[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here lonely? Talk about it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8

File: apocalypse gif.gif (410KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
apocalypse gif.gif
410KB, 640x384px
Anyone here lonely? Talk about it.
>>
I am. I get the feeling that some girls actually like me since they laugh at my jokes and random ones will approach me out of nowher and what not but none of them interest me and even if they did. I don't have the balls to ask them.
>>
>>16630229
Same here. But when I do, they just ignore me! Drives me nuts! Which is what they want, I guess. But..but...I can't wrap my mind around it. WHy?
>>
>>16630229
Yeah. People are open to me too, but there's no good way to bridge the gap. Most people already have a fair amount of friends from school or work. Fuck this NEET bullshit.

>>16630234
You make female friends, then you ask them on a date and they refuse?
>>
how do I make friends?
>>
If youre so lonely why don't you just come hang out at my place?
>>
>>16630205
my goal for 2016 is literally to make friends, so maybe i won't be so depressed.
>>
Sometimes a lot. Sometimes not at all. Such is life. We give, we take. We fall, We stand up again.
>>
>>16630287
where do you live?
>>
>>16630301
Tucson, arizona
>>
>>16630287
i don't want to be murdered, anon.
>>
>>16630287
I'd like to meet you before going to your house...

>>16630277
Establish that you like the person, and they like you, and then ask to spend time with them. It's really that awkward for everyone who doesn't have some type of unusual magnetism.

>>16630290
Same here. I want to be less of a NEET shit this year. Small, attainable goals are probably the best. I think your idea to make more friends is perfect!

>>16630295
I'm not even missing anyone in particular anymore. It's been like 2-3 years since I liked a person I was around. Don't tell.
>>
no girls in my line of work, nearly no free time.
I need much time to melt and feel comfortalbe with another person.
No chance at online dating, the girls just ignore me or say no.
Just one girl from Brasil liked me somewhat and I have only seen her once.
I liked her too...
I kind of miss her and the feel she gave me.
>>
>>16630308
See, that's why you're lonely.
>>
>>16630313
>id like to meet you before...
So you want to go grab lunch or something?
>>
Having friends does help a lot. Still lonely, really really want a gf. But friends help me cope with that. I love my friends.
>>
>>16630306
damn, I live in New York City
>>
>>16630205
I don't miss my ex, but I miss having a gf. This girl treated me like shit for most od our relationship, but it still hurts seeing her every day because I miss what we had together.

I'm in the same shoes as some of you anons. I know there are girls that are interested in me, but none of them are worth my time. I don't wanna settle, but I don't wanna be alone anymore. I know I just have to be patient and someone great will show up eventually, but fuck me I don't wanna wait anymore.
>>
>>16630329
Are you asking me, or?

Lunch is a good thing to ask, if that's what you're into. If you have money and know the good places to get lunch, then that's a fine idea. Another person I knew just asked me to come walk and meditate with him in the woods. It's whatever.

>>16630352
Without commitment, gf is just a friend you want to blast nuts into. Maybe just fuck your friends is what I'm saying?
>>
I managed to break off contact with literally all of my friends over a year ago, I have not had a meaningful conversation or a fun night out in over a year. I just hug a pillow and cry myself to sleep on most nights, and chances are they've already forgotten about me anyway.
>>
I am. Had a wank Christmas and New Year.

Don't really want a girlfriend that much, more a tight-knit group of friends. It's so disheartening knowing what to do to fix your situation but not having the confidence to go out and do it.
>>
I've become much more lonely since I moved to a new town. I've always had lots of friends, but they were never really into the same sort of things that I was so I didn't feel close/connected with them. This time round I decided to only make friends with people more similar to me, but I've found that there aren't many others out there, so I've been spending lots of time alone.
>>
>>16630205
I'm lonely in a romantic sense. I've got tons of friends and have a hard time keeping up with all of them. However because I'm a fat nerd no girls want to fuck me and I'm not too keen on fucking fat girls either which means I'm shit out of luck lol.

