[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should I just give up on girls?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: cute girls.jpg (263KB, 2048x1358px) Image search: [Google]
cute girls.jpg
263KB, 2048x1358px
Hi /adv/. I'm 18 and am kind of conflicted with how I feel about girls. I'm not a fedora tipping neckbeard, I lift, and some people even say I look handsome, but I kind of feel like giving up on trying to find a gf/fwb. On the other hand though, I feel like I'm gonna look back 5 years from now and wonder why it was so difficult to get girls because it'll come so naturally to me. Is there any advice you can give me that helped you get girls to like you? I tried the whole be an asshole, approach girls, PUA shit but I'm kind of shy and it never works out the way I want it to.
>>
>>16635847
>it never works out
You're 18. You haven't exactly had a long time to try everything out. How many girls have you approached in you life? Keep trying.
>>
>18
>give up

Chill the fuck out senpai. You're so young bruv
>>
Give it time, you're still young.

We all walk different paths in life, not at the same time necessarly, walk yours and never give up despite setbacks.
>>
>>16635858
10 give or take one or two, but it hasn't been encouraging.
>>16635867
Is there any advice you can give me that helped you?
>>
>>16635884
I know I should give it time but the thing that bugs me is that I see guys my age that, when it comes to girls, they're like a magnet and it makes me wonder if I should give up because I can't see myself being like them.
>>
>>16635847
>18
>give up

Holy hell kids sure do give up on life early these days.

My advice: stay the course, learn a few things about socializing and recovering from rejection as you get shot down. You'll get better and better until one day you just take a girl to bed.
>>
>>16635903
So it's just something that I'll have to wait for to happen?
>>
>>16635847

post a picture of yourself? everyone you ever asked before had some sort of role in your life where they needed to tell you what they told you for hteir own sake. we'll be honest.

>being an asshole

being an asshole does not work for everyone. it only works if you hae the appearance to pull it off. also the personality.

>should I give up on girls

ur 18. youve literally never been to a bar. you have barely left highschool. why would you just give up? i mean frankly you're just as likely ot meet a girl and have fun with her in a casual scenario like work or school.

in my experience the best way to hook anyone is to give them attention when you first meet them, make it obvious you dig them. after that, pretend it never happened. dont be an asshole, just treat them like a regular friend.

its not 100% fool proof (nothign is, there is no cheat codes to humanity) but if there was any chance of them liking you, they will often 'work' to get your flirtatious attention. people want what they cant have. drag it out with just the right amount of attention and you'll end up bringing them home. wont call you the next day.

moral here is if you want real relationships just experience life, put yourselfo ut there, and see who you bring in.
>>
>>16635911
Yeah sure. From left to right, me, my dad's friend's mom, my sister. This was taken last week when I went on vacation.

Thanks for the advice bro. I appreciate it. I really do.
>>
File: PC290212.jpg (4MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
PC290212.jpg
4MB, 4608x3456px
>>16636010
Forgot pic
>>
>>16636016
Saying you lift is a bit misleading op. I would also recommend getting a haircut but I'm not a gril so up to you.
>>
>>16636016
Cut your hair
>>
>>16636024
Yeah you're right. Saying I lift implies I'm muscular, although I do lift, I'm not muscular. Going from 120 lbs to 160 is pretty significant to me though.

The reason I don't want a haircut though is because I have a small head and the hair covers that up. Hopefully it gets bigger.
>>
>>16636016

your face is a little off but not exactly ugly.

im obsessed with your hair and wish to marry you, but i have a fetish for curly haired guys, so thats just me.
>>
>>16636016
You have an odd posture in that picture. You look very uncomfortable despite the smile.
>>
File: PC280088.jpg (4MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
PC280088.jpg
4MB, 4608x3456px
>>16636035
My hair is semi curly. Only the bangs desu.
>>16636043
I couldn't fit in the door. I was tilted sideways.

