[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Technical advice needed. What are the best ways to get those

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: confusion-face.png (20KB, 100x97px) Image search: [Google]
confusion-face.png
20KB, 100x97px
Technical advice needed.

What are the best ways to get those people who say,
>"Only God can judge me"
or
>"You don't know my life, don't judge"
to shut the fuck up?
>>
>>16612991
Ignore it. People who say shit like that are the same type who will cause a fuck ton of drama if they feel slighted by you. Just stop hanging out in trailer parks bro.
>>
>>16612997
But anon, I want these people to never use that goddamn phrase again. That level of shut-the-fuck-uppery.
>>
>>16613006
You start minding your own business instead? You sound like a huge asshat anon.
>>
>>16613009
Because I am, but that's not the point. These are the kinds of people that expect you to kiss their ass because they think they've had it harder than you. Hell, the people who really HAVE, don't expect you to bow down and treat them like fucking royalty.
>>
>>16613009
Edit: I don't actively seek out people who say these things. It's more of when we might be in a heated debate, or they did stupid shit or I did stupid shit, then they use that as an excuse for their actions.
>>
"Don't judge me" is what has defined the millennial generation. It's the excuse your average millennial uses almost every day of their lives.

When they do disgusting shit?
>Don't judge me, man!
When they are addicted to drugs?
>Don't judge me, man!
When they're lazy, unemployed and claiming government benefits?
>Don't judge me, man!
When they get drunk and end up doing stupid shit?
>Don't judge me, man!

It's a narcissistic defense that defines a narcissistic generation. You can't get around it. Best way to go about things is to find people who aren't narcissists, as few and far between as they are.
>>
>>16613011
>>16613018
Again, you react by being the bigger man and don't let yourself get dragged down to their level. I agree with you, that this is a phrase used quiet liberal. And it can be annoying. But it doesn't have to be your business, really. If somebody tells you this, you probably have judged them/tgeir actions in one way or another. And that - clearly- isn't your job. You can decide, in silence, that this person is not worth your time, based on what they just said/did. But you don't have to voice these thoughts. You just get over it and move on.
Could you give me an example of a situation you are thinking off?
>>
>>16613031
There's a very good chance you are a part of that generation.
>>
>>16613031
So, why do you feel entitled to judge? And why do you care if somebody does these things? They are ruining their lives, sure. But why waste energy on people like that? Put that energy to use to work on your own life, so you never end up being the one having to defend his actions.
>>
>>16612991
Just repeat "judge not, lest ye be judged".
>>
>>16613044
In defense of that, some people hate to watch others be lazy and not contribute to society. Logically, if as many people contribute as possible, then the faster we as a society can advance.
>>
>>16613031
The reason that may be so is because that generation perceives the world as fucked up anyway. It's more like a "Well your generation didn't do any better so don't you fucking judge me" than an excuse, really.

That doesn't make it right, though, obviously.
>>
>>16613044
I wouldn't care if they were only ruining their own lives. They're trying to remove the stigma surrounding immoral acts in order to make them appear socially acceptable. All this leads to the decline of civilized behavior.
>>
>>16613054
I am more than willing to believe that 50's kids weren't as fucking stupid as today's.
>>
>>16613053
And you think judging them and feeling superior will change that? You have a lot to learn anon
>>
>>16613071
You better think again. You see those ages troug pink sunglasses. Put them down for a change
>>
>>16613069
And you care about this because? As long as you keep up your moral standarts you really can't do much more about it. Everything else will make you an entitled asshole really
>>
>>16613079
Yeah but social media didn't encourage people to go out into public and randomly try to mug people, then saying "It was just a prank, bro".

I mean I'm sure they had their own hijinks but not nearly at the level of retardation as today.
>>
File: 1450511151204.gif (907KB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
1450511151204.gif
907KB, 245x184px
>>16612991
These are things people say when they want to end a discussion, telling them to shut the fuck up when they're already disinterested is asinine. They might be right, they might be wrong, but the conversation doesn't need to go past that point.
>>
>>16613073
It's not a matter of superiority. For instance, I know well and good that I'm no better or worse than them. But they don't really acknowledge that, since they think they have leverage to do whatever the fuck they want.
>>
>>16613069
>don't do things i deem immoral.
>don't defend doing things i find immoral.
>it's a Trilby, not a fedora.
>>
>>16613090
You're really doing a lot of assuming and implying for "them" and "they". That doesn't prove or validate anything.
>>
>>16613084
Yeah, but if you do this shit, you would have been a terrible person in the 50's too. Y'know, the age where it was absolutely normal to beat your kids? When it was normal to drag a "nigger" trough town behind a truck? Yeah, so innocent and peacefull...
>>
>>16613080
Because I don't want me or any future offspring I might have to live in a society where being an immature delinquent impervious to reason or judgement is commended and upheld as the standard one should strive for.

