[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got scammed. I sold a camera lens through marktplaats (Dutch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (2MB, 5760x3840px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 5760x3840px
I got scammed. I sold a camera lens through marktplaats (Dutch craigslist) and the money never arrived. We met in person and I saw him complete the transfer with his iPhone app but three days later the money hasn't gone through: €1500

It was my girlfriend's camera lens and probably her only valuable possession. We are low on money hence me trying to sell it.

I feel so violated and stupid and trying to stave of panic attacks. I've reported it to the guy's bank, I have his name and a photo of his driver's license and will make a police report later today.

I found his Facebook and made a fake profile m, first friending his friends and then him, but he hasn't bitten yet. The number he used to call is now straight to voicemail.

What is there left to do? Do I try and track him down where I think he lives? I don't actually have that info and his online presence is incredibly minimal. I'm just looking for something that can be done.
>>
Pretysure you can call/contact marktplaats and tell them what happened. If youve made the transaction thru there, they should enforce the payment and/or compensate you atleast
>>
>>16680090
He said it likes Craigslist which means nothing posted on there could be free in theirs eyes and said met in person to pay so that means the websites doesn't enforce anything
>>
>>16680108
Then the payment company.
>>
>>16680084
>report it stolen
>>
Report it stolen, he didn't play by the rules so neither do you
He stole your possession, if questioned and he says "he gave it to me willingly!!1" there is obviously no record of payment
Treat it as if he ran up to you and grabbed it out of your hand
>>
>>16680117
this is probably the best thing to do. police will wonder why you waited this long. Tell the police the truth as lying about anything will make them dismiss your case
>>
Go to the police first.
If nothing has been done within a week, start contacting and harassing his friends and family, be honest, this dude stole shit from you, you want it back, you are poor and it was your most valuable possession. Some of his friends may laugh, others may feel sorry for you. Get his address through these ones, literally make his life a living hell so every day he meets one of his friends they turn to him and say "Hey some weird guy contacted me somehow and mentioned you stole something from them, is it true anon?" This shit will fuck with him don't let up and make sure he is always reminded that some crazy over obsessed mother fucker is after that camera lens or the money.
Of course if you do find his home/car then you know what to do, seeing as you have his number plate finding his car may be easier than finding his home, either way you find his car you find his home.

Know what city he lives in? Pin up his facebook photo's with "Watch your kids, pedophile on the loose". Completely fuck with this guy until his begging you to stop.

Oh and next time make sure you have the money, anyone can pull up a fake application that pretends to transfer money. Ask for it in cash and make sure the cash is real, if they insist they do it through a bank, go in with them and have them withdraw/transfer the money from their account to yours with the teller or on the ATM, check your bank account for the money after this, and withdraw it.
>>
>>16680128
Don't do any of those things except for retaining that last bit of information about the fake app.
All those things probably won't get your item back and will just result in you getting in trouble for harassing him and for defamation.
Good luck op!!
>>
>>16680139
I guess it depends on the situation, but from experience when the police are not bothered about the crime, harassing is the only thing you can do without crossing the "prison time" line. You most likely won't be reported as the guy stole your shit, your police report is already there and the case will be looked into if an harassment report about this situation is brought up. So if they give into the harassment you get your shit, and if they don't, the police will be forced to take your report more seriously.

And hell what feels better than ruining this guys life 5 years after he wasted your 1.5k on stupid shit, just to remind him his dead the next time you find him.
>>
Don't let people fuck with you, try to be civil, if he dosnt have your information, fuck his shit up, I he does have your information, police, report stolen. But make sure you PRESS it, don't fuck around and wait a week, keep nagging and pressing the issue
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_swivbEsD50
What the fuck are they saying OP
>>
>>16680139
>>16680149

Yes, of course I don't want to cross the line into illegal activity, but this kid, he is only 19, probably doesn't recognize the pain he has inflicted with his fraud. Perhaps throwing it in his face will be the most effective technique.