Maybe this is better? This is my dad.
>>
>>16636068
That pose is more relaxed looking.
>>
>>16636068

your whole head looks curly in that photo. i imagine with the right gel its like that al lday, yeah.

id say you are reasonable looking. your face aint great, but it aint bad, and if you keep on lifting you'll be attractive enough. you arent going to be banging models left and right, but you will have the same dating life as everyone else.

maybe you'll even decide to experiment with men and come live with me.

but if not, there are some girls in your future.
>>
either let your hair grow long past your shoulders or get a haircut. the way it is now is simply awful. Also, if you do lift and your body is toned, wear form fitting shirts... you have a nice face and smile, so you got that going for you, which is nice
>>
File: PC290254~01.jpg (761KB, 1279x2881px) Image search: [Google]
PC290254~01.jpg
761KB, 1279x2881px
>>16636072
I still think I look awkward. I'll be the first to tell you that I'm not very photogenic. It's part of the reason I don't have any social network accounts. This is the last picture I'll post because I'm really looking for advice, not feedback on how I look.
>>16636073
I just use a lot of conditioner and let it dry naturally after I get out of the shower. Thanks for the offer but I'm interested in girls unfortunately.
>>
>>16636105

drats. foiled again. one day ill find a curly haired guy to make mai waifu
>>
>>16636102
The plan is to grow it long. The in between phase is the worst, you're right. As for the shirts, the thing is I'm "bulking" so I've been putting on a lot of fat, particularly in the belly area so form fitting shirts don't sound like a good idea. Thanks for the advice though.
>>16636115
Kek sorry. I think curly hair looks cool, too if that's any consolation.
>>
>>16636132

glad someone does. most guys straight it.
>>
>>16636135
I didn't know that. I know that stupid really long top, really short sides haircut is really in fashion right now but it looks pretty gay imotbhwyfam.
>>
>>16636149

yeah i rarely ever see curly haired guys cuz they straight it or cut it too short to curl. i recently found out a fried of mine for two years has been doing this and i went crazy.

>really short sides really long on top

i fucking hate that haircut, i dont even understand it. wasnt it a girls haircut? even then it was ugly, then guys started doing it. what is the fucking appeal?
>>
Work on that belly, go outside and have fun.
Dont give up, dont straighten your hair-ever.
tfw 29 virgin who gave up 12 yo ago
>>
>>16635907
no. you don't wait for it. it will never, 'just happen.' you need to pursue, chase, get shot down, make mistakes, recover each time, and have a good time.
>>
>>16636157
No idea what the appeal is but yeah I think miley cyrus was one of the first ones to make it popular or something.
>>16636162
Thanks dude but how are you still a virgin? At age 29 I'd be so desperate I'd go to some third world shithole like Thailand and pay for it.
>>16636174
Sounds tough. Why do is it come so natural to other guys my age?
>>
>>16636206

>why do is it come so natural to other guys my age?

they wear pants that goes past their knees for starters.

but that being said, people get into it at different times. i was a bit of a manslut cuz i moved a LOT so was able to meet people who never knew of my growing up experiences. that helps a lot.
>>
>>16636218
>they wear pants that goes past their knees for starters.
I see frat guys wear pants above their knees all the time.
>but that being said, people get into it at different times. i was a bit of a manslut cuz i moved a LOT so was able to meet people who never knew of my growing up experiences. that helps a lot.
Wouldn't it be tough having to start over all the time? What do girls even look for in a guy?
>>
R/nofap and r/trp have helped many people get over anxiety with grils
>>
Workout and work towards mastering a hobby, make your life fun for yourself and friends and ladies will naturally follow you.
>>
>>16636249
>reddit
Eh. All that sounds good in practice but in the real world it's not quite as glamorous. I've tried nofap and it seems like it's just a meme.

>>16636267
That's my mentality right now. I think that's the only way for me to go desu. Thanks for reaffirming my belief.
>>
>>16636032
Your head looks fine bruv, no reason why a grill would reject you. If you're too consious about your head, talk to the barber about it. Read that ok? BARBER.
>>
>>16635891
I'm 19. Currently in a LTR of 1 year, but had decent success doing FWB and shit.

