[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 27 years old. During my college years, I had some serious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I'm 27 years old. During my college years, I had some serious mental health issues. I had trouble controlling my anger and scared a lot of people. I almost made some insensitive jokes and hurt a good number of friends. Needless to say, I lost almost all of my friends. At this point, I only talk to a couple people I knew from that time period.

I've tried reaching out and apologizing to some of them, but most haven't been open to reconciling. I live in a new town, where I know no one. I'm scared of making new friends, but I have a hard time reaching out to old ones for fear of rejection or bringing up bad memories. To make matters worse, my mental health has made it difficult to hold a job and I still live with my parents.

What should I do?
>>
Get medication and therapy, then a job. Make frinds out of coworkers.
>>
>>16595263

Uh, see a doctor? If your mental health is ruining your life, there's a pretty easy solution.

I have a friend who is bipolar and would relapse into his states whenever he felt like he was over it and didn't need the medicine. But when he was on the medicine he was fine.
>>
>>16595279
Thanks for the advice. Medication hasn't helped, but I'm starting therapy next week. I'm friends with a couple of my co-workers--I found a part-time job--but I don't want to get too close or I might fuck up and lose my job.
>>
>>16595280
>bipolar

I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, but the medication didn't do much.
>>
>>16595291
>>16595288
There's many medications and miss diagnosis in the world of mental health. You can always get a second opinion and other medication.
Also it generally takes a few weeks of taking meds for the effects to be noticeable.
>>
>>16595299
That's true, but I took the medication for six months, with increasing dosages. It barely worked.

As for misdiagnosis, the first few doctors thought I had depression and, later, anxiety. Bipolar came up when I described the insanity I experienced while taking depression medication.
>>
>>16595263
Bumping for advice. Should I continue reaching out to old friends or try to make new ones?
>>
>>16595343
no harm in trying to get back in touch with old friends but you always wanna make friends where you live.

as for anger, i had some anger built up for a while. then one day i sat there, refusing to let myself think about anything, just feeling my emotions out. they translated into thoughts and i ended up feeling so sad. half because i realized all my anger was sadness, yet i was pushed past my limit with sadness and that's where anger gets channeled. the other half was because i felt so sad for anyone who has to experience anger. both of these realizations brought me to tears. why did it start turning into anger? because i couldn't handle that level of sadness anymore and this was the only way my ego knew how to cope. whatever's going on, you have to figure out what's hurt you. whether it's made you angry or sad, it all ends up in the same place and converts to anger because you've been pushed past your limit for what seems to be a long time now. i hope this helps, and you should try what helped me come to this understanding.
>>
>>16595350
Thanks for the advice. That makes a lot of sense. I'll try that out. Meditation has been helpful in the past.
>>
>>16595362
glad to help. i hope everything works out. give it your all and i'm sure it will
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.