[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is having multiple gfs/wives looked down upon in Western

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: landscape-1428413462-vs.jpg (111KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
landscape-1428413462-vs.jpg
111KB, 980x490px
Why is having multiple gfs/wives looked down upon in Western culture? What's the big deal?
>>
I don't look down on it but seems like too much work.
>>
>>16689470
Well for the main part, having multiple spouses isn't legal. I don't think most people give a fuck about what you do in your bedroom or personal life, so go ahead and have as many girlfriends as you want. Polyamory is a trending thing now.
>>
>>16689470
Western culture is shit

Half of them think Jesus was the foundation of American values
>>
All their bras are shit, especially if you have like D+ titties. Shame, some designs are cute.
>>
The monogamous are jealous babies and don't understand that people aren't property.
>>
>>16689476
It was the slaughter of 80 million Indians. Almost the same thing imo. Jesus was a psychopath, so he approves.
>>
The reduced prosperity of families for having to share (read: fight over) a single pool of resources.
>>
>>16689483
>people aren't property

They used to be

Those were the times

>tfw you will never fuck slave girls with Lucy Lawless while your friends watch
>>
>>16689470
I guess people in general are just conditioned to the idea of one person being someone else's number one. In my opinion, it's pretty nice having one person to share that kind of bond with. Then again I'm not some sex craved freak who needs to have sex all over the place with random people to feel satisfied physically or emotionally. But that's just me.
>>
>>16689498
No, I get it. They're hard to find, though. Haven't found a girl like that yet :/. Sucks imo. Oh well, the search continues.
>>
>>16689487

Cry more Running Horse, inferior genetics

We have come to your world in search of resources. Whether your actions drive us back or we take what we want and move on, the outcome is the same. We will depart from your wretched planet, leaving you behind. And in a thousand years, you will not have changed from this contact with another world. You will remain in your trees, hunting your prey, communing with your goddess, until your sun burns out and your world dies.
>>
>>16689503
Yeeeah it seems like men hold onto this ideal more than women do, which is weird because us men are the ones being called out for "only ever thinking about sex" and all that. Modern women hate romance, yo.
>>
File: 1447378133789.jpg (98KB, 702x800px) Image search: [Google]
1447378133789.jpg
98KB, 702x800px
i think the vast majority of people have a primal feeling to be exclusive with only one other soul.

so its hardwired but there are exceptions to every rule.
>>
File: 1273.gif (2MB, 245x253px) Image search: [Google]
1273.gif
2MB, 245x253px
>>16689511
>soul
>>
>>16689470
Having multiples husbands is well looking in the eastern culture too?
>>
>>16689470
because muh morality/religion/legal shit/etc etc etc.
personally, i believe polygyny is the way nature intended us to live. and i think its only a matter of time before polygamous marriage is legalized.
>>
Why are all of the tripfags here the worst? Even /a/ has a FEW likable ones.
>>
>>16689522
>i believe polygyny is the way nature intended us to live
There are animals that mate for life. The fact that humanity has evolved to call out your kind as freaks and deviants means you're the wrong ones as far as nature goes.
>Jesus: 1
>Atheists: Are you even trying?
>>
>>16689470
Because civilization is built on monogamy.
>>
>>16689530
>civilization began with Christianity

>>16689470
I think it has to do with gender. Multiple wives often meant ISIS-type mistreatment of women. Multiple husbands was a lot less common.
>>
>>16689557
>>16689470
>implying Christianity or the west invented monogamy

3/4ths of all of the nations are monogamous today. You think they are all Christian or western? You think China or Japan were ever Christian nations and that's why they have a monogamous culture and laws?

Monogamy is the norm for human cultures, especially the most current and advanced. The 25% of nations that are polygamous are almost entirely polygynous and African and/or Muslim.
>>
>>16689526
please stay on topic
>>
>>16689470
A nigga got his dick cut off when his wife found out he cheated. Basically having only one saves your mini-me the trouble.
>>
>>16689483
We can't all fuck dogs.
>>
>>16689487
I can't tell if this is serious or not.
It's like a bait thread from /his/
>>
>>16689528
It's not even a religion thing, moron. I'm atheist and monogamous.
>>
>>16689530
>civilization began with Christianity
You don't actually believe that, do you?
>>
>>16689661
Not my text, friend.
>>16689557
It is this fellow's.
>>
>>16689661
>Christianity is the only monogamous ideology/culture

You don't actually believe that, do you?
>>
>>16689653
Retard the atheist 0, christianity1 is an old meme, but yea op by enlarge most men married 1 person but a small amount of alpha males, mostly by status or money had more than one wives, even in muslim countries only a few have multiple wives
>>
DESU one-one relationships are inherently more stable than any others for a simple reason: time and resources are limited.

If you had unlimited time, resources and attention it wouldn't be that way, but when you have multiple concurrent girlfriends (as I have in the past) you're forced to split time between them. As a result those relationships have less depth to them, which makes them more easily broken.

I could see certain poly arrangement working out okay if and only if each person in the arrangement is interested/committed to each other person. Threeway seems possible, four and more seems likely to split into two/two situations, but of course this is all dependant on the person. One of the girls I used to date wanted an open relationship because she was a very private, solitary person and didn't want to put in an entire relationship's worth of effort into a relationship. So I spent whatever fraction of my time with her (~33%) and the rest dating other women.

Which would be VERY hard when children come into play.

And then there's the question of default inheritance rules in complex social arrangements... hard to do. I don't see polyamory being legalized due to this problem.
>>
>>16689671
My bad. Quoted the wrong post.