Thankfully I make enough money that I can visit strip clubs to get that female attention I so desperately desire.
>>
>>16630415
Why did you break contact, anon?

>>16630421
Then there are times where you can make friends and get dates by accident, so it's not all a matter of confidence.
>>
I'm seeing someone pretty regularly but he steps on my toes when we're around other people and it stresses me out. Even my mother flirts with him and twirls her hair when they talk and follows him to smoke and gave him her number and I feel sick.

We go out and he makes me feel so small. His friends don't acknowledge me in public. He doesn't stick up for me in front of my roommates because honestly he acts like he would rather date them than me and it makes me so sad.
>>
>>16630450
>Why did you break contact, anon?
I didn't feel like I was being taken serious, felt like a burden or someone they'd just make fun of (didn't actually happen as far as I know but that's how I felt anyway). At this point I think that 2 of the girls in the group were taking advantage of me and that some of the guys were ridiculing me, but it might just be my imagination I honestly can't tell anymore at this point.
>>
>>16630477
Well if you weren't comfortable, maybe it wasn't a good idea. I had a similar break with my friends because I felt inconsequential to them. It turns out that I was presenting myself as hopeless, so they sort of took my lead. Oh well, time for some new ones. They were kind of fools anyway.

>>16630463
The scumbag concentration in your area, and your home, is far too high. I've experienced things like this. I'd suggest either going somewhere nicer, or being more discerning in who you befriend.

I think my father flirting with my ex expedited my leaving by 6-8 months.
>>
>>16630205
Yes. I really want to go to grad school and just isolate myself further. I didn't do as well as I needed to last semester. I ended up getting one B- which seriously messed up my GPA. I got a 3.3 and I need to apply to summer programs but I only have one recommendation letter and that isn't enough. I guess that section of my life is over.
Most of the time I am okay being alone, then sometimes I am struck with the feeling of my failure. I really am quiet lonely. I talk to myself a lot because I don't have another human being to talk to.
>>
>Go to family reunion today
>20+ people
>Realize im literally the only person in my family who isnt in a relashionship
>Proceed to feel like shit
>>
I haven't spoken to a soul in two weeks, the emptiness has grown so vast I drown in it.

im ok lol
>>
>>16630575
>>16630522
>>16630536
rip
>>
>>16630582
r u threatening me bitch
>>
I like to think of loneliness as a form of company these days.. I could talk to people but what is the point?... same old same old we only know how we feel we are only capable of comforting ourselves
>>
>>16630592
no sir or madam
>>
Just stupid relationship shit. It's funny because I knew exactly what I was getting into when I said yes and still let it affect me emotionally at the end. New year resolution is to not repeat my mistakes
>>
I'm lonely but good thing I'm fairly introverted and very good with entertaining myself so I manage. Haven't made a single friend in the last 3 years. No one seems to be interested in me nor am I to them. Only single crush during this time and it passed after 2 weeks. Very difficult to connect with people. Last month I went to a cruise with my school's group and I got complimented few times, both physique and clothing by few girls. Now that I think about it, I'm very certain I only looked at them with my usual dull gaze and said thanks and kept moving. Didn't feel any interest or attraction to them. Doesn't help that my eyesight is bad so I have my eyes always relaxed so it wouldn't give me headache from focusing on faraway objects. As a result when smiling or such my eyes stay at the usual pace, not really 'going with' the mood I'm having.

Good thing I've been going to gym for a long time, get good grades and I have few good friends that date back to kindergarten so I don't go crazy from the isolation.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 501x386px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 501x386px
>>16630597
K.
>>
File: run-fatboy-run---the-wall.jpg (24KB, 399x214px) Image search: [Google]
run-fatboy-run---the-wall.jpg
24KB, 399x214px
I hit up a friend a lot recently. She's my only friend and I've been kind of pestering her I suppose. She never was very interested in me, but she always responds. She doesn't want to do anything, but she responds. Even if it's useless one-word shit.

