[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Having feelings for a best female friend.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: wutisit.jpg (4KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
wutisit.jpg
4KB, 300x168px
So lately I have been having sexual feelings towards a very long time female friend of mine. How do I approach this? I do care for her a lot...I think our friendship has grown to something more than just best friends though...Aside from parents and family she is the only person I can think that I love and truly care about.
>>
>>16587687
More info m8
>>
>>16587696
like what
>>
>>16587698
Does she fancy you? What do you want to achieve? How close you two are? She single?
>>
>>16587704
doubtful...very close..yes
>>
>>16587708
Ask her out then
>>
>>16587708
sorry...I mean no..she is in a relationship..not a very healthy one but a relationship indeed.
>>
>>16587716
So if she's taken you gotta respect that and back off
>>
File: 1391108585360.jpg (42KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1391108585360.jpg
42KB, 300x300px
>>16587687

Two things:

1. You need to do a bit of soul searching and decide for sure whether or not this is romantic love or just a bit of confusion with your relationship. Being close friends with someone of the opposite sex can be confusing because the closeness can often be misconstrued for romance.

The same thing happens often times with therapists and their patients. In times of stress people often blur the lines of intimacy.

Think about it, ponder it, and decide whether or not this is a mutual experience or maybe a one-sided none.

2. Accept the fact that SHOULD THIS FAIL you will possibly be jeopardizing the friendship. Not saying that you shouldn't tell her, only that if you decide to and her feelings aren't mutual there is a solid chance that continuing the friendship might just be too weird for either her, you, or the both of you.

Just something to think about. There's a lot of risk here, its just up to you to calculate the evidence and decide whether or not its a risk worth taking.
>>
>>16587750
There is. I mean if there was a term above best friends this is what it would be. Maybe I am just confusing things. I have been stressed as of lately and I am terrible with expressing myself..she always has kind of had a way of just being relaxing to be around.
>>
Are you in a dry spell? Thirst is a thing.

My best friend and I ended up being FWB's at one point because it'd just been a long time since either of us had been in a relationship and had the company of another person, and she's gay. Loneliness kinda sucks for everyone.

You sure that's not what's going on?
>>
>>16587775

>tfw no lesbro fwb

why god
>>
>>16587775
Nah cant be it. I dont really feel lonely. I just feel nice when Im with her..like really nice
>>
>>16587778

Eh... put like that, maybe it sounds cool... but sometimes it's kind of like having a girlfriend without all the intimacy.

Still gotta deal with the wacky hormones, have periods where you have to walk on eggshells and can't be as blunt as you'd want to sometimes, and get vented at. They're close friends now, but I highly suspect when I first started trying to introduce them, she went out of her way to avoid meeting my girlfriend because minor jealousy (yes she's really gay. and has got a girlfriend she's super happy with).

Ultimately I love her, but I've definitely had a moment or two where I was pissed off with her enough to wondered if all the drama was worth dealing with to have her in my life. Oh, and while we were doing it, the sex was also kinda selfish too desu.

>>16587780
I get that, I do. Having had a few close female friends throughout my life, I get how those distinctions can be confusing. Just make sure this isn't you just blurring lines; especially because she's ALREADY in a relationship. Good or bad, like other anon said, you gotta respect that or you're just a bad friend.
>>
If she means that much to you, you should first understand that attempting to do anything beyond being friends will jeopardize the friendship.
So first, prepare to be able to just walk away and end the friendship. The way I see it, if you want more than just friends, it's worth the risk. It's much better that way than to continue hanging around her and letting her drag you around by the balls.
Man up and pull away from her for awhile. Don't talk to her very much. While you're away, get busy with yourself and do productive things you can be proud of doing. Grow as a man. Get straight A's in school. Lift. Do anything that will earn you life experience. Be content with yourself as an independent person.
If she starts initiating more conversation with you, bonus points if she wants to know why you're not so available, just casually assert that you're doing awesome things. Be positive and be outwardly happy with yourself. (If she doesn't talk to you much at this point, then it's best you leave her alone.) Basically, let her come to you, not you to her.
Around this time she might start wondering why she thinks about you so much. These kinds of thoughts can set a girl towards having feelings for you. At this point, the tables have turned, and you are the one who is desired.
When you feel comfortable and confident, spit some game. Like she's just another potential girlfriend. Because if what you're doing is working, she is.
Hang around her occasionally and make her feel feels. Get her emotional, make her laugh, get her to cry, get her alone with you.
Don't make any huge confessions of love. Let her do that, if it comes to that.
When the moment's right, and you will feel when it's right, you can make small moves on her, like putting your arm around her, or a little kiss. Basically you're just choppin it up with someone you like. Congratulations.
If she consistently rejects you, it's time to move on. She doesn't feel like you do and you will find happiness with someone else.
>>
Oh I do. Its weird though. Definitely a weird situation..we interact like a dating couple yet we are friends..definitely weird
>>
>>16587967
Im not sure what this is in response to.
>>
>16587982
This was in response to OP. He wanted to know how to approach the situation. I told him how I do it.
>>
>>16588113
>>16587982
>>
>>16588113
This is OP...All of those things are good ideas regarding trying to see if someone is interested but its different with her...not to sound generic or anything. She would just be by my side through all the things you mentioned. We talk about school together, workout together..regardless of our availability we always seem to get together at some point just to hang out.
>>
>>16588149
You never know until you try it. Sure, I don't know the kind of girl you're having this situation with, but I've been in similar situations. I'm speaking from experience here... it's worked for me literally half the time.
Whatever you do, good luck man. I hope you find what you're looking for.
>>
>>16588238
Thank you for your kind wishes
>>
File: 1448930718678.jpg (208KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1448930718678.jpg
208KB, 1920x1080px
>>16587687
Had the same situation, it's not going to happen. If she had feelings then there would of been a connection already. Get a girlfriend and see how she reacts. If she's jelous then there's a chance. If not then it's just not going to happen
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.