[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend has put me in an impossible situation. We have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1399797-16135.gif (57KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1399797-16135.gif
57KB, 320x240px
My girlfriend has put me in an impossible situation.
We have been together over two years, we both still live at home, however we have been working a year now and are looking to move out this year. We would like to get a joint mortgage and are saving for that. Her parents own a flat which they rent out for extra income, however the people have just left. They have offered my GF and I the flat at a reduced rate, and shes really keen but I am not, and this is why;
we always agreed that staying somewhere under either parents lead is a no-go as they will be in control and we might as well not move out, to a certain extent.
We dont want to rent ideally, as its wasted money, and whilst we are at home to stay here and save for the next 8 months would make more sense rather than the bills that come from having your own place, which could mean we can get a morgage a lot sooner than later.

We always agreed that we could rent for a small amount of time, however under the brackets above, and after saving for longer. i.e end of 2016. Since her parents told her this she is over the moon, excited and I havnt said no but I've shown my dislike of the situation.

She has changed her mind obviously about the parent thing, and she has virtually said if i say no she doesnt mind moving in by herself until im ready, and we can do that later this year. We have always been a very open couple and very rarely would she want to be apart however she mentioned that it could be ok for her to stand on her own two feet, that she would be fine with it.
I know that if i say no she wil l take it as me not wanting to move with her, getting cold feet or whatever, however if I say yes i have a gut feeling it will backfire, not with us, but maybe rushing too much or later this year seeing a perfect opportunity we could have only done if we'd of saved the money.

Am I being unreasonable? Should I do it, or whats the deal here?
>>
you are being super unreasonable.
>>
Very very unreasonable and unwilling to compromise. She wants to move out so adjust your plans and stop worrying.

There is also such things as renter rights. You have 24 hour notice rights before landlord can just barge in. This doesn't change even with a discount.
>>
>>16638250
>>16638268
I just think its a waste of money and such a spur of the moment decision change. She obviously wants this but if we put the idea on the table last month it was no. We could leave it 8-10months have double the savings and move somewhere better, start towards something we own, rather than throwing away money, to of all people- her parents.
>>
>>16638287

Doesn't matter if you are right about the money. Many things are more important than money. Living on your own is a noble goal and there is no shame in taking a discount from her parents.

Sometimes you have to make a choice about what is more important to you. Your girlfriend will leave you over this. Think about that and decide if you want to adjust.
>>
Another opinion, I agree with you.
My mother and brother worked out a similar arrangement. It was awkward because it is a business arrangement. They got too casual and payment was never on the same day of the month, and they often changed the payment based off of how well my brother was paid, even though the rent income was necessary for my mom.
My mom felt like she had the right to go into my brother's place whenever she liked. If she was just his landlord, he could argue that point. But she is his mother. It turned into a battle.
My mother had a terrible time laying down rules for my brother about what he could or could not do in the house. Some more of her requests were common sense, some were over stepping her bounds.

It was just a very awkward situation all around. I personally will avoid anything like that. I understand why you would want to avoid it too.
>>
Don't do it. The renting part doesn't sound all that bad, but renting from her parents is a horrible idea.
>>
You're saying you don't live with her, and you want to buy a house with her? You have bigger problems on your hands than this flat.
>>
>>16638233
>My girlfriend has put me in an impossible situation.
Oh goody
>Her parents own a flat which they rent out for extra income, however the people have just left. They have offered my GF and I the flat at a reduced rate, and shes really keen but I am not, and this is why;
>we always agreed that staying somewhere under either parents lead is a no-go as they will be in control and we might as well not move out, to a certain extent.
Stupid reason, they have as much control as any other landlords
>We dont want to rent ideally, as its wasted money, and whilst we are at home to stay here and save for the next 8 months would make more sense rather than the bills that come from having your own place, which could mean we can get a morgage a lot sooner than later.
You can save money while paying a reduced rate, you also have the chance to see if you can live together without being bound by a mortgage
>We always agreed that we could rent for a small amount of time, however under the brackets above, and after saving for longer. i.e end of 2016. Since her parents told her this she is over the moon, excited and I havnt said no but I've shown my dislike of the situation.
Your reasons to be upset are stupid
>She has changed her mind obviously about the parent thing
its a flat @ reduced rent, most people would kill for that
>I know that if i say no she wil l take it as me not wanting to move with her, getting cold feet or whatever, however if I say yes i have a gut feeling it will backfire, not with us, but maybe rushing too much or later this year seeing a perfect opportunity we could have only done if we'd of saved the money.
You are upset because you can live together and not be bound by a mortgage?
>Am I being unreasonable? Should I do it, or whats the deal here?
Stop being a fag, take up the offer, if the relationship goes sour, you can move out and she will be fine.
>>
>>16638387
you've forgotten she already lives with her parents.
>>
>>16638233
You should really live together before locking yourselves into a mortgage together. You never truly know someone until you live with them for an extended amount of time.
>>
>>16638233
>>16638561
>You should really live together before locking yourselves into a mortgage together. You never truly know someone until you live with them for an extended amount of time.
I second this. I have no clue why you'd commit so hard to a mortgage when you'd be much better of living together and get a better feel for each other. Also, getting out of your parents' actual living places should typically be fucking amazing as well.

There are more ways to be stupid than with spending slightly more money than necessary, you're heading in that direction.

>she mentioned that it could be ok for her to stand on her own two feet, that she would be fine with it.
>I know that if i say no she wil l take it as me not wanting to move with her
That's you talking, not her. The other option that she moves should be fine to you. Why would you even give a fuck? That's her decision and she kindly asked if you wanted to move in with her.

Sure, you might not like living in an apartment owned by her parents, but why does that matter really?
>>
>>16638446
>>16638451
>>16638470
You are not understanding the point of the below
>>16638387
>>16638446
Thats the worry. I dont want her parents to be turning up, i dont want her parents to feel they have more power than they should and that they can do what they want. They are very OCD.

I see where your coming from especially with >>16638587 however we have lived together, so be it no longer than 4 months, but thats still a reasonable amount of time.

For those of you saying im a pussy and its stupid reasons and i shouldnt care if she wants to do it alone, the reason is because thats not her, shes not normally like this and shes such a needy and girl whos dependent on people, mainly myself. She doesnt have many friends who she spends a lot of time with, and therefore i know that she will become very anxious. This is what i mean about being in an impossible position, I cant say no because shit will go wrong between the two of us.
>>
>>16639056
> no longer than 4 months, but thats still a reasonable amount of time
No, its not, a year or more is a reasonable amount of time. Maybe she wants to be on her own so that she can get over some of her neediness and become more independent. If those are your concerns you need to talk to her about it.
>>
>>16638233
>girlfriend
>joint mortgage

No, dude. BAD idea.
>>
>>16639095
I dont think thats the reason, however i agree and will talk to her about that.
>>16639142
Morgages can be very split 50/50, if there is even a small chance we would break up that would be covered with a 50/50 agreement and signed. Thats not the problem
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.