[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: CaptainPhasma.png (282KB, 600x320px) Image search: [Google]
CaptainPhasma.png
282KB, 600x320px
I am 18, senior year in high school, and have pretty much decided to join the US military. I want to join in order to have a 'realer' life experience, and to actually do something. I want an experience that isn't simply more academics. I also feel like I could do some good in the military, now that transgender individuals will be permitted to join, I could be the first generation of openly transgender military women, I feel like this would be a positive change.

My skills are as follows
>Modestly proficient machinist
>Modestly proficient carpenter/woodworker
>Basic electronics understanding
>MIG welder
>Fast learner
>Not afraid to die

So my question is, what branch should I join, and what job should I pursue?

>pic unrelated
>>
>>16637393
Mechanic in any branch sounds like what you want

Try to kill the ASVAB and take what you get
>>
>>16637403
Sorry, forgot to add

Talk to a recruiter from each service.

AF crew chief can be an awesome job if you are cut out for it
>>
>>16637403
I took the practice ASVAB, but I really hard a hard time finding reference for what a good score is
>>
>>16637416
http://m.military.com/join-armed-forces/asvab/asvab-scores-and-military-jobs.html

Find the MOS/AFSC/Rate you want and compare the minimums

Keep in mind, probably the biggest factor in picking up your dream job is its availability
>>
>>16637393
Ask the recruiters. They'll tell you.
>>
Thanks a lot anon(s)

Does anyone have info on what future combat policy will look like for trans women in the future? Or what physical requirements there will be? Could I take hormones on base?
>>
>>16637393
enjoy being cannon fodder fighting for a nigger president who hates you. and fighting for isreal you cuck
>>
>>16637449
Ben Carson?

>Also the n-slur is racist
>>
>>16637440
Very very hard to speculate on that. However, last I remember is that Army allowed women to participate in Ranger training, so I want to say it's a good possibility.

I also can't say anything definite about taking hormones because I really don't know

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/18/politics/women-graduate-army-ranger-course/
>>
>>16637449
>Le epic memes xD
>>
>>16637460
I mean, hormones are going to destroy my muscle mass and make me considerably weaker than an equivalent cisgender man, but I think I would still have a physical edge over cis women
>>
>>16637469
Like I said, I really have no idea. That's probably something a doctor would have to make a decision on
>>
>>16637393

I definitely seeing you getting into mechanics, anon. Engineering? Wow, your career skills are definitely going to take you places =p

I'm indifferent on transexuals and I believe everyone has the right to happiness. Dunno anything about hormone treatment or what the US military can prescribe you. But as long as you're physically fit, I don't see why you shouldn't blow past basic.

Just have that GI Jane, Navy Seal, mentality about you and you can accomplish anything =)
>>
OK, how about this

Would any military mechanic be willing to share their experience?
>>
do they even accept the mentally ill
>>
>>16637572
In April, yeah
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.