Because civilization is more than just economic transactions or technology, or mobile phones, or fashion, or any of the other bullshit people think is important. It's also about values, and what a society values will determine whether or not it prospers in the future.

As things stand, the widespread loss of honor and personal responsibility for one's actions is leading to societal decay.
>>
>>16613096
In reference to the generalized population of people who use this term frequently.
>>
>>16613092
Well meme'd, Reddit.
>>
>>16613107
Holy shit that was kinda beautiful. I'm impressed, anon.
>>
>>16613111
Excellent rebuttal.
>>
>>16613119
What rebuttal do you expect, when all you did is spout a meme with absolutely no argument whatsoever?
>>
>>16613120
Not unlike you did twice now?
>>
>>16613107
Again, i agree with you, but you seem to completely see past the fact that society has made GREAT progress in that direction. You only see what's wrong with our world. Have you ever took the time to look for the things we do so, SO much better than some decades ago? Society is growing every day. And it won't stop. You kids won't have it any harder than you did. They will probably have a lot of advances (and i don't talk about technology...) you can only dream of.
Do you really think it will make for a better world if you had a reponse to this phrase that will shut people off? No. In fact, you would be one of those people adding to social "detoriatio". You see, nothing good comes from putting others down. Why don't you try to see past their actions and words and see what they really want?
>>
>>16613107
Your desire to shut down delinquents isn't preventing moral decay anon.
>>
>>16613127
I believe that the middle ground between great things and awful things is fading rapidly, and that the two are separating further and further apart with each passing year. It seems that the things that are acknowledged both good and bad, are both wildly apart. We're discovering how to travel faster than light speed while simultaneously the new cool thing for kids to do is go smoke pot with their assholes and post it on instagram.
>>
>>16613127
Technology is the only thing we've made great progress in and that's been bottlenecking these past 5 years. Look around you. The middle class is declining. We have more people on food stamps than ever before. Drug use and instant gratification have become the norm. Divorce rates are through the roof. There's a school shooting multiple times a year.

I don't know where all that progress you're talking about is.
>>
>>16613130
The entirety of society and culture isn't going to move in the speed or direction you find most beneficial. It never has, even before social media. It's only shone a light on what was already there. At the same time those "degenerates" are posting party pictures on Instagram, you are posting complaints about them on a Croatian dyslexic cartoonist enthusiast board. How is that any more beneficial?
>>
>>16613150
There's already been a great deal of insight handed out in this one thread alone. While not having a physical embodiment, perhaps this knowledge can be utilized elsewhere.
>>
>>16613134
Divorce rates are grossly exaggerated when you look at how that actually get their numbers.
>>
>>16613130
Yoi just don't know how many young guys in the 50's have secretly fucked a cow. Because there haven't been /b/ and a camera ro spread it. Doesn't mean it didn't happen. You still don't open your eyes to reality. People aren't any better or worse today. People of the 50's have just been lucky to be able to do those shitty stuff without any evidence. Especially not 60 years later.
>>
>>16613182
I agree with that except to a certain degree.

Most youngins back then didn't try to say "Fuck the Popo" without expecting repercussions. But that's only because policemen were allowed to beat the fuck out of them if they did. Very parted. Is it the society that created the nation, or the nation that created the society?
>>
>>16613202
It's the same with kids. If you can only keep people low with getting physical, you are a very sad excuse of a human being. I got kids myselfe and it isn't exactly easy to teach them a sense of responsibility and respect if you don't have a beating up your sleeve. Don't get me wrong, i am very glad i don't beat my kids! I feel like the quality of the respect they have is much higher if you don't instill it with fear. It's just harder. For example: you have a teenage boy and his grades are starting to get bad. In the 50's he knew very well that he had to get his shit together if he doesn't want his dad to beat him black and blue. So he learned out of fear. Not because he had a joy for learning or wanted to improve himselfe. Today, we are basing more things on intrinsic motivation. Which might result in a drop of morals first. Imagine if you suddenly stopped beating that teenage boy in the 50's. He would surely stop learning and start procrastinating. He would slack around a while and maybe someday find out that he is only harming himselfe and that his dad only wanted the best for him. But the dad didn't know how to really connect and motivate his son. So he turned to violence. The same is true for society. Death sentences are scary. They might keep a rapist from raping that little girl. But don't you think you would rather life in a world where you don't have to scare people wirh deth sentences but instead help them have some sense of moral? That's what society is working at. But atm we might be in the "yippy, no more beating, let's just play video games all day long instead of studying" phase. We will grow out of that.
>>
>>16613202
fucking bootlicker
>>
>>16612991
"As long as you interact with other people and your actions affect other people, you have to accept that other people have the right to judge you"
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.