[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEET and Shut-In Advice Thread (Version 124) Your Balcony is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: NEETthreadPic0102.jpg (86KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
NEETthreadPic0102.jpg
86KB, 400x299px
Welcome to the NEET and Shut-in advice thread!
(Version 124, running since Oct. 31st, 2013)
REMINDER: This isn't >>>/r9k/ or wizardchan

Happy New Year NEETs and shut-ins! It's not too late to make this year the year you do the thing!

Drop out of school due to anxiety? Haven't left the house in a few years? Maybe you have a job, but don't leave the house or talk to people for any reason outside of it? Finding a job sure is hard these days.

The best time to change your life was 5 years ago. But the good news is, the second best time is right now!

>NEETmap (don't forget your contact info)
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1663835

>Chat
http://chat.mibbit.com/#[email protected]

>IRC help:
http://pastebin.com/Pi8EqVaX

>Conversation Starters and Past Topics:
http://pastebin.com/KFe5MQE2

>Helpful Links and Resources:
http://pastebin.com/ygPwDUk4
>>
Sup op
>>
Didn't see one, thought I'd be useful?
>>
>>16679660
Meh, depressed around the edges but at least found a new tea flavour.
How are you?
>>
>>16679666
nice
>>
>>16679652
Don't know, but thought someone else might get something out of these:
http://www.ldonline.org/article/6311
http://www.additudemag.com/adhd/article/7051.html
http://www.schoolbehavior.com/disorders/executive-dysfunction/overview-of-executive-dysfunction/
>>
>>16679688
I'm an idiot, forgot this one.
http://developingchild.harvard.edu/science/key-concepts/executive-function/
>>
I just applied to uni last night.
I have a 1.5 GPA so my luck is probably shot, but i'd like to graduate with a bachelors degree still.
>>
File: 1452128351089.jpg (99KB, 744x1052px) Image search: [Google]
1452128351089.jpg
99KB, 744x1052px
>>16679652
This thread is fake and gay
>>
Anyone got a job yet?
>>
>>16680700
Yes...but I've had it for 2+ years. It was supposed to be something temporary till I got a better job, you know, an actual career with a liveable pay. I think I might be stuck as a wageslave for some time. Wouldn't have been so bad if had people to talk to.
>>
We had almost a week without one of these threads, se where doing well. What happened? It's back to square one now
>>
Posted here about about year ago. I was homeless then went to rehab. Found a job after I got out and lived in a halfway welding. Just me and the owner. Started well be he ended up being bi polar or something. Got a job at Walgreens. I've had to move about 5 times in the last year.

I'm unhappy with my job. Pay is 8 50. I got kind of addicted to kratom and finally am kicking it.

I was seeing two different women who would pick Me up from my halfway house, one 19 one 45. Only the 45 yo put out also she bought c me dinner and.paid for hotel rooms every Friday night. Both those relationships failed and now I get no pussy or even potential pussy.

Fml
>>
>>16682159
I'm also poor. No car. Ride bike 10 miles to and from work.

I feel like I'll never own anything or have a comfortable life.
>>
>>16679666
What kind of tea? I just discovered a pretty delicious vanilla chai. It makes fasting bearable.
>>
>>16680700
Applying for a job at a nearby grocery store tomorrow. I really hope I get it, since it's literally across the street from my apartment.

Good luck to any other anons trying to do the same!
>>
>>16682003
>what happened?

I guess most of the heavy lifting was done by the crush and 30 yo virgin threads.
>>
Completed one part of the ged. Got honors too and didn't even study. I was nervous (felt like puking all morning) with it being the first time taking a test in so long, but once I got there it was a very relaxed setting, and I didn't have trouble focusing like I thought I would.

The math is supposed to be the hard part though, and I'm stuck on khan academy.
>>
there is no such thing as can't! there is only faggots who will try to get in your way.
>>
File: 1436760166284.gif (818KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1436760166284.gif
818KB, 500x281px
>>16680700
Had an interview and the induction, will post minor NEET success story following first shift.
>>
File: cat-breading-tutorial-004.jpg (473KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
cat-breading-tutorial-004.jpg
473KB, 640x480px
Hello, fellow NEET here.

I just got kicked out of my parents house. What do I do? I'm clueless right now. I'm at a friends place right now; but I really don't want to be freeloading here.

