[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>me a freshmen in college >take an engineering course because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: cramming-for-test.jpg (57KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
cramming-for-test.jpg
57KB, 400x267px
>me a freshmen in college
>take an engineering course because i'd like to
>worth
>having a problem to understand every lessons per session
>study.jpg
>fail.jpg
>give me some advice/adv/.
>>
Don't do engineering
>>
>>16680056
b-but i liked it.
>>
>>16680067
Which field. Which uni
>>
>>16680067
Just because you like it doesn't mean you're cut out for it. If you're failing your first classes, how do you expect to make it through until the end of your degree? Let alone get a decent job
>>
>>16680067
Yeah an I like space doesn't mean I'm gonna get to walk on the moon
>>
Ignore the troll posts.
How come you cant follow classes, dont have the prequisite knowledge? Shitty hs? My suggestion is that you learn how to study. Pick up uni books they sell at ur uni and start readin. Usually the assistants have a website with all sorts of materials including a pdf that has solved equasions, step by step.
After doiing that for a bit, youll be able to follow the actual lectures
>>
>>16680103
>troll posts
Because telling someone that maybe they're not cut out for a course is trolling. Not everyone can be a lawyer, or a doctor, or a rocket scientist, you know.
>>
>>16680107
Theres a ton of fucking retarded lawyers, etc...
College is about being able to sit down and study, pretymuch everyone has a good shot.
Problem is most people are lost, its a shock comming from hs. Learning how to study is important. No one is born with knowledge
>>
>>16680113
There are some things that are inherently required in college. A certain level of intelligence and a certain way of thinking for different courses. OP seems to have the former and seems to know how to do well in his other courses, it's just the engineering course he's had trouble with. That indicates that the problem is that he's just not able to think in a way that's required for engineering and therefore isn't cut out for engineering. Sure, he can train his brain to think differently, but that takes time (literally years, depending on the circumstances), and he doesn't have the time required.
>>
>>16680107
>maybe they're not cut out for a course is trolling.

It's one thing to not be passionate about something it's another to say that they're not "cut out for it." I believe that if someone truly wants to learn about computers, electricity or whatever engineering course OP is taking they'll be able to get there eventually but it needs commitment on his part. He's simply not putting in the work/effort required is my guess.

OP, if you're failing beginner classes then it's possible that you have a poor foundation in stuff. I'm sure your campus/school has a learning center or you can just email your professors questions regarding topics you don't understand. Oh and here's one tip I'll give you from my college days, never wait last minute to study for an engineering course exam. You will literally fail 100% of the time, cause it's all about practice and what actually makes you pass is the stuff you do *outside* of class. Going to every lecture and seeing a prof read off slides won't teach you anything.

So just take the initiative, you're still a freshman so you've got time to steady the ship before you jump into the really hard stuff. Realize that you'll be the biggest dork on campus and that while the English majors are partying on Saturday you'll be struggling to finish a homework set, if that's too hard switch your major to something else.
>>
>>16680070
Computer,my school is not university but institutional but ABET accredited.
>>16680103
Obviously not a troll :( , but your advice may be very useful thanks :D.
>>16680071
I'm just a man that never give up on his dreams from a serious problems.
>>16680113
Not tons just some, anyway thank you for your advice.
>>16680075
So the solution is to float to space just to reach it ?
>>16680121
>>16680127
Both anons did a great advice thank you anons

We know that some of us that engineering is very hard but if i do my best i can overcome this thing thank you anons.

/thread
>>
>>16680337
Nah, some people realistically can't overcome things. By thay I mean it would take them longer than their lifetime (if we're being pragmatic about it and assuming one can't go full autist and nrglect every area of their life).
OP look, I thought I liked bio. Turns out I just said it because it made me feel good, a soft ego stroke. Make sure you genuinely like engineering (would you do it if paid peanuts?). Also make sure you find out why you're struggling because school only gets harder.

Also ty for curve.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.