[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got to go to the dentist tomorrow to get a cavity filled and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

I got to go to the dentist tomorrow to get a cavity filled and I'm more than likely going to get a numbing shot with it. Any advice to deal with the pain? I seriously hate this shot more than anything and the last time I had it done I swatted the shot out of my mouth because it hurt so bad. How painful would it be if I just had them do the filling without the shot?
>>
>>16592334

Is my dentist just doing it wrong then? It seems like every time they do it, the pain is worse than breaking a bone, but when I tell others about it, they say the shot was nothing
>>
File: Glean.jpg (188KB, 713x480px) Image search: [Google]
Glean.jpg
188KB, 713x480px
Q: What is the biological purpose of pain, OP?
>>
File: Exhort.jpg (575KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Exhort.jpg
575KB, 1200x1200px
>>16592342
Does he put the pre-numbing goo in first?

Does he distract you by tugging your cheek while injecting?
>>
>>16592350

I don't think I've ever had the goo stuff used on me at all but the cheek tugging sounds familiar does the goo stuff help?
>>
>>16592321
When they give me the N02, I barely even notice that kind of shit.

Ask for the Nitrous. Tell them you're nervous about the shot. They'll give that to you, and then give you the topical numbing stuff and then the actual shot doesn't hurt. Or you just don't notice it.
>>
>>16592321
My dentist rubs the inside and outside of my cheek as she is putting the needle in and squirting that shit in. The shots she does are the least painful I've ever had, and I've had plenty of fillings (not proud of it by any means).
>>
>>16592359

Thanks! I've had laughing gas before but I don't remember if it ever had an effect on me but I'll be sure to give it another go along with the gel
>>
>worse than breaking a bone
What kind of hood ass fucking shit dentists are you people dealing with? It never hurts that bad for me
>any advice to deal with the pain
1- It takes them like 4 seconds you won't die. 2- It's numbing you from something that is far worse so don't take that for granted. 3- it's just a tiny fucking needle, all that pain is from is some broken tissue but other than that it's nothing like a broken bone. 4- smoke a joint maybe? 5- I hope you're a girl because you sound like a pussy
>>
File: Stainedglass.jpg (495KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
Stainedglass.jpg
495KB, 1300x866px
>>16592344
A: The purpose of pain is to help you avoid damaging your tissue.

Given that you are repairing tissue, the pain is only a sensation, not something bad happening.
>>
the shot's not really any more painful than a regular shot, so either your dentist is fucking up or you have a low pain tolerance.

I've also never had pre-numbing gel for the shot. just know that without that shot, you'd pass out from the pain
>>
>>16592368
>>16592378

It has been a couple of years since I've last had to have a cavity filled. Maybe my pain tolerance just sucked back then and all i can remember is how sucky it was. I donate blood all the time and take shots anywhere else like nothing so I'm not sure what it is about the shot in the mouth
>>
>>16592321
Ask for the goo. He applies a gel to your gum with his gloved finger, and then you don't feel the shot.
>>
>>16592321
Getting a filling without novacaine hurts like a motherfucker. Take the shot. I usually have to get another about halfway through because the first starts wearing off of wasn't all that effective in the first place. A root canal took me five.
Shit sucks but I've felt them drill and it is terrible. Especially when they hit nerve.
>>
Had this happen to me when I got my root canal. The whole point of the shot is to prevent pain. Also it feels like someone is pinching your cheek for like 2 secs and then you feel nothing. You are most likley going to get more than one but the others dont hurt at all . Just go in there and get it done with anon.
>>
I've had my teeth drilled without any meds and I'm a 5'1" grill

man up
>>
>>16593342
Not for nothing, but how does your height have anything to do with this?

Op still needs to be a man about the dentist.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.