Dropped her for a while, thinking I was a bother to her and she'd hit me up if I gave her enough space. Spent a long-ass time in painful, quiet loneliness before I realized she wouldn't.

So now I'm hitting her up again. Deep down I know the truth that I'm just lying to myself by pretending to not be lonely, and it hurts. But hey, I'm talking to a wall and the wall talks back. Even if it's just "okay".
>>
>>16630617
could you try hitting up someone new, the same way you "pester" her?
>>
>>16630651
I'm not meeting anyone new. Not in a position to either. For quite a while she's all I got, and all I'll have.
>>
>>16630658
Why not just force yourself into a situation to meet people?
>>
>>16630665
Like I said, I'm not in a position to. I'm stuck here, and I can't go out. I have nowhere to go out to.
>>
>>16630674
DON'T TELL ME THIS TOWN AIN'T GOT NO SOUL!
>>
How would any of you be inclined to join a community for loners? An online forum to start with, with tools to help find friends in local area, with advice and encouragement in dealing with loneliness.

We are lonely, because we don't fit in into social groups around as. But we all share at least one thing in common and this is a definition of community.
>>
>>16630723
I'm down. So long as there isn't some corny premise like how you can be banned for posting things against the "r9k" culture.

I'm sure communities of the same nature exist, but I am a little concerned about their effectiveness, since not being lonely is ultimately a person journey. There are also issues that lead to loneliness like socioeconomic position and mental illness.

-

I think that people would actually need to be slightly closer than the average online forum to really help each other, maybe on more of an instant-messagining or Skype level. This would actually keep people incentivized to help each other and help themselves, assuming nobody becomes "ToXiC" or anything like that.
>>
>>16630731
*personal journey
>>
But what if I have a gf and feel lonely with her?
>>
My (online) best friend started telling me earlier this week she didn't feel like talking. I thought it was just gonna be like a day or two thing so I didn't think to much about it. Then she completely stopped replying to any of my messages or snapchats. Today I tried snapchatting her but then she blocked me after I asked her why she was doing this. I've been trying to text her the past hour but to no avail.

We used to be best friends and we both helped each other through difficult times in our lives. I just want an explanation as to what's going on but she won't even give me that. She's always been my go to person and I can't remember the last time I felt so alone.
>>
>>16630741
Then your gf is not the right gf for you

But I know how you feel. My gf makes me feel she is not the right gf for me either.
>>
>>16630731
It is a personal journey, but every journey needs mentors and allies to aid the protagonist. Such community could be a place to go for aid, with people with various degree of loneliness.

And it could be a good place to find friends, in real life, pen pals, Skype buddies and so on.
>>
>>16630742
Certain conditions can cause ordinary people to behave in very inhuman ways. I wouldn't take it personally, but I would try to learn something.

Talking about problems is a tricky thing, and not always helpful to either party. The discussion we are having here is good, because it's so impersonal.

>>16630741
Listen to this song then I guess, because the lyrics say something about what you're feeling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JAzZYxHvEg

Seriously, though, try to identify why you feel lonely around her.

>>16630747
Don't jump right to the "break up" advice. Nobody would be together if they took advice.
>>
>>16630769
4chan is not a bad place.

I saw a Skype group from a significantly worse online forum, and it was pretty nice, partially due to moderation and screening.

