[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (25KB, 558x372px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 558x372px
I'll try to keep this as brief as possible:
I'm a 23yo male NEET (in the literal sense) and I have decided that I'll try to either get my life back on track or an hero.
- no qualifications whatsoever aside from a mediocre Abitur (German highschool diploma)
- no income (living with parents, though not in the basement)

I've never posted on /adv/, so I'm just hoping for some general advice or talking to someone in a similar situation. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>16680761
Get a job where you have to be around people. This will improve your social skills and you'll gain confidence from having a steady income. Don't give up, even when it's painful, as pain is what causes us to grow.
>>
>>16680788
Not trying to be an asshole but how do I get a job without any qualifications? I did some english tutoring last year but that payed like 100€/month.

I mean I guess I could work at McDonald's but with that kind of income I can't even pay rent...
>>
>>16680809
Nursing homes and places like that don't require any qualifications. Working with mentally handicapped people, in tech stores, whatever. Be hygienic and practice being authentic and likable in the mirror before you go.
>>
>>16680809
Plus if you get experience working at McDonald's you can use that experience to get a better job. Make a good impression on your boss and apply for other better customer service jobs and user your boss as a reference. Low income is better than no income. You have to work yourself up.
>>
>>16680856
>>16680861
Okay, thanks for the advice.
Until now I mostly thought about applying for college BA. I realize 23 is pretty late but not unheard of right?
I have a few thousand € on my bank account and with a mini job that should last me at least a year (college is basically free in Germany)
>>
bamp
>>
>>16681022
Nein danke Siegfried.

I'm not a violent person. I don't think I could beat up somebody even if I wanted to.

Also please take this to /pol/ or the /b/ Deutschlandfaden they love this kind of shit.
>>
>>16680898
23 isn't late at all, at least not where I live (in Europe). We have 40 and 50 year olds in some of my classes.
>>
>>16680898
But seriously though, it's never too late.

Not everyone has a smooth ride in, in fact I think a lot of people don't. What you need to do is figure out what you truly want to do with your life, then pursue that will all your being.

Being a german citizen, you are afforded a safety net not seen in a lot of other states, you CAN in fact try and fail in higher education, your career and so on. Cherish this opportunity and take it, to find out who you truly are and what you are meant to do.
>>
>>16680761
I was in a worse position than you. I started NEET life at age 13, had literally no grades or anything.

I was a NEET until 23 I think it was. I started as an intern(kind of) then at a tech store.

That's a good way to get hired, it's super annoying, I'm not sure about the well fare system in Germany but I got a little money from it. In the end I wasn't hired because the store focused heavily on customer service and I wasn't social enough at the time.

After that I used the money I had to travel a bit, I went to Italy, Greece and Spain. After I got back I decided being poor sucks and that I need to get an education, so I went back to school. I got myself a highschool diploma with a focus on IT.

After the studies finished I went to my local employment agency again and described to them the situation I'm in and my past experience (basically just that store job) and was shortly offered to work as an intern for 1 month at a supermarket, to see if I was any good.

I accepted it because I HATE applying for jobs, I'd get absolutely minimal wage during that time but it was only 1 month to prove myself. I still cant conjure up a fake smile all the time but I'm polite af and do my best to small talk with the customers. anyway that was almost 2 months ago and I'm now hired and making pretty sick money and I'm studying again but this time at a university.
It's killing me having no free time but I keep myself busy and don't have much time for bullshit thoughts and push myself to be on time for work and keep up with the studies.

Also never thought about suicide as I think it's a pathetic way to go. Just man up and fix your shit. If I can, then so can you.

I'm 26 now and I still live with my mom. I can easily afford my own place but she doesn't want rent money and I don't have a girlfriend (STAY AWAY FROM THEM! They complicate things.. Get yourself in order first.) so I'm good. Will move out later and share an apartment with a friend this summer.
>>
>>16681092
Where do you live? I've always been under the impression that if you hit a certain age it becomes incredibly hard to even get work.
Germany recently cut highschool from 13 to 12 years and I belong to the last 13 year batch so people my own age are now 5 years ahed of me. I know this is my own fault but it's still discouraging.

>>16681103
Thanks man.
>>
>>16681190
That's pretty awesome anon, good for you.

>I'm 26 and still live with my mom.
Most of all I'm terrified that my parents will throw me out / our relationship will be ruined. They don't know I'm full NEET but for severeal reasons they'll inevitably find out in a few weeks.
They've supported me all my life and I feel like I've betrayed them. That sounds totally dramatic I know but that's really how I feel.
Did your parents know you were a NEET? How did they feel about it?
>>
>>16680856
>Nursing homes and places like that don't require any qualifications

That's not true at all. I can't imagine this being the case anywhere in the EU...
>>
>>16681252
Yeah, my mom knew. She was involved in the reasons I closed myself in when I was around 13 years old, no one did anything to help me. Both my parents just gave up but couldnt bring themselves to kick me out either because they contributed to it happening.

I've always been honest with my mom, I'm not sure about your parents but if you genuinely try to look for a job or sign up for classes and show some effort and will to improve then they probably will continue supporting you.

Being honest about important things like this is usually important, just try to get a ball rolling before they find out or if they're the forgiving/supporting types then tell them if you think they'll not react negatively. Them finding out first while you've got nothing going on will just suck, even if they're super nice.
>>
>>16681443
it actually is unless they've got a special medical condition that requires a licensed professional. your regular handicapped person that just needs assistance with daily chores and getting their asses wiped requires no qualification
>>
>>16681443
Completely depends on the specific position.
>>
>>16681508
>>16681838
I stand corrected. Will look into it.
>>
>>16680761

moin moin

Find out what you like and just study it at uni.
When I was 19 I hit rock bottom as well not knowing what to do with my life after Abitur. I then set on my ass for 2 years playing vidya all day, drinking pretty much every night.

There's no magic formula to this. I just decided that I can't go on like this and started uni. I am now in my 3rd semester and doing way better.
I'm still single and life isn't perfect, but adding a purpose to my life has helped me a lot.
I also started playing in a band again which has been awesome for going to different cities and meeting people.

Also, please don't worry about being to old for Uni. You mentioned the shortening of Abitur in Germany and all the 18 year olds are annoying. They treat the lecturers (all of whom have at least a PhD) and Professors like fucking Kindergarten teachers. Every single person I met at uni and get along with well is older and a bit more mature.

Long answer, if you got any questions fire away.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.