My biggest piece of advice is be someone that is desirable to be in a relationship with.

Everyone thinks they "deserve" someone, but the opposite is true. Most people are assholes who deserve to be alone.

Teach yourself to be understanding, become genuinely interested in people and you will be amazed and how much people want to have you around. Read classic novels and non-fiction books and you will never run out of things to talk about. Be a genuinely nice guy, not a guy who thinks he can schmooze his way into a girl's pants.

Also take care of yourself. Buy some clothes that fit your style. Wear clothes that fit your personality as well as they fit your body. Go to the gym if you don't already. I've been lifting for about 18 months now. My body isn't insane, but my confidence gains have been massive.

And of course you need to have some direction in life. I dropped out of college to pursue entrepreneurship. And girls still like me. If I dropped out of college because it was too hard and I was satisfied making $12/hr you better believe that would not be the case.

Also drop PUA shit. You'll eventually work out a system that enables you to lure low-self-esteem sluts into the bedroom, but that's all it will ever do for you.

You sound like a really cool guy. I wish i knew you IRL would totally double date with you.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3000x3102px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3000x3102px
How do I accept my insecurities and stop thinking about how I can change?
>>
>>16636233

>i see frat guys

that does not mean girls date them. that being said they can pull it off more. you look dorky with em. id buy pairs that go right past your knees. i think it'd look good.

>wouldnt it be tough having to start over all the time?

it was in terms of general life, and it changes you. im a lot different than the guys who stayed in one place their whole lives. but romantically speaking it allowed me to be a man slut. i went to 5 highschools. and none of them had any idea who i was before i moved there.

think back to school, how long did you know those girls? you were always someone who was just sorta there. but when ur the new guy you get to make new impressions on chicks every single time. not just chicks either, by my 5th school i had pretty much perfected the whole social thing.

>what do girls even look for in a guy

girls are people, and people are diverse. guys dont have a universal checklist.

but generally speaking all people want
>someone they find attractive
>someone enjoy hanging out with
>that indescribable spark that comes with knowing you got feelings for someone.

the first two help the third. many people get the third based on the first, but lose it because they cant attain the second. if you got the second but not the first, its hard to get the third.

from there it gets more complicated. those are really the only 3 things all highschool girls want. adults want something more specific. someone who can put up with their specific lifestyle, someone who makes more money than them, etc. etc.

the one thing they dont want is for a guy to treat them like a toaster. if you approach girls hoping to make them your gf they will know that is your intent, and even if you are somewhat impressive its a turn off. no girl wants to be 'any girls' to you. they want to be the special girl.

girls want someone who only wants them.
>>
>>16636302
I mean it looks small in proportion to my body. Yeah I'll consider a barber. I don't want to seem edgy either.

>>16636314
Thanks for the tips. I've always been taught to be really nice to girls and all that but at the same time I've also been told that girls find nice guys boring. But yeah I totally agree with you about being someone who is desirable to be with. I've been focusing mainly on school, reading books, going to the gym regularly, and playing a lot of chess in my free time. As for direction, the plan is to become a civil engineer, work at one or two companies for 4 years, get a PE license, and then work with my dad, who is also civil/structural engineer, flipping houses. Everything you just said though makes me think I'm somewhat on the right track, but sometimes it takes a while to see the light at the end of the tunnel I guess.
>>
>>16636408
>that does not mean girls date them. that being said they can pull it off more. you look dorky with em. id buy pairs that go right past your knees. i think it'd look good.
Thanks for the heads up. Will do.
>but romantically speaking it allowed me to be a man slut.
I'm assuming you are goodlooking, physically fit, confident, charismatic, and flirty.

