[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>gf and her family are going to south america >only reason

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: mase596838547nothing.jpg (39KB, 700x392px) Image search: [Google]
mase596838547nothing.jpg
39KB, 700x392px
>gf and her family are going to south america
>only reason my gf can afford it is because her parents are paying for her
>cant afford to go atm but her parents to seem get it and keep telling me they'll look at cheaper flights
>continue to tell them I cant go
> I want to go but it just means ill be broke when I get back
Why should/shouldn't I go, why shouldn't I ?
>>
>>16591814
you'd know that better than me man. it's a tough decision but it should definitely be your call =/
>>
To me that would be a pretty obvious no.
>>
>>16591814
You'd be a drag and look like a beta in the eyes of her parents and her. Strategic withdrawal.
>>
>>16591842
why is that?
>>16591852
is that because I'm giving in to what they're scheme
>>
>>16591863
A parent wants their kid to be with someone who is able to support. If you don't have enough money for a vacation, How will you support their daughter?

Don't ever admit money issues to gf's or their family.

Such is the dating mating game.
>>
>>16591879
Im 26, still at uni and working part time, how do normal parents expect this? theyre both retired and can afford it
theyre just not taking no for an answer
>>
what actually makes this situation more retarded is that they say I should fly business class when I can barely afford economy, I dont get this
>>
>>16591902
I don't agree with the whole money to play concept. It's just how many cultures operate.

If you don't mind being a few thousands $ down the hole, do it. If money is not an object and you're looking for bonding and a good time, the $ is meaningless.

YOUR priorities are what counts.
>>
>>16591930
what does money play mean?
>>
>>16591930
sorry money to play?
>>
>>16591814

You seem like a level headed and non misogynistic anon, so I'll bite.

Why don't you tell us a little more about this situation.

>Why South America?
>Do you have any interest in South America?
>Has your girlfriend or her family ever appeared to be shallow?
>How broke will you be? Like literally zero dollars or just have a little struggle paying the bills for a few months?
>Will her parents help with the finances involved in the trip at all?
>>
>>16591863
>why is that?
Because spending money you can't spare is an irresponsible decision that will make your life harder than it had to be on the following months. South America isn't expensive, but I'm sure they'll spend a ton in dining, tours and attractions, and you'll be miserable and self-conscious counting your coins, or feeling bad because they're paying for you - which will later be leverage, and anyone in her family will be able to say they threw money on you and call you ungrateful if you ever disappoint them. Stay put on your decision, explain you have expenses for the next year and that it would just be a bad idea to spend such money now.
>>
>>16591945
Basically, think of a soda machine. You want a drink, you put your money in.

You want to be in a relationship, you have to be able to be somewhat financially stable.

Not all families or females are like this, but enough of them are for it to be a common concern.
>>
>>16591957
>Basically theyre going theyre because my gf's sister lives there
>my gf is extremely manipulative and trys to control in any situation she can especially tries to exercise her dominance in front of people which I don't let happen and ends up in a screaming match by the end of it (she claims to be like this because if she not calling the shots then I am) - same situation with her parents, the mother rules over the family
>I will be down a lot of money, not to mention to even live a normal daily routine of by food and bills
>The parents are paying for any food an expenses and what not,
>my gf told me that her parents would spot me half the money and I would pay them back, but when she questioned me again i asked about the spotting of the money and she wants some contractual agreement where I sign saying that my bank will give the money weekly, which makes me not want to go

>on top of this her dad is always cracking jokes about me not having a proper job, how hard is it to understand that im still trying to get my life on track, they both told me at my age they never spent money this that and theyre trying to manipulate me into doing this
>>
>>16591977
i am financially stable, just not for random trips that her parents keep wanting me to go on
>went on a trip with them 2 months ago and now they're manipulating me to go on this one to
>>
>>16591977
my head just fucked because of how manipulative they are
>>
>>16592198
Tell them to fuck off and not go. I feel mean saying that but tyhey all sound like cunts.
>>
Wtf is wrong with ur gf's parents?
>>
>>16592077
They're trying to get you to go so an eye is kept on you the whole time so you don't cheat on her
>>
>>16592774
does anyone else agree with this paranoia?
>>
>>16591814
You should go if you're an absolute idiot about your finances. Otherwise stay back, you won't die without her for a week.
>>
>>16592851
Its actually gotta worse :/ they still think they can manipulate me to GI....and they're not stopping until I go, I might have to leave this whole situation
>>
>>16592886
How about talking to her about how pushy her parents are and how uncomfortable it's making you?
>>
>>16592891
Your joking right? I've tried to a thousand times its like talking to a Brick wall hey
>>
>>16592894
So break up. It's clearly affecting you relationship, and making it intolerable.
>>
>>16592896
How can one just break up over something like that, they're manipulative, she's learnt it from the mother, plus they're obviously stubborn rich ppl that don't understand what it's like doing it hard
>>
>>16592903
... Stop whining and get it over with. You know she's manipulative, so expect it and deal. Throw her manipulations on her face. How long will you stay chained to this crazy family for? Imagine later if she gets you to marry her, it will only get worse.
>>
>>16592908
They tried to ages ago
>>
>>16592903
Just say its over you're a manipulative cunt and fuck your parents too. And then ignore anything she says back, if you dont then you arent looking for advice your looking to complain about a situation you are keeping yourself in.
>>
>>16593836
True, makes a lot of sense.
I spoke to her then about her parents manipulating me and she said "manipulation is just a word"
She pretty much laughed in my face and said that ill never get another opportunity like this again
>i cant fucking afford it, her parents were'nt willing to lend me money like they said, they wrre civil about it as if I was robbing them

wtf have i got myself into, my heads so fkd right now
>>
What am I not enforcing in this relationship ship, i think this is more relationship advice I'm after rather than advice as to what to do in this manipulative situation
>>
>>16594062
The solution to both questions is the same: dump her sorry ass
>>
>>16594084
I do love her but its now a toxic relationship , how do I get my brain to want to let go?
>>
>>16594099
You don't. Getting over a breakup is always more beneficial than staying in a toxic relationship. Take that as you will.
>>
>>16594109
Ok so what do people that a toxic people get out of fucking over people like me, in a relationship?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.