[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting over someone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
hey guys

got out of a long term very serious relationship a week or two back and it feels... bad.

How do I stop thinking about her? I'm going along my day fine, everything fine, then I see some stupid fucking show and I think 'Oh I'll record it and I can watch it with amy' and then it's a solid hour of being sad.

Getting tired of this shit. First girlfriend, we met when we were young, not so young anymore...
>>
gonna be a long and hard road. nothing you do is going to stop you thinking about her. you gotta just think your thoughts and feel your feelings, all the way through. with time you will become accustomed to it and it will not hurt as much. talk about it, write about it, express and feel. endure, and enduring, grow strong. good luck.
>>
>>16643565

so there's no magic instant cure huh?
>>
>>16643543
Time.

I'm not going to bother trying to deceive you. Time is all that will help, and you will never be the same.

Distractions can help, but it is temporary.
>>
Keep yourself busy and make sure you don't contact her.
I was fucking miserable when I broke up with a girl I had been dating/engaged to for 5 years. I didn't start getting better until I started occupying my free time with work and junk. Now I work in a busy pharmacy and I literally don't even time to sit and sulk. 3 months into that and now I'm fine emotionally.
>>
You dont stop thinking about them, you just replace the feleing of love you had for them with something else until they no longer are the main focus. You need to fidn a positive outlet for your pain so you do not sit and mope everytime the thought of her surfaces
New hobbies are best learned now, every bit of pain you feel push it towards working on something that makes you a better person. Learn a language, work out, pick up a sport or craft. you may think right now you are incapable of anything without her but the more you push yourself the better you will feel. I wish you the best.

You will ignore any advice in this thread for a while but read each response and maybe later it will hit you.
>>
>>16643571
Nope. Sorry.
>>
>>16643571
Of course not, why do you think there are so many breakup songs? If anybody ever discovered a quick way to get over a breakup everyone would know about it.
>>
>>16643600
>>16643590

I've been keeping busy. 90 hour work weeks. Work, actually, feels you know, a lot more rewarding, when I make a dollar, and I keep a dollar, instead of make a dollar and some whore spends 90 cents of it on some stupid shit

Feels more,,, rewarding
>>
>>16643600
this guy gets it
>>
You must find another girls as soon as possible.It doesnt matter ho she looks.You need to find yourself something to explode.Go to a bar .find something.take her to your house and have sex.Done .You will feel much better after that
>>
>>16643619
this guy doesn't get it
>>
Similar situation I have been in bro for the last year and a half since my divorce. I'd recommend getting off the social websites and if you can't I'd recommend deleting her or at the very least blocking info on your feed about her. It can hurt seeing her life from a window and pics she upload will just have you thinking thousands of things and assuming many emotions.

Distractions are always good for temporary healing as in good books, movies, and listening to music. However, I'd try to find something that would improve you. Say a hobby you might have not pursued because of what you might have thought or maybe a hobby that was hard to do with her.

Sometimes the hardest part is not trying to run away from the feelings. Just look at them for what they are when they come and go though. Sometimes you just have to feel them hit you and then see the drift by but not have reactions to them.

That has been hard because I will feel all kinds of feelings of guilt, regret, or potential ways I could have reacted and then try to contact her again further pushing her out of my life.
>>
>>16643607
Work is really just work, you need something to do when you have down time and do not need to be in the office( or home office). Find something that is away from that. It will give you a mental retreat especially when things are stressful
>>
>>16643622
why is that? This is a practical solution.Just cut the bullshit.Its all about sex.
>>
>>16643632

to be honest I'm missing the intimacy the most

I found some drunk, acne ridden, girl half my age with cottage cheese, and banged her.

Didn't really do much for me
>>
>>16643629

To be honest I've been you know, living to work the past weeks, instead of working to live.

I don't mind it dude. It's a good feeling. I wish I never met her and just worked 90- hours a week my whole life.
>>
>>16643632
sorry bro you don't get it
>>
fuck someone else

srs
>>
>>16643650
Consider it a lesson learned. You seem very stable emotionally, instead of wishing you never met her be appreciative of what you learned regarding relationships and who you are as a person. Take this knowledge and just move foward. You now know what didnt work with you as a person and what to look for the next time love surfaces. Its going to suck for the first few weeks and months but so does everything at first.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.