[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting wisdom teeth removed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: cSMy7Oq.jpg (64KB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
cSMy7Oq.jpg
64KB, 600x444px
So I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow and I'm pretty anxious about the whole thing. I remember my cousins got theirs pulled and they all went through what seemed like hell.
Both of my parents never had theirs taken out so I really don't know what to expect. Can anyone shed some light on it please?
Pic unrelated
>>
>>16615586
youll get high as fuck off that gas and hopefully get some rad pillz to abuse
>>
The actual surgery itself is nothing. If your teeth are very impacted, you might be in for quite the recovery. Have an ice pack on hand, take your painkillers, and don't try eating solid food before you're ready. Oh, and make sure to drink (but not suck!) a lot of fluids/water. Dry sockets suck ass.
>>
Omg it's not bad for everyone. If they aren't impacted it's a very simple extraction & you don't even need to go to sleep. I had mine out and they were not impacted so I didn't get any gas only numbed and I took alleve for pain, didn't need the narcotics they had presevribed.
>>
I went under general anesthesia (I think because my mouth is very small) and I honestly had a blast. They put a warm blanket on you and you sleep through the whole thing. Got some sweet opiates for after. Was just gross drooling blood for a few days but I felt fucking great. The only problem was the "dissolvable" stitches didn't come off nicely so I had an annoying string hanging off my gums for a while. Overall would do again 10/10
>>
File: percocet.jpg (38KB, 550x367px) Image search: [Google]
percocet.jpg
38KB, 550x367px
>>16615616
this.

my brother got some percocets after his surgery and never used them so I swiped that shit asap
>>
depends on what kind of surgery youre having

general anesthesia? just gas? only local anesthetics?
>>
>>16615710
I'm doing general anesthesia
>>
>>16615586

it was a miserable experience but no more miserable than say, having the flu. the hardest part for me was not being able to eat solid foods as soon as i wanted. i broke the rules though bought a big bulky burger and ripped a LOT of stitches.

i didnt even get knocked out they just gave me a shot in the gums and started ripping it, and some pill beforehand.
>>
>>16615586
The scariest thing for me was getting knocked out and losing time. The needle went in, then suddenly I was on my couch at home. There's a half memory of my mom walking me out to the car, but it's so hazy that I can't be sure if it's real or not.
>>
Are they impacted? If they're not, it'll seriously feel like almost nothing. All four of mine were impacted and the recovery still wasn't very rough.
>>
>>16616671
Two of mine are already out and not impacted at all. One is slightly impacted and the other one I guess is pretty impacted because the surgeon said he needs to cut away a little but of my jaw bone to get it
>>
Not being knocked out sounds fucking horrifying.
I was totally out for mine, and the surgery felt like I blinked and that was it. No sense of time passing even.
>>
>>16616492
Then no worries at all, the surgery is literally absolutely nothing. Just a tiny IV, and it'll feel like you opened and closed your eyes.
A few hours later when the pain meds start wearing down it starts to suck but it's not mind blowingly awful or anything.
>>
>>16615586
I had all 4 pulled when I was highschool.

The surgery was the easiest part. They turned on the gas and next thing I know I'm waking up to some hot ass nurse telling me it was over. Never felt a thing.

Now the nightmare started afterwards when I smoked a ciggy and also drank a milkshake thru a straw (both of which they told me not to do) and that's when I got dry sockets. And the only way to fix the dry sockets is they stuff cloves into the sockets---I don't know why :( So for like a week or so everything I ate or drank tasted like cloves and to this day if I smoke a clove cigarette I will vomit.

Another shitty part about the dry sockets is they gave me this little water syringe that I had to use to squirt water into the dry sockets to remove all the food that got stuck in them <----ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!
>>
>>16615633
>>16616671
What does impacted mean?
>>
I had mine taken out late August, it was nothing. The worst part was not being able to eat for a few days. I was put under, I woke up with no pain and no idea what had happened. Went home and ate some jello and slept. Then I spent a week just zoned out on painkillers watching netflix. Over all I enjoyed the experience, no joke.

Take the pain killers like instructed, though, I tried taking just one painkiller even though I could take 2 at a time and the pain made me wanna die. And i was supposed to take them with food, I didn't once and I felt so sick. So follow instructions, all of them, even the weird ones like salt rinses and not using straws, and you'll be golden.
>>
I woke up from the surgery in tears because of the pain. They put me on pain killers and put an ice pack on my face and that helped loads. That was the worse pain so it was good that happened in the hospital. Mentally day 5 was the hardest because I was still in pain and still couldn't eat solid food. But once the stitches were removed, so was the pain.
>>
>>16616749
there are anesthetics/antibiotics that are basically clove extract, used in dentistry.
they were giving you the 'herbal' version.
>>
>jaw large enough to accomodate wisdom teeth with absolutely no issues
Feels good man
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.