If you want to start something, we can do that. We can throw down.
>>
copy pasting from last thread.

part 1/5

The bobcat is a native american spirit totem that teaches us how to be alone without being lonely.

being alone can be a mans greatest asset, which means being lonely is simply his bad mistake.

the best way to not be lonely is to learn how to not be lonely when you are alone. simply surrounding yourself with other people is a bandaid, cuz as soon as you get ditched you fall to pieces. its just as pathetic as someone who cant be single without being a whiny miserable fuck.

so now you are probably asking, how can i teach myself to be alone without being lonely? well most of it comes down to conditioning. We are raised in a way that overstimulates us. back in the day kids spent a lot of the day working and had only a little time for play. now we are play all day and just do our best to get through work. that doesnt translate well into adulthood where we long for all that fun, but can only get that feeling out of extreme scenarios of fun.

so to counteract that you have to start conditioning yourself again. for instance, right now, stop, and take a deep breath. seriously, do it. breath deeply. think about the last time you had a cold. how you couldnt breath. that sucked, didnt it? so right now close your eyes and take ten deep breaths and think about how nice it is. force yourself to feel how good it is in that moment.

that was the first step at conditioning yourself. by taking a daily automatic function like breathing and telling your brain 'this is a happy occassion' you begin to frame future instances as happy as well. it conditions you so that simply being bale to breath is something that makes your brain happy.
>>
>>16630786
>>16630769
So if you have an idea for a forum location or want to group chat, just say

I don't have much of an idea how Skype works, but I know tinychat is narcissism, so that leaves skype
>>
File: 1397886297655.jpg (8KB, 186x178px) Image search: [Google]
1397886297655.jpg
8KB, 186x178px
>>16630787

2/5
now, open your cell phone (right fucking now) and set two calendar reminders a day for the next week. set them to vibrate so they dont interrupt people. now everytime your cell phone vibrates you know to stop and think about whats good about the moment.

eating? think about how tasty it is. in class? think about something interesting in the lecture? watching TV? think about how comfy you are in bed or on your couch. too edgy to think theres any bliss in life? then simply think about how nice it is to breath.

after 7 days, copy and paste those reminders and do it all again. eventually this trains you so not only are you happy about these little daily things, but also you will start acknowledging them without the calendar. one day you'll be walking, get the random idea to 'be happy' and think about how nice the sun feels on your skin, or how great the shade is, or how beautiful the day is in general. you wont even need the reminder. it will happen.

stopping to be grateful for what little good there is in your life makes it a more prominent part of your life.
>>
File: 1451075939120.jpg (12KB, 406x422px) Image search: [Google]
1451075939120.jpg
12KB, 406x422px
>>16630793
So, Part 3:

being alone even if you arent lonely, can be boring, and that leads to a sense of loneliness. so its time to fill your life up with worthwhile hobbies. the best hobbies are the ones that have a sense of completion, accomplishment, and fulfillment. simply finishing something makes people REALLY happy, but having a hobby where that doesn't happen can be frustrating.

Video games are a simple luxury that gives this sense of accomplishment when you beat the game. so i recommend this, even if its downloading classic games on your computer. but it should not be the basis of your hobby as its not really work, its only luxury.

what you need is a bit of a work hobby. some people like to build models. others like to build houses. it should be something you enjoy. and dont worry you dont have to have it all figured out right away. you can make a list of things you want to start doing, and try them all out.

to be specific though your hobby should not be
>i want to draw.

drawing may have a sense of completion when you finish the page, but there is no real end goal. without an intent its more doodling than anything else.

instead of just drawing, make it your goal to draw a full comic. start out with a single shot issue type thing. then if you like it, move on to expand that in to a 12 issue arc. This gives you an endgoal, something creative to adhere to, and stops you from just getting bored halfway through and saying 'i wanna do something else'.

especially if you upload it online for a few people to read, it motivates you to finish it for their sake. if you cant draw, find other hobbies such as maybe making a really chea pvideo game on rpg maker, or a short film, or a web series, or just writing a book by the chapter, or creating a radio play, or remodeling your house.

just have ONE hobby that has endgoals so you get that sense of accomplishment. I mostly do web series myself.
>>
I went to a small party for my only friend because she was in town until the 4th. It was fun but I still felt lonely.

I texted her that I enjoyed the party and hanging with her again, no reply. I texted her cheers for the new years, no reply.