I fear that the police won't do much of anything, it's kinda rare that they will.
>>
>>16680186
It's a long shot, but find his parents through facebook?
Explaining your situation to them may get your shit back, he is still a kid and if his parents are decent people they'l most likely give him a spanking and send him to his room, give you back your shit and apologize for their stupid son. It's a long shot but running to an adult really does work at times. You just have to hope his parents are adults.
>>
You know his address?

Anyway contact marktplaats, police. Always be extremely careful on marktplaats don't send anything before you have your money or with transfers with that much money do it in person.

And as a lawfag i can say this you have a agreement and he hasn't payed you.

http://maria_louise91.infoteur.nl/specials/wanprestatie.html
>>
>>16680185
leave that song in 2015 please.

If your bitch wants to chill then that's no problem i'l come to her i won't be alone because i have booze and drugs
>>
Made an appointment with the police to make a report tonight. It's apparently a specific category of fraud which they call in Dutch "Verduistering", literally means 'to make dark'.

The camera lens serial number is now tagged so if anybody uses the lens and uploads a photo it will be flagged.

I talked to a facebook friend of his through my fake profile already who vaguely knows him and was willing to help out but didn't have more info. He did give me an old street address and was willing to help more but wasn't seemingly able to.

I've called the camera stores around the city in which he lives but none make those kinds of purchases.

Any other creative ideas?
>>
>>16680367
Go to google maps and check out the street address, look for his car, you won't see the plates but you may recognize the model or color.
If it's there then you know it won't be a wasted trip.

The cops seem to have this pretty much, i'd say you are good.

Keep contacting his friends/family for more information. Hell if this guy is a sneaky fucker his friends probably are aswell, offer one a reward if they get it back for you, of course this reward will be fuck all, but don't tell them that.
>>
>>16680084

Get as much info as you can about this guy.
Case his house for 2 weeks. Observe at all different times of day- morning, noon, night. On days where no one is home, RIng the doorbell. Call out his name, look into the windows. His neighbors will think you are a friend/relative.

When the time is right, break into his house, steal a bunch of valuable shit, trash his room. I've been burglarized before, police don't do shit. It's not their job to go find stolen laptops and money.

Also, he can't accuse you because that would bring to light that he stole from you. Chances are he steals from a lot of people.
>>
>>16680424
Tempting, but I am not sure how I am going to get his actual home address. I'm just going have to try and get as much info though. Won't police know it's me so I am making a report.
>>
>>16680084
Who is this fluid druid?
>>
>>16680497
Isn't doxxing against the rules? I can definitely have the ability to provide his info though.
>>
>>16680415
>Keep contacting his friends/family for more information. Hell if this guy is a sneaky fucker his friends probably are aswell, offer one a reward if they get it back for you, of course this reward will be fuck all, but don't tell them that.

I think I got someone who seems interested. He has said already "looks like you got fucked" and "such is life" but said he would might be interested to get it back for me.

How do you propose I do that without actually giving this fuckhead a reward?
>>
>>16680540
So far one of his possible friends has said he doesn't want anything to do with this but he'll try and see what's up. I guess that's promising. Hopefully his community will give him shit for it.
>>
>>16680117

>he didn't play by the rules, neither will you.
>Pretend like he grabbed it.

Except, by going to the police, OP is playing exactly by the rules. There is typically a law for this exact sort of situation, it's called fraud.

In fact, telling the police "He took it out of my hand" when that didn't actually happen can severely fuck you.
>>
>>16680689
No need to do that anyway. I am going to tell police exactly what happend and it is already a crime. I just hope that a visit from them will scare him straight.
>>
>selling things online
>trusting other people
>not only using cash

you deserved it, it not that hard. All you have to put is cash only. If someone offers something other than cash tell them sure and where to meet then never show up and if they call you angry just say 'cash only nigger'
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.