[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Instruments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: OMisZDg.jpg (251KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
OMisZDg.jpg
251KB, 1920x1080px
Which of these instruments is more advantageous for me to learn long term?

Piano, Guitar, or Violin
>>
Piano and guitar
>>
>>16654222
Guitar. Pianos take up too much space and violins are limited in what you can play.
>>
>>16654222
Guitar and Piano

It's my personal belief that once you've learned one stringed instrument, you can play them all.
>>
>>16654222
Guitar/Violin. Piano if you have the space.
>>
>>16654227
You couldn't be more stupid if you tried.
>>
>>16654222

Advantageous how? Learn how to ask a fucking question.
>>
Piano. More places have pianos than guitars.
>>
>>16654222
Guitar. You can take it anywhere and everyone knows and enjoys guitar.

While Violins are cool...alot of people are just plain annoyed by a violin. Pianos are excellent but you cannot take them everywhere and theyre expensive.
>>
>>16654280

this. not sure sure what OP means by advantageous but htis makes sense. for the most part violin can be annoying cuz its really not meant to be played alone, its hte kind of instrument that only works with others.
>>
Personally I've always preferred piano but I took up guitar because it is versatile, simple, sounds good, stylish etc. There's a reason it's the most popular instrument in western music
>>
I know a girl who plays flute very well. She's also good at replacing wheels. Another girl plays her guitar pretty well too. Talented individuals.
>>
Learn guitar and some music theory, then think about spending the substantial amount of money needed for a good violin or piano. Pianos are obviously more expensive, so try a guitar plus keyboard combo to keep things interesting.
>>
>>16654222
Just start playing something. If you can learn how to plan one instrument, u can learn how to play any instrument. I learned music just by fucking around in my spare time over a year or so
>>
>>16654222
From a purely theoretical perspective piano is the most advantageous - if you can play the piano fluently you'll be able to pick up the guitar and violin more easily than if you were to start with one of the others and move to piano.

Also an electronic keyboard isn't *that* big and hard to transport, sheesh.

However, for some reason, being able to bash three chords on a guitar is more valuable socially, so if your goal is to impress people guitar is more advantageous.

Violin has neither of these benefits, and all of their disadvantages. It's really only an instrument to learn if you're looking to join an orchestra, or if you already have an in with a band where you can use it as a gimmick instrument (like folk rock).
>>
File: 17star.jpg (126KB, 753x1060px) Image search: [Google]
17star.jpg
126KB, 753x1060px
Learning piano will really help you with music theory and understanding music in general. I think it makes understanding the other instruments easier if you move on to guitar or violin.

Personally I'd learn piano a bit so you get some musical fundamentals at least, then move on to guitar, keeping piano if you're still into that. Violin is a little more specific, but if you want to, go for it too.
>>
I would say piano just because it's somewhat easy to learn, and then once you learn that it's easier to switch to other instruments with similar chords. Least that's what I was told in music class.

The hardest thing for me was learning sheet music.
>>
>>16654222
Everyone douchebag and his brother plays guitar.

pick up piano, or at least violin.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.