Like fuck, why even invite me.
>>
File: 1416088349003.jpg (28KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
1416088349003.jpg
28KB, 316x202px
>>16630798
and finally part 4: making connections with people.

no matter how much i talk about spirituality, psychology, and self improvement, people NEED interaction. not necessarily friends, but interaction at the very least.

true friendships are comprised of two or more people who are drawn to one another. it is not a real friendship if someone like you (OP) are a complete lonely loser looking for someone to fill the void in your life. people see that in you and dont want to be responsible for you, especially when you get bored and decide they arent enough and cause drama because you still arent fulfilled. humans are not band aids, and they are not toasters. you cant just go out and get them.

instead, look for events that cater to your interests, where you can meet people who share your interests. now there are the regular places like bars and clubs and such where a lot of people go to socialize. but lets operate under the assumption that you or whoever else is reading this is a geek. a real geek not an 'oh em gee im so geeky!!1!" geek. it doesnt matter if you are not, but this will prove that anyone with any interest can find others without going to a stupid bar or club.

SO, you are a geek. say you like board games? go to a game shop. most local game shops cannot support themselves on sales alone. instead they hold events like tournaments for Magic the gathering, settlers of catan, really anything.

comic book stores or multiple-niche nerd shops that do video games, board games, comics and collectibles will often hold things like 'scifi movie commentary night' or super smash bros tournaments or anything. even if you arent quite a fan of that particular nerdom, go out and try a few events cuz chances are you will meet people with your nerdom.

this applies to virtually any specialty shop. i you like fishing, theres plenty of fishing clubs. like hunting? theres that. like basketball? look for leagues.
>>
>>16630793
>>16630798
>>16630803
>frogs
You're really killing your credibility here
>>
File: 1426395100677.jpg (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1426395100677.jpg
2MB, 1600x900px
>>16630803
part 5:

finally, if you are such a neet that you dont want to even use a basic google search or go outside to see what does exist locally, go to MEETUP DOT COM.

its a website where you type in your location, click some interests, and can find lots of local groups. there are groups for everything from horror movie fans who meet up once a month to discuss and play horror themed pictionary, to buffy fan groups that more than 10 years later hang out and just talk about their favorite episodes. there is a section for EVERYTHING so you are guaranteed to find something you like.

and if you dont? make your own group. its free. and you can make a lot of friends by hosting an event of your own interests.

hope that helps and if i was unclear about anything im going to be around for awhile so feel free to ask. if you need a little more help finding your niche or want more info i can also be reached at

[email protected]
i work in a self help industry so i do this all day anyway.
>>
>>16630788
I was thinking about starting one. Probably gonna get a website this week and try to set something up. If you are interested you can give some contact info, throwaway or not, and I will send a word when it's up.

I would really want to start with a forum and make it a group effort to make it grow into a non-profit organization, with meetups and much more.
>>
>>16630867
You can give a contact if you want. I'll help in any way I can.
>>
>First gf at 15. lost virginities to each other but she was super depressed and suicidal and that really took a toll on my mental health
>second gf at 16 i used as emotional support and later became a fuckbuddy but now we dont really talk
>third gf i had been crushing on since freshman year (im 17 in junior year at this point) but she broke it off after like 3 weeks and i wanted to kill myself constantly
>a couple months later i joined my high schools model UN club and met what i thought of as my soulmate. we shared the same hobbies, thoughts, everything, but stopped talking after a while. Weve started talking again but i told her how i felt and she just said the timing was bad. We always had really long conversations but now she just stops and leaves me "seen." she usually started the conversations but now its just me and i know i should give up but i cant for the fucking love of god
>talked to a friend of my cousin for a while
>she seemed super into me
>stood me up twice
>still messages me constantly for attention
>at this point i cant even talk to girls and dont know what the fuck im doing. i hate my life
>>
>>16631027
should mention that im a freshman in college, not underage b&
>>
Mess up "friendships" with sexting and with my emotional shit not helping matters. Sorry Anon that this is just a friendly soul trying to share something even if I am one that will forget I message here and forget how to find this part of 4chan. Hope you lot find what you are looking.
>>
File: badluck.png (900KB, 1420x613px) Image search: [Google]
badluck.png
900KB, 1420x613px
Better to have loved and have lost than never have loved at all, but that sure as hell doesn't mean the former isn't still agonizing. Been 2 years and I haven't been the same since. Not in an I-miss-her way but more in an I-miss-being-in-love way.

