[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tonight my sister had a schizo-like episode. I met up with her

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1449568437755.jpg (1MB, 1442x1614px) Image search: [Google]
1449568437755.jpg
1MB, 1442x1614px
Tonight my sister had a schizo-like episode. I met up with her and her boyfriend at the hospital and saw her tapping on her wrist as if it was a smartphone, talking to things/people that weren't actually there, pulling invisible thread from random objects, and other quite crazy things. She'd say "are you laughing at me?" or "be quite or they'll hear you". She was aware of these things that she was doing and would quickly snap back to reality, crying not knowing what's happening to her. She's also quite self-conscious, has very low self esteem, depression, and anxiety. She follows many trends and would be considered a typical white girl hipster. It wouldn't be constant but every so often she'd start having visual and auditory hallucinations in the room, as if she was still at work and believed she was. She's been very stressed out working at her new full-time job and trying to keep her new apartment with her boyfriend. The doctor said this is due to anxiety and stress, so she gave her a new prescription of valium on top of all her other prescriptions.

Do you think it could be the anxiety and stress or is this just the early stages of developing schizophrenia? How should I handle this? It's quite terrifying seeing this happen to someone you know instead of some crackhead.

pic somewhat related
>>
OP here

I should also mention that our uncle is a schizo
>>
>>16581650
i really can't say much and i'm sorry for that. what i've always wondered is how often it is that people are connecting to other planes of existence or entities when people see things like this and i believe it would be worth seeking spiritual assistance along with medication. i read an article about a shaman who visited a psych ward and saw all these negative entities interacting with so many of the patients. he said something about the way the western world handles these people is cruel and not beneficial and that there needs to be more healers
>>
>>16581674
Thank you for your condolences and I appreciate the reply.
The auditory and visual hallucinations were of her at her job. She believed that she was at her workplace and would talk to "customers" or her boss.
She's been known to have panic attacks and would freak out at the thought of her boss or any other particular stressful social situation that she's placed in at work.
But she'd realize that it was not real and would snap back to reality freaking out asking "what's happening". The slipping in and out of insanity wasn't constant but it's still going on even after she's been discharged from the hospital at home.
I don't believe it had to do with anything spiritual.
>>
>>16581674
i also don't want to dangle a thread like that and head out. i was gonna go to bed but i wanted to get back on to say if you wanted to seek spiritual assistance as well, simon parkes is very genuine and does affordable sessions.
>>
>>16581697
just saw your reply after i sent mine. i've gotten to the point where i realized i feel everything physical has some level of spiritual connection. i can't speak for everyone or prove myself, and i haven't seen what's going on first-hand. but simon also does sessions to try and help people with physical problems, like overcoming trauma which would include overwhelming stress. i better get to bed now but i wish you luck
>>
>>16581711
Thank you
>>
>>16581697
My sister went through the same thing, she went through a psychotic break. She's a dental assistant. She was so strange and she ended up in the hospital that night. Now she's back to normal again. It turns out her dentist was abusing her
>>
>>16581820
Thank you so much for you reply. I'm sorry to hear that happend to your sister, and I hope she gets help as well as a new dentist.
That's what my sister's doctor called her 'episode', and I'm somewhat relieved to hear that your sister came out of it.
Hopefully it's the same case for mine
>>
File: 51645168876513387.png (105KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
51645168876513387.png
105KB, 320x240px
>Do you think it could be the anxiety and stress or is this just the early stages of developing schizophrenia?

From what I have heard: no.
>>
>>16581969
forgot sentence: I don't think this is schizo.
>>
How old is your suster Op? Schizophrenia generally begins to show up in people 25-35.
>>
I've heard schizophrenia is quite uncommon for females, isn't it?
>>
>>16581820
How do you get abused by your boss? It's a pretty simple professional relationship. I'm just curious. All kinds of people around and money to be had in law suites if it's provable.
>>
>>16582759
It's not uncommon. On my mothers side; my grandmother, uncle and aunt have schizophrenia.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.