Christian and admit when I'm not. I don't go off of the bible, but rather Jesus' lessons and try to be a good person without judgement and give others as much respect as I can, even if they don't deserve it in my eyes.
I believe that all religions are one and they all pray to the same god, which by construct is very UNChristian but I try to focus more on how I treat people rather than a religious/spiritual label. It took me quite a few years to come to terms with what I actually believe and it's constantly changing and forming me as a person.
Try having her explore new religions with you, and maybe you can grow to accept her/Christianity or she can grow to accept a new version of faith. But if you continually disrespect her by arguing her beliefs while having none OR no research, you look worse than the bible thumpers you hate.
>>
>>16756494
Our relationship is over. This drove the wedge between us and she left soon after.

"No research"? Triggered.
It's because of your brethren that the rest of the world mocks my country and hates it. It's because of your bretheren that we have many social, political and economic issues. Namely, Abstinence-only policies and abortion restrictions.

>>16756452
Everyone is a sinner, in christianity. The only non-sinning man was Jesus of Nazereth to them.

>>16756468
Nobody else has to grow up when they're a shithead, including many who have hurt me across the years.

But going past that, it's evident to me that they really are lower classes of intellectuals. And worse, it's intentional.
>>
What a pretentious bag of shit. OP, it's people like you who make us atheists look bad. Please, shut the fuck up forever, would you kindly?
>>
OP, do not worry. Everybody will get what they deserve.

I chose to believe, and if that disgusts you I hope you will face judgement after your death.

Now grow up.
>>
OP you're a hypocrite dickwad. She didn't betray you at all. She didn't lead you on, she only wanted to know the truth. There are more than enough fake christian pussy hunters out their to warrant her caution.
>>
>>16756530
Nobody tells Christians who restrict rights for everyone, rape children, force gay teens onto the street for being who they are and drive up the transgender suicide rate to 40% annualy to be quiet. This is another thing. The Christians never seem to treat others fairly and unbiased. Good to know you won't be interested in fairness either.

I'm in the right, why the hell should I be quiet?
Again.
What they've done to me, my friends, my relationships, my family, my country and my world. In order from least to greatest severity.
>>
OP, you've got a golden chance there.

Try believing, and otherwise pretend. Having a girlfriend who passionately believes is the best. You'll be the man of the house, the provider, like it should be. She'd be loyal to you, conservative, respect you.

Make it happen, we need more Christians and/or people who share those values.
>>
>>16756546
"The Christians".. I bet you're the same person who shouts " not all muslims!" You hypocrite.
>>
>>16756541
Good. I hope so. I hope those of you that deny that the world is slipping into destruction because you wanted a giant truck and to live in excess, despite your book, will get what you deserve. I hope all your child rapers will rot in prison as sex toys. I hope all the hypocrites die slowly.

Because they wish the same for me, but I've done nothing to harm the world in the magnitude that they have.
>>
>>16756548
It would have been had she not betrayed me and left in the embarrassment and shame at hurting me that badly.

>>16756545
Gain literacy skills before replying, retard.

>>16756551
I used to be that person when I was brainwashed from childhood into believing their shit. I'm not anymore.
>>
>>16756431

Raging atheists like you are as bad as religious fundamentalists. Grow up.
>>
File: map-christianity.png (103KB, 800x383px) Image search: [Google]
map-christianity.png
103KB, 800x383px
>>16756548
Oh and also pic related. No. We don't need more. We don't need more brainwashed idiots driving the world's population up and consuming our resources and pushing us to the edge of crisis. Their book tells them not to think. They willingly choose to not think and will drive us into destruction.
It's bigger than just me.
>>
>>16756578
Other religions based on the same thing advocate population growth as well. Why is christianity so bad? I'd go as far as to say I'd rather have the whole world be Christian rather than Muslim, and I'm an atheist. Even as an Atheist you have to differentiate. There are worse evils and you have to keep your priorities straight.

At least hate as much on other religions as much, Islam is much more fierce agaibst honosexuals and trans people. Hell they stone them and throw then off buildings.
>>
>>16756554
There's no reasoning with you. In my whole Church there is no one more hateful against others than you. You say what you want, I love the Christian community I am in. They pray for people who have it worse, they even pray for honosexuals and victims of war, they are lovinf people and you will never understand. I pity you.

God bless.
>>
>>16756546
Really? NOBODY tells people not to rape, discriminate or control others?
At first I thought you were an asshole, but you're just retarded.
What exactly are you doing to change the world? You seem more concerned with condemning people based on faith, kinda like the Christians you're complaining about?
You're close minded and complaining about fairness while you act like a self righteous, hypocritical twat.
You blame religion for "your" country/world (it's everyone's you selfish fuck, freedom of religion works both ways), your friendships/relationships (which you probably ruined) while taking NO responsibility for your own downfalls, and NO action towards changing things to how YOU want them.
>tl;dr OP is a cynical loser who sits around and complains about the world while calling OTHERS judgemental, biased and unfair
>>
>Does it make me an awful person if I can't respect Christianity and it's beliefs and those who believe them?
No, it just makes you really unintelligent.
>Almost as if she knows her beliefs are full of shit.
She doesn't "know her beliefs are a pile of shit", she knows that you're a judgmental asshole.
>every single one of them is a sinner and a liar.
So are you
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.