I had a pretty drunk NYE with my friends from back in highschool, and I'm hopefully going to hang out with some of them a couple times before I go back to school, but I'm missing something a little more meaningful.

It's hard for me to feel like I'm worth other people's time, let alone positive attention.

I miss a lot of things about being in a relationship, but more than anything else, I miss looking into someone else's eyes and knowing that they reciprocate your feelings of unadulterated affection - that you actually mean something deeply profound to them, that you are wanted, that not only do they fill some hole within your sole, but you within theirs.

That was a disgustingly highschool-poetry paragraph, but I'm feeling sappy, so eat shit, /lit/.
>>
>>16631192
*soul
Jesus christ, that's embarrassing.
>>
>22
>avoidant personality disorder
>never dated, virgin
>never go out
>never approached by anyone
>feel avoided by people at my university
>studying for a profession that requires constant human contact, cooperation and building connections
>don't talk to anyone there
>have issues talking to family members, mostly just avoid them
>only friends are two guys that I see once a month or less
>live alone
>hate myself
>not sure if love is a real thing or just something people pretend exists in order to profit from others

Sometimes I get this strange feeling that the world outside my apartment doesn't exist. Feels like if I opened the door leading into the hallway, there would just be a black empty void. At classes, I somehow fool myself into thinking that I'm on good relations with those people just by observing them. Eventually, I stop running into them and feel like I lost a friend that I never had while they never even knew I exist.
>>
>>16631231
Dude, where are you from? You are like the exact copy of me. I'm 22, virgin, live alone study at university, similar fucking profession, 2 friends. That's fucking creepy how accurately you described my life.

I'm going to start doing some shit to get rid of bad habits like sitting infront of a fucking computer all day long. And this time it's serious. Started nofap week ago, going to start hitting gym and go out spend time with people somewhere on weekends.
>>
>>16631231
>>16631335

can i get in touch with you guys?
>>
>>16631475
Email me
[email protected]
it's >>16631335
>>
>>16630205
I've been lonely for 22 years. take a wild guess as to how old I am. People, including women, don't like me 'cause I'm a selfish prick. I'm one of few people that feels more lonely the more crowded a place is. I'm about a 7/10 on the looks scale too, but if you're a self-centered elitist nobody likes you, especially if you drink(like ive been doing now). Should probably just keep drinking or put a buckshot in my brain. or not whine on the web. or drink more. or pick a prostitute and call it a night.
>>
this is the longest i've been dateless/sexless and it's really starting to wear on me, especially when i spend a lot of time around couples

idk if i want a relationship or if i just want to feel wanted/useful again, but it's irrelevant since there's no one around to pursue. even if there was, money is super tight and i don't have a car and don't feel like i could bring a lot to relationship right now even if i wanted to. i hate being dependent on my partner and i don't want them to feel like they have to lower their standards cuz i'm in a rut cuz that breeds resentment and shit

