[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gf issue.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: 4892854-3x2-340x227.jpg (16KB, 340x227px) Image search: [Google]
4892854-3x2-340x227.jpg
16KB, 340x227px
>women want to complain about their easy problems
>men want to give simple solutions

> I DIDN'T ASK YOU TO SOLVE MY PROBLEM I JUST WANTED TO VENT

Every.Fucking.Day.

How are these just "differences"?
The female method is clearly
>>
>>16714390
*clearly worse
>>
>The female method is clearly worse
Who cares, stop being an autist and just tell her some bullshit like "i know", "i'm sorry" etc. Offer solutions only if she ask for them
>>
>posts on a board which is meant for giving solutions
>in order to vent
Good job on demonstrating the female method.
>>
File: how to be a 3 percent man.png (52KB, 478x188px) Image search: [Google]
how to be a 3 percent man.png
52KB, 478x188px
>>16714390

from "how to be a 3 percent man" by corey wayne (free on scribd), page 203
>>
Just let her vent, man.
>>
>>16714433
>if she jumps in your arms and is hugging and kissing you

Wow this sounds like describing a dog.
>>
>>16714443

then get a dog
>>
>>16714444
Actually, I was just wondering if that's what my boyfriend thinks of me. Usually when I hug him as soon as he comes home it's mostly because I'm cold.
>>
>>16714429
Holy kek this
>>
File: the more you know.gif (39KB, 400x264px) Image search: [Google]
the more you know.gif
39KB, 400x264px
Women aren't morons, guys. They know the answer most of the time to the problems they talk about. They don't need some dumbass dude coming in and giving them the obvious answer.

Imagine your friend calling you up:
>hey man my car broke down, can you pick me up?
>you need a new car
>yeah I know, but I don't have a ride right now
>you know why you don't have a ride? because your car is broken down. I'm telling you, you need a new car.
>dude I need a ride back from the mechanics
>WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID? YOU NEED A NEW CAR. WHY DONT YOU LISTEN? YOU'RE SUCH AN IDIOT

except replace "pick me up from the mechanics" with "support me"

This is how people who aren't fucking autists understand it.
>>
>>16714390
I am a guy and I like to vent some stuff too (it helps to clear my mind) and I find annoying when people give simple solutions because I already know what should I do, this is not a feminine trait is childish more than anything in my opinion.
>>
>>16714443
>>16714454
>>16714447
>>16714444
that's why they call them "bitches"

not that it was great advice, not the worst tho
>>
>>16714458

seriously, that dood need a car tho

fuck taking his ass everywhere all the time
>>
>>16714458
Pick me up from the mechanic's is a very specific request. Support me is vague.

This post is quite moronic tbqh.
>>
>>16714468
>fine, asshole. I'll call someone else for a ride
>>
>>16714390

This has always been a big difference in how men and women feel better about issues. In general, when it comes to venting, men do it when they want help with an issue. Women do it to relieve stress and bond, not to ask for help over an issue they already know how to resolve. You could be a brick wall for all she cares. She just wants someone to listen and make her feel like her and her issues matter.

>>16714458
This.
>>
>>16714458
Not OP but, great example, I find that so annoying but I didn't took notice that I do it too.
>>
I just learned this, it is called enabling. Offer what you want anyway. When she just wants to get overtly aggressive, tell her that you will drop her as a date if she continues acting that way.
>>
>>16714444
quad 4s check'd
dogs confirmed for being better companions than gfs
>>
>>16714471
>Support me is vague.
It's really not. It essentially means, "Be emotionally supportive." Hear them out and share in their suffering by saying things like, "Wow, that really sucks." and asking questions to get a better understanding of the situation.

It's like people have forgotten how to socialize.
>>
>>16714480
Also skanks are like that. Real ladies and kind and considerate to other human beings and not trying to put a freaking triangle on things. Are really cool people. Besides they are tired of the guys we hate. The fucking douchebags.
>>
>>16714471
>specific request in a specific concrete example of a situation
>general advice for what women generally want in an argument

do you really think there's an answer as to what all women specifically want you do do when they are complaining about something?