>>16689672
No, I don't. What are you getting at?
>>
File: 1363220850766.png (41KB, 201x206px) Image search: [Google]
1363220850766.png
41KB, 201x206px
>>16689642
>>16689483
>we can't all fuck dogs
>>
>>16689528
there are also many animal species that are polygynous. as a matter of fact, the vast majority are. there have been (and still are) many human cultures that practice polygyny, and even a few that practiced polyandry. the fact that so many people still think that "calling out" the actions of others even though they are not affecting you or causing harm to anyone means youve got a lot to learn.

>mentally ill adults with imaginary friends:0
>science, logic, and common sense:1
>>
>>16689690
> As a result those relationships have less depth to them, which makes them more easily broken.
mongamous relations dont have a great track record as of late. source: divorce rate statistics, most threads on /adv/
>>
>>16689707
>divorce rates
Have been declining since the 80s and are manipulated and overblown in many instances to make them seem worse (ex. Including all second, third, ect. marriages in stats)

>/adv/
Are you really going to use a 4chan board specifically for personal problems as an accurate depiction of societal norms?
>>
File: tumblr_n9x0n0ksiV1rmerh9o1_500.jpg (35KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9x0n0ksiV1rmerh9o1_500.jpg
35KB, 460x345px
>>16689470
Have you been married? One is too many.
>>
>>16689707
The divorce rate that you're talking about is very misleading and /adv/ is not a good indicator of anything.
>>
>>16689707
first, I was talking relatively, not absolutely. Even with a supposedly declining rate (as others point out, that's not necessarily true), I would posit that monogamous relationships are more stable than poly ones, although if you have stats saying otherwise, I'll look at them.

Also, "marriage" is different than "monogamous relationship" (although marriages might be even more stable still)
>>
>>16689653
Hi newfag. Lurk before you post, buddy.
>>
>>16689470
Because the inferior cultures practiced it and we don't want to end up like them, more so .
>>
>>16689738
i would agree that most poly relationships are much more unstable than their monogamous counterparts, but i speculate that it is due to immature people participating in them. that being said, i have seen most monogamous relationships of my own and of those around me actively hinder many aspects of their participants lives, both during and after. i know very few couples (married or not) that have actually stayed together long term, my parents being one of them. it can definitely work with the right people, but the same can be said for poly relationships. i would also like to clarify that i only support polygyny. with mature, emotionally stable people involved, and with all parties on board and on the same page, a very large and healthy family unit can result. with 3+ adults earning income, you can make things pretty comfy at home. and there will always be someone available for childcare, eliminating the need/expense for others to look after your children. polyamory and polyandry are degenerate and illogical in my opinion.
>>
It's not stable.

1. Because women are hypergamous, a relatively small handful of men get all of the women, to the exclusion of all other men.

2. That small handful of men start taking younger and younger wives until the 11-12 year old girls are being raped and forced into marriage.

3. Most sons get run out of the community.

4. Sexless, angry sons form criminal bands and rape and pillage.

5. Everyone dies, those who do not learn from their mistakes and you start over again with forced monogamy.

May as well save everyone the trouble and just stick with monogamy.
>>
>>16689757
>calls me out on being an idiot
>damage control
>better call him a newfag
>I'm only pretending to be retarded
>>
Why is having multiple husbands looked down on in western culture? What's the big deal?

Reminder men only get one orgasm, but women can multiple orgasm and go for hours. Polyandry is the only logical solution.
>>
Monogamy sucks. I personally love fresh new pussy, and that's it. I have a human level connection with my girlfriends, and I like to fuck other girls.

Call me shallow or lacking in moral fiber.... I don't care. I want to fuck as many women as possible and hoard the good ones to myself. I love sleeping in a bed with 4 other naked women.
>>
>>16689824
>women can have multiple orgasms
>only logical conclusion is that they are designed to have trains ran on them
>>
>>16689730
Divorce rates are actually the most accurate statistics. Anything involving marriage is actualy the most accurate data in any field of study, because you have to file with the government when you marry or divorce.

Most common times of divorces : After 2 years of marriage. It takes 1 year to truly fully know a person.

Second place: The 20 year mark. Kids are other of the house and all they have is each other to truly notice how much they don't like each other.

After marriage and divorce, each new divorce over multiple times increases the chances of divorce. 4th marriage is like 80%

53% of marriages end in divorce.
>>
>>16689470
After 20 years of supposed monogamy my wife's BFF moved in with us temporarily after she had a bad divorce. After a couple of years it's like having a second wife and it works very well.

It's looking increasingly likely it's going to move to a sexual relationship too. The wife and bff have both made recent comments about it that makes me think it's going to happen soon.

I think polyamory can work if there's a lifestyle or other purpose that complements it. Hopefully I'll find out.
>>
>>16689843

It is logical. A man finishes in 3 minutes. A woman finishes in 30. The only solution is ten husbands per woman. Or five if they go twice.
>>
I know a guy with 2 wives. They are all super happy and it works great for them. People should be able to do what works for them.
>>
>>16689844
>Divorce rates ate actually the most accurate statistics
That is very false.

the divorce rate is 50%, but that doesn't mean 50% of people get divorced.
People get married and remarried, and that skews the statistics. A lifelong partnership only enters the statistics once, but a divorce can enter several times. Also, that 50% number is comparing he number of marriages in a single year to the number of divorces THAT SAME YEAR
not the number of those marriages that end in divorce.
The number of divorces per year have been going down, but there's no way to know when they got married, so it's hard to say how many end in divorce
the average divorce happens 8 years into a marriage, and in 2006 there were 2.2 million marriages and 8 years later, there were 800,000 divorces.
Which means that, if ALL of those divorces were from 2006 marriages, it would be 36%
but we know plenty of them were not (in all likelihood, less than half) so that means that around 82% of marriages in 2006 made it through the most likely year of divorce.
>>
I feel that we'll inevitably move that way, but there will be resistance at first.
>>
>>16689470
What makes you think you can handle multiple women at once?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.