my mom always tells me that relationships happen when you stop looking for em, so i guess i'll try that.
>>
>>16631553
Your mom is full of shit, put your dick in a less attractive, but still reasonable chick. She's out there but too shy to ask YOU out. You probably already know her. P.S. blowjobs from fat chicks arent worth it.
>>
I think I've fallen in love with melancholy. 8 years ago when I was left alone I lashed out at the world unable to stand how unfair it all was, I hated all of the social norms and two faced people that I just flicked a switch and from there I begun a gradual transformation within myself, it wasnt easy but I reached this kind of serinity where I am easily pleased and sensations are so much more intense for me; the wind on my face, good food, laughing at how unfair life is almost like its all a ongoing joke.
Being alone isn't so bad eventually if you can achieve the right mind set, I just want the mind set where I was so depressed that I wanted to die and so had nothing to lose and so never cared about any kind of consequence, I miss that I want it back and being suicidal kind of felt like a adventure as every new day felt like progress.
>>
>>16631612
You're gonna fucking die either way. have fun on the way dummy.
>>
>>16631624
its exciting to find out what really happens though isnt it? I feel too content all the time, I bet some culture out there is like that. I feel happy never saying a word and just enjoying another persons presence but thats just not enough for most people and a constant need for entertainment is needed .. i just dont feel human it feels unrealistic to expect any friendships now, I've tried so many times but through self sabotage and betrayal it just didn't work out.
Its nice to talk to people who know how it feels though it seems like alot of you are in that stage where you dont want to accept being alone.
>>
I'm stupid for falling for someone I knew would just use me temporarily, stupid for calling it off and stupid for being sad over it when he proved me right. He did just use me for brief affection, he did just want a bit of attention. As soon as I realised just how little he cared for me and called it off he's spending all his time with his ex again and telling everyone how he wants them back together. I'm stupid because I even posted a while back on /adv/ predicting this outcome and despite being advised to end it immediately I let it continue until it did actually hurt me. I'm a moron with only myself to blame for this feeling, no time machine and just forced to accept this is what I caused. Lonely? Definitely, but here I am moping, wallowing in self pity and venting on an anonymous image board because of my stupidity. Should I smile now that he's happy and not depressed? I should, but I can't stop focusing on myself.
>>
>>16631724

Long backstory, but a friend told me something dear to me:

'A random act of kindness could change the world - Buddha - .

'Sometimes kindness is kindness towards yourself.' - thisgirl -

What I'm trying to say is that you should be happy for him, but you need to forget about him. You need to think about yourself and find a way to keep yourself busy. It's hard, I know, but these things take time. I'm going trough a time as well, but i need to take small steps at a time.
>>
>>16631785
I just feel stupid for feeling like this to begin with. We weren't together for very long, I knew this would be the general outcome before I even said yes to him and I shouldn't be feeling this way when I broke it off on the grounds of advising he be with the person he actually can love and trust. I don't have any reason to feel sad, this is entirely caused by my own actions knowing I was going to be a distraction. Seeking ways to keep busy is probably all I can do now, other than just think of how stupid this whole thing is. Otherwise I'm gonna sit here wondering just how quickly things changed, all the things he used to say about his ex to how things are right now, just a week after it ended. That's not even a rebound that's just my prediction being right. So, if I knew what I was doing why was I stupid enough to be able to be hurt by it at the end? I think I really, really wanted to be wrong all the way until it ended

Really, thank you for your kind reply. At the moment I'm just wallowing in self pity and reflecting on how dumb I managed to be.
>>
I wish I had some close, face to face, intimacy with someone else. Another person to tell me their secrets and walk in the woods with. Talk about weird stuff with them. I don't know how that could happen, unfortunately.
>>
Spent NYE alone. My one good irl friend is moving away in 3-4 months. On the fence about trying to date again since it usually goes poorly for me.

I'm trying to figure out how to put myself out there more so, but meetup is shit and our college clubs are limited. I dunno, it's more of extreme boredom than anything.

>>16631863
>So, if I knew what I was doing why was I stupid enough to be able to be hurt by it at the end?
Emotions arent really rational. I've seen god knows how many people otherwise rational people go insane because of a crush.
>>
I see hundreds of thousands of people a day, but none of them know I exist. I can go anywhere at anytime, but I often find myself with nowhere to go. I haven't spoken a word in the last 48 hours. I look for companionship for hours every night, and have come up empty handed almost every time for years now. I only need one person in my life, but I don't know who or where she is.
>>
me i am lonely
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.