[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feel awkward and disliked at work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (83KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 630x420px
Does anyone else get this? I'm the "weird" person at work, being a very awkward unpassable mtf. I basically don't say anything to my coworkers unless they ask me directly and I feel like they all dread working with me because I don't know how to socialize with them. And lately I've been breaking out for some reason so I feel even worse.

With one or two of them I feel extremely awkward around. Yesterday the movie "Breakback Mountain" was brought up for some stupid reason and one guy started to say he felt grossed out but quickly stopped. He's one that calls me "he", which I don't care about so much. I really try not to care. Like I can be professional and work with whoever. Sometimes I just wish I fit in better or maybe had like one work friend. It's difficult being the weird quiet person. I'm almost dreading going back.
>>
>>16585693
If you're not passable mtf and have terrible social skills, then being your "true" self at work isn't the right call. Just dress up as a guy and don't add attention to yourself.
>>
>>16585699
I don't pass as a guy, either. It's obvious I'm taking hormones.
>>
>I've been breaking out for some reason
some reason?
>It's obvious I'm taking hormones.
>>
>>16585704
Well, if you can't socially defending yourself with a personality, then the only way you can project yourself is through your outer appearance. They can only judge you from it, since you're too awkward to get to know. I suggest you try to dress/look as conservative as you can at work without trying to draw attention. Eventually when you get better with social interactions, you can dress up in your own style. Otherwise, no one is going to take you seriously.
>>
>>16585713
We all wear the same uniform, and I just pull hair back into a ponytail. Sometimes I wear simple earrings.
>>
>>16585723
Eventually you're gonna leave this job so my advice for next time is to dress up as your male self. Hormones? So bind your boobs down. Don't even let ppl know you're MtF. Why am I saying you should hid yourself? Because youre obviously not ready for the world to see the real you. You need to figure out how to not be awkward/weird, unless you plan on being starred at all day.
>>
>>16585740
I'm telling you it's not really possible. I have very feminine facial features, have been having facial hair removed via laser. And have a very large Adam's apple. Even if I bound my breasts I don't think I could pass as either male or female. This is that awkward in-between stage that I'll likely be at for years while I try to save up for surgery to remove Adam's apple and other things.
>>
>>16585753
So youre saying justin beiber who looks like a chick couldnt pass as a boy?
>>
>>16585762
I don't really feel like arguing about whether or not I could look like a boy. I'm out already at work and there's no taking that back.
>>
>>16585693
>I'm the "weird" person at work, being a very awkward unpassable mtf.

I'd just like to say, that even if you were a passable mtf, or even just another guy, you'd still be the "weird" person at work.

Being awkward and a social retard automatically makes you a weird person.

Work on your social skills. That's something you can work on. You can't make your transition go faster, and you can't make other people accept you.

But you can become a more normal socially active human being.
>>
>>16585769
Ok, so at my old job, we had this very fat and awkward guy. He was also an ponyfag who kept talking about MLP and all that austpie stuff. Obviously we'd talk about him behind his back and stuff, but thats also because he was terrible at his job.

Eventually, when he got better at his job, we stopped talking shit. The whole time when we hated him, he was very cheerful and tried to be social with us, even though it was cringeworthy. Point of the story was, he never stopped trying and eventually we had accepted him.
>>
>>16585779
You're probably right. It's a struggle being social. Sometimes I try talking to them but I always run out of things to say and then there's a long awkward silence I spend hating myself.

>>16585783
I do what I can to help everyone out. And I try to let them know I'm harmless. Not sure what to do beyond that. I cover lots of shifts when people need it.
>>
Who gives a fuck you are at work to make money.
Also upper management will see that you are a stone cold kick ass employee and promotions may come your way.
>>
>>16585816
Learn how to read, OP will never be promoted.
>I basically don't say anything to my coworkers unless they ask me directly and I feel like they all dread working with me because I don't know how to socialize with them.
>>
>>16585740
>>16585753
as an fyi binding will permanently disfigure your breasts if they're growing

perhaps you could wear a sports bra and baggy shirt
>>
>>16585825
co-workers are different than management.Its a totally different relationship. Co-workers thrive on gossip and meaningless things. Management thrives on good work.
Learn how the world works...or at least the workforce
>>
>>16585825
I'll get a small raise after working there for a year.

>>16585836
I'm not going to try to pass as a guy. Can we stop talking about that now? :/
>>
>>16585838
>Management thrives on good work.
haha, sure.
>>
>>16585846
>found the shut in
>>
>>16585844
>I'll get a small raise after working there for a year.
so does everyone else they don't fire. You'll probably get one again for a couple years after that until you hit the cap.
>>
>>16585847
promotions are based more often on who you're friendly with and who you're related to.
>>
>>16585844
that's fine, i understand. i hadn't finished reading that guy's post, only now has dawned on me how much was dripping with "stop doing this and pretend to be Cis"

i hope everything works out for you though op
>>
>>16585855
Maybe
>>
>>16585850
Yeah I'm just saying I don't think this is the sort of job where you ask for promotions. They come after a certain amount of time.

>>16585857
Thanks. I'm sure everything will probably be okay. I should probably stop complaining so much.
>>
>>16585693
Fag.
>>
>>16585895
>>
>>16585895
Don't call me a fag.
>>
Disgusting faggot. You deserve all you get.
>>
>>16586016
That's a horrible thing to say :/

I wouldn't say shit like that to anyone.
>>
How long are you gonna make this thread every other day?
gb2/lgbt/ and don't shit up other boards kthx
>>
>>16586045
What are you talking about? I've never made this thread here before
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.