[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scared of flying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1438385403210.jpg (46KB, 856x468px) Image search: [Google]
1438385403210.jpg
46KB, 856x468px
I have a flight in 6 hours and I'm growing scared by the minute, how do you deal with it /adv/?
>>
>>16623313
Chew gum while they lift off.
>>
>better chance of being struck by lightning then plane crashing
>you could just drink a lot before the flight
>take a lot of sleeping pills and knock the fuck out
>use music to de-stress yourself on flight
>bring a stressball to squeeze on
>keep yourself occupied with books, movies, music
>>
>>16623318
I will try to do so
>>16623337
I know that from a statistical viewpoint worrying is dumb as fuck, but with all the stuff that you hear lately and coupled with the fact that tomorrow is new year's eve, I can't help it. And it's not even the first time that I take a plane dammit.
>>
accept the possibility of your death
at least that's how I deal with it
works everytime
>>
>>16623411
>possibility

Everyone dies

How it happens is irrelevant, its not like you can reflect back on it when you're dead
>>
>>16623411
Damn it anon
>>
>>16623313
context
>>
I dont sleep the night before flying so that by the time I board I will immediately fall asleep in my seat.
I developed this habit after I've lived on an island and had this paranoid thought it would one day fall into the seas.
>>
>>16624242
Well, I also live on an island, so you nailed it one of my fears related to flying
>>
>>16624264
Some people would say drinking before flying to loosen your nerves, but considering compressed cabin = dehydration + alcohol = more dehydration = not good.
I just make sure I fall asleep and if I'm on a long flight, that I have all my favourite snacks with me so I can wake up cozy. Anything that will distract my mind from the fact that I'm in the air.
>>
>>16623313

a lot of people get prescription relaxation meds from their doc before flying. its apparently legal for them to write a prescription for just 2 or 3 pills for a flight.

that being said, all other meds are legal as well. if you take a melatonin before going on it will relax you and maybe even put you to sleep.

if you REALLY cant do it, take some nyquil, just have someone there to pick you up and help you off the plane after, depending on flight time.

if its not too long just drink a beer or two. they offer them before and often during the flight cuz its an easy way to relax.

wish i could help more but you're a little late to the party. trust me its no big deal though. i fly quite a lot and its an amazing experience every time.
>>
OP here.
Thanks for the suggestions anons, I feel kinda at ease now. And my flight is a short one anyway (1h30m) so it should be alright. If the thread is still alive I will report back.
>>
>>16624810
Pray to god if you are a theist it will help you with the nervosism
>>
Well I'm not dead
>>
>>16623426
according to philosophy you can't make that claim because not everyone is dead yet

pro tip: i've been alive for 600 years i know what i'm talking about
>>
File: 1450920845264.jpg (288KB, 642x1243px) Image search: [Google]
1450920845264.jpg
288KB, 642x1243px
>>16625480

Oh yeah me too I'm actually a transgender dragonkin that's been reincarnated several times with specializations in both arcane and fire magic
>>
Two things :

1. I've flown a lot
2. I don't care if I die
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.