[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Occult studies. At least once?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

Are occult studies worth it?
>>
>>16583525
Worth what?
>>
waste of time you can use to do something useful instead.
>>
>>16583525
My english teacher studied that while she was still "finding herself" do it if you like it and have the time for it, you will also find people that have your interests
>>
>>16583525
Comparative religion is more relateable. Just join a local coven if you want to actually learn.
>>
Yea for a bullshit academic credit it's fine.

Take some bullshit "History of sublime" or "gender studies" class. As with any sociology class, just write the teacher's opinion on a piece of paper and get an A.

"Something something something, masculinity r bad. Something something feminism will fix erething and Che Guervra totally wasn't a vicious Hitler lite, but a pretty cool guy! Some thing something everything bad, white people did it."

Guaranteed A/B minus.
>>
wait hold on a minute. long time occultist here,

I didn't know they actually taught occult in colleges wtf
>>
no, that's dumb as hell.
>>
>>16583525
Digging into the "Occult" mainly teaches you about how much of an asshole people can be.
>>
No, and a college class is the worst way possible to get into the occult if you're interested.
>>
File: 1450610083114.jpg (40KB, 500x724px) Image search: [Google]
1450610083114.jpg
40KB, 500x724px
>>16585679
No.
I guess I worded the question wrong.
> "Studying the occult. Is it worth it?"

Does the occult have practical application in the world?
Is it simply academic?
I've gotten many of answers among the lines: "It has helped me on my personal road which I'm not going discuss."
Occult sounds like personal development and I've already read many books/done exercises that the occult sites consider "occult".
Is specializing into occult specifically worth it and why?
>>
File: 1450563084119.jpg (98KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1450563084119.jpg
98KB, 640x640px
>>16586277
how come?
>>
>>16583525
Yes.
>>
>>16586277
Maybe OP wants to find out how much of an asshole he can be. Go for it I say. You just might find out that being the biggest asshole IS worth it!
>>
File: 1450642278811.jpg (54KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1450642278811.jpg
54KB, 720x960px
>>16586751
Could you elaborate, why?
>>
>Are occult studies worth it?
Only if you want to end up a wizard.
>>
>>16586735
No practical application in the real world. As Sallust said, the Gods are unchanged from prayers, pleas, and sacrifices. All these acts do is align our own minds to be in line with the Gods. A spell to harm someone or help yourself or others does nothing but create a change in your own mind.

I was super into occult shit and paganism in my teens and early 20s, but the more I read of source materials, the more I see actual magical practice as superstition and ignorant folk-practice. The philosophy of pagans is some pretty awesome shit, though, and I still attend pagan events like Samhain and Yule to meet other oddballs into the same stuff I'm into, but the actual magic is silly
>>
>>16586845
Ok. Tnx.
>>
>>16586745
Because true "Occultism" has little to do with arcane or supernatural phenomena, and very much to do with merciless people controlling things in order to mantain an elitist status quo.
>>
You might figure out how much everything is essentially people talking crap.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.