>someone they find attractive
>someone enjoy hanging out with
>that indescribable spark that comes with knowing you got feelings for someone.
Yeah I mean you're right lol but I think I just realized the answer to my own question. I think it all starts with looks. If a girl doesn't like at least something about the way you look, you're not gonna have a chance unless you have some redeeming factor.
>>
>>16636482

>I'm assuming you are good looking, physically fit, confident charismatic, and flirty

ehhhhh. i was 'cute'. as far as fitness goes i was only just skinny. confidence varied. school 5? quite a bit so. year 1? not at all. varying levels in the middle. Charismatic? ehhh. flirty? yeah.

you were better looking than me other than our faces, though even then yours was cleaner than mine, i had acne issues.

not all girls, especially in highschool are looking for fit confident etc. look at all the girls in school. look at who they were dating. it was very varied. people have tastes. theres plenty of girls who wear all black that like their skinny boyfriends as long as they got a dark edge to them, for instance.

dating isnt about models making out with chads.

>its about looks

quite a bit yes. but you gotta remember, you arent ugly. are you going to date models? no. so if you're aiming high, go a bit lower. life isnt a pussyfest, nor should it be. if you keep working out and maybe have a hair style that helps frame your face (your farmer eyes clash with your longish hair) you'll do just fine. just remember its not a pussyfest. there are plenty of girls who look at you as you are in those photos and will think 'hes cute'.
>>
File: 1451797079323.jpg (86KB, 800x636px) Image search: [Google]
1451797079323.jpg
86KB, 800x636px
>>16636413
Sounds like you're doing just fine.

As far as girls finding nice guys boring, it's not because they find guys niceness boring, it's because guys who know they have nothing to offering substitute their niceness where a personality should be. It's a bad reproductive strategy. They're the guys who buy girls presents, pay for dinners, and do everything under the guise of "friendship", then after months of sexual frustration they erupt with a drunken text message confession of love.

Only girls aren't stupid and they knew what was going on all along, and they're turned off by the "nice guy's" dishonesty. So they get rejected. Then the nice guys join PUA communities and complain that all women are whores who shit on nice guys.

They assume that if being nice doesn't work, being an asshole will. And being an asshole does work... for attracting sluts who have daddy issues.

Then these guys have evidence to corroborate their theory, only all they've done is attract more whores, and then they assume that ALL women are whores, when the truth is that all the women THEY interact with are whores, because they themselves are shit people.
>>
>>16636105
>>16636068
>>16636016
Straight dude here. You look pretty qt 2bh, I think you will find a nice girl in the next couple of years. And, for men in particular, dating tends to get easier over the years, as long as you don't give up, of course.
>>
>>16636520
Thanks for the ego boost heh. But yeah I'll take your advice for sure. Thanks a lot man.
>>16636545
Damn that makes a lot of sense. That's kind of like a revelation for me. Will definitely keep that in mind. No wonder there's so many female hate threads on /r9k/.
>>
>>16636562
Thanks.
>>
>>16635847
Hey man, I went through some of that same shit.
I also even tried the whole PUA bullshit and trying to put myself out there as much as possible. Nothing really clicked, I was also inherently introverted. The club is like master difficulty for picking up chicks. It's loud as fuck and 90% of it is looks / touching. I need to be able to talk to a girl. I can't game it in the club. It's almost impossible. Plus I'm not terrible looking but I'm not the most handsome guy on the planet.

My advice, you have a ton of room to mature. Shit I'm 27 and I feel like I JUST hit my mature brain wave. Girls do this much sooner than us guys. Trust me, girls start looking way more moronic and easier to understand the older you get. Now getting a GF is easy.

Another great tip. Fuck the club, fuck PUA bullshit. You want to meet girls? Do shit that you KNOW they will be. Do some dance lessons, boom girls. Join a charity event, boom girls. You get the idea. Do stuff that will put you right in front of them. Build a relationship and don't puss it when you like one of them.
>>
>>16636582
I think most girls my age go partying on the weekend rather than going to dance classes.
>>
>>16636626
That... is where you would be wrong my friend.
>>
>>16636678
Why? What do girls my age do mostly?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.