I have literally no skills and I've been a NEET for three and a half years now. I feel like I am completely fucked right now
>>
>>16683663
Probably if it's an option you could go back at your parents with a new outlook on life. Show them you are serious about becoming a functioning member of society.
>>
>>16683663
Fast food.
>>
Dogonnit I closed my post window.

It was longer than it needed to be anyway, with personal story no one cares about.

Just wanted to thank those of you who offer advice here to the neets in need.
>>
>>16683679
The thing is, I feel like if I were to do that they wouldn't really understand. They think all I do is jack shit at home because I'm stuck in my room all day. They don't understand that my anxiety is bad up to the point where I can't even communicate with my family unless I desperately need something from them. I recently got an interview about a month ago, so it's not like I'm not trying to do something with my life.

Perhaps I'm not trying enough, or I'm just unlucky. I don't even know anymore.
>>
Who here is in pain? I have terrible heartburn after having the shittyest pizza last night
>>
>>16683717

You need a job bro, just apply for everything.
>>
>>16683692
you are welcome. (i never did any of those things)
>>16683717
they understand, they just dont care. thing is loving you is hard op, you make it hard with the way you live your life. I understand feeling pain, they do to but nobody could understand doing nothing about it for so long. You should start trying right now because they are trying to distance themselves from you so it isnt as hard for them anymore
>>
>>16683663
Get on NEETbux if you're not already, find out what kind of social housing your country provides too.
>>
>>16683770
I don't really understand the process of getting on NEETbux. Don't you need to have had prior job experience and unemployment or a mental disorder?
>>
>>16683770
How do you get neetbux in the USA?
>>
>>16680700
Applied to a pottery store last Thursday. I'm kinda scared to go in and ask if they looked at my resume. What should I say?
>>
>>16683885
Calling them is easier than walking in
>>
>>16683894
I actually hate calls more than personal one on ones. But a call might not hurt.
Do I tell them I was was just curious about if they've seen my resume and leave it at that?
>>
>>16683873
>>16683663
>>16683770

This is what I am wondering as well.

I've actually been reading up on this and my state requires you to either have had prior job experience for a certain period of time, or to be currently taking care of someone under the age of 18.

So I'm pretty much fucked.
>>
>>16683692

I'm interested in hearing your story if you don't mind retelling it.
>>
>>16683692
I'm interested too
How did any of us help you?

I know if i didnt have this place ( and the thread was dead for 3 days so I went to /pol/) I wouldnt have much of a vent.
Mostly everything good in my life I can do myself, I recognized this and took steps.
>>
>>16685206
>went to /pol/

Why?
>>
i got a new ac, im freezing my ass while outside is hell.
Anyone want to come check it out?
>>
>>16679666
I need to know more about this tea.

>>16680364
You mean like your boipussy?

>>16682003
Didn't see the demand. Usually only repost when the catalog has 3+ hits for NEET in the OP.

>>16682159
Why would you even be having sex if you couldn't afford the inevitable child?

>>16682996
Congrats. Math is one of those things where you can be completely lost until your second or third pass on a subject. You might want to try looking at the next level of mathematics for a while and then come back. Trig really helped me with geometry even though that's not the order they're generally taught in.

>>16683719
Sleep on your left side. It'll help prevent damage to your esophagus.

>>16683903
Pretty much. Anything along the lines of
>"Hello, I'm _______ and was looking to check on the status of the application I submitted on _____."
will work.

>>16685284
>>16685206
Seriously. The /soc/ shut-in thread is better than /pol/.

>>16685521
M-maybe.
>not sure if he wants his ac or his ass checked out
>>
Is it me or are there more lipstick lesbians around? Nothing quite like the feeling that even girls are bedding more girls than you.
>>
I was a NEET for a couple of years. I went back to school, graduated, and then my problems started again. I found some temp jobs, and that started me on bouncing from job to job. And now I am in the middle of a long dry spell. Then today something pretty awful happened, the short version of the story is that the potential employer called me a moron. Now I would like nothing more than to go back to being a NEET. Then that brought back the suicidal thoughts. I don't want to eat, or sleep, and all I want to do is watch anime and shit post on 4chan. The thought of having to face any more rejection or awkward interviews is freaking me out. I feel like I am not good enough for anything and that I'm too stupid and too much of a fuck up to do anything right. I guess I should just give up now. I don't care anymore. All the choices I make are stupid anyway.
>>
I'm one subject away from finally getting my ged. And I got a teacher to teach it to me starting Monday. Please motivate me to study, this would get my family off my back for a while and the neet cash stream would flow with more force
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.