[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any idea what's wrong with me? Whenever I stand near speakers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: billmurray.gif (241KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
billmurray.gif
241KB, 640x480px
Any idea what's wrong with me?

Whenever I stand near speakers with heavy bass it messes up my heart. Not sure what happens to it but my heart starts feeling really tight like it's squeezing, and a bit painful, and I have to go outside to stop it.

I have slow pulse in general and a bubble popping sound that happens in time with my heart from time to time when I have an adrenaline dump.
>>
>>16627987

how heavy? how loud? i have similar issues when my uncle would jack up the volume max on his car. had it since i was a kid. never been a fatty or had blood issues or anything.
>>
It's normal to "feel" extremely loud bass in your chest and really bad for you. Don't hang out with EDMfags.
>>
Sounds pretty normal to me bro. Sound waves are very much real and when loud enough can travel through your body strong enough that you feel it in the form of pressure.

Looks to me like you're overly worried.
>>
>>16627997
>>16627997
Not sure... It has happened at two nightclubs now. The first time it happened I didn't get ill but I felt EXTREMELY uneasy and anxious as fuck. I just sat there but inside I felt like running up the walls. It was the vibrations rather than the music that did it.

This time I was once again in a club. The guy had the bass on VERY high it sounded like but it's hard to judge. Anyway this time instead of just feeling a bit uneasy when the vibrations were hitting I started to feel REALLY weird and my heart started squeezing really tight and feeling very painful. I had to go outside. I came back in after about 5 minutes and it happened again.

Everybody else at the venue was fine. I have gone to clubs many times but this has just happened the last few times I've been and this time it was accompanied by pain.

Do you have any idea what is the underlying reason for this?
>>
>>16628015

its hard to say. if ur fat or high cholesterol or something that might factor in. it sounds medical so either way you will have to consult a doctor if you are worried about it.
>>
I am an sound engineer and get blasted with 10 - 30 hz subbass frequently.. unless you have a pacemaker, dont be a pussy.
>>
>>16628021
Yeah they put me on an ECG I skip beats and pulse is slow but nothing else they could see.
>>16628034
It's got nothing to do with being a pussy, I swear to god my heart was seizing up. I've been going to clubs for a long time this has started kinda recently. In the past when I was exposed to heavy bass I did not have issues but recently it makes me extremely ill:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1234191/Student-complained-loud-bass-music-getting-heart-dropped-dead-freshers-party-day-enrolling-university.html

I literally feel the exact same thing. But he had Long QT I think. I don't have those symptoms.
>>
>>16628056
you could literally be killed by any other loud noise in that frequency range. The hearts "electrical system“ should not be affected, the electrical power of the bass in the air is not being completely absorbed by the heart, and the power that is being absorbed is too small to cause even a feint shock.

Try this, order woven copper fabric and line the inside of a jacket with it. If you dont feel a noticeable difference in your chest from the bass, then you're likely just imagining it. The fabric acts as a makeshift faraday cage to isolate your body from the electrical waves.
>>
>>16628113
also I should add I'm a packaday smoker with a heart murmor that eats arterie clogging pizza often. my heart isn't much better than the next guys.
>>
>>16628113
That copper idea is nuts, I'm legitimately going to make an undershirt out of the stuff.

What do you think killed the guy in that news story by the way? Do you think it was to do with the electrical power or something else?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.