>>16714483
you forget we're speaking with autists. They're literally socially retarded. You gotta go slow.
>>
>>16714478
But it never helps? Its ok that we are different and all that but solving a problem will always be the best solution, both mentally and physically. Objectively it is the better way to deal with an issue.
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 200x195px
>listening to your gf bitch
>>
>>16714507
>But it never helps?
I said, "In general." I'm sure there are men and women out there that do the opposite, and personally, I keep my issues to myself because I know how to fix them and I don't need/want emotional support. But because I know how to help both types of people, I usually end up becoming the "Emotional Secretary" of my friends. Generally, guys want advice and don't want too much of the, "Oh, that sucks!" crap (because they don't need to be told that sucks, they just want advice). And the women generally know what they need to do to fix situations, they just need help gaining the will to do it by having someone talk out the situation and sharing feelings.

>Objectively it is the better way to deal with an issue.
Sure. But it's not always what the person is looking for. If you value them then being irritating, when you know that an answer isn't what they're looking for, really isn't conducive to keeping friends.
>>
>>16714525
Are you on drugs?
>>
>>16714535
>>16714537
>>16714542
>>16714550
>>16714554
You're just going on and on about things that are completely unrelated to the topic, and projecting your own situations on to the thread. Everything you say is completely irrelevant.
>>
>>16714390
Not irrelevant. I'm showing you what happens or could. Also Anon, show some peace.
>>
>>16714525
Did anyone really read all of this shit?
>>
>>16714554
Chris Chan is that you?
>>
>>16714589
Yes it is.
>>
>>16714390
never been able to wrap my head around this one honestly.

example:
>i have have chlamydia
>verbalize my woes
>aw that sucks, you poor thing
>now i feel better

vs

>i have have chlamydia
>take a one time dose of meds
>ok ill do that
>now i feel better

i will never understand how the former makes someone feel better. no solution, no progress, continued suffering.
>>
>>16714597
Go back to violin practice
>>
>>16714458
this example is retarded

"come pick me up" is the solution
"YOU NEED A NEW CAR" is not a solution

your example is the total opposite of the real life example. in the real world it would be:

>woman
"i cant get to work, I need a new car :("
>man
"well, I can give you a ride"
>woman
"jesus christ dont you ever just listen? i need a new car, support me and make me feel like my problems matter"
>man
"you... you dont want a solution to your immediate problem?"
>woman
"no, im good with being stranded and complaining about it to you and increasing your levels of stress as a result"

what youre getting at is that the man would try to explain that she's a lazy sack of shit that no-called/no-showed so many times at her last, good paying job that she got fired, and now she works at a shit place and thus cant afford to fix her car, and she already knows this but still feels shes entitled to complain about her woes even though she really isnt because she knows why she fucked up and chose to do nothing (good) about it.
>>
>>16714447

figuratively or literally?
>>
>>16715640
Literally.
>>
>>16715654

then don't sweat it too much. a guide like that is for guys who are truly mystified by most female behavior and are incapable of building an intuitive knowledge base with experience.

if your guy doesn't look for material like that to relate with you, then this kind of stuff likely doesnt apply.
>>
Only offer your opinion if you're asked to.
>>
>>16714390
You create shitty venting threads like this. Every. Single. Day. Think about one fucking second why you don't have a gf.
>>
>>16715003
Look man. A lot of people not only women need to vent first before their mind is clear enough to work on a solution.

>fuck i'm so goddamn mad I didn't make this year's football selection again.
>well you should've trained harder man and you could also work on your running skills.

Even if you are right. It is not what the person at that time needs. Let them vent be understanding and once a person has calmed down if they are feeling like it you can share some insight about what you think is a good way to deal with the situation wich could be anything not just my example. And sometimes people dont want advice so just comfort them and shut up afterwards.
>>
>>16714408
This.

Sometimes people just want to vent without you trying to fix their goddamn problems. It might be annoying to you, but too bad. In polite society, you just nod and say "that sucks, I'm sorry."

If it really bothers you that much, tell them to fuck off and enjoy getting them out of your life. But if you want any sort of relationship, you're going to have to put up with bullshit like this.
>>
Since when /adv/ turned into /r9k/?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.