[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's it like to get kicked out of the house in high school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: sad-hispanic-teen-girl-light2.jpg (1MB, 1694x1133px) Image search: [Google]
sad-hispanic-teen-girl-light2.jpg
1MB, 1694x1133px
What's it like to get kicked out of the house in high school and be forced to live on friends' couches or on the streets? Does anyone have any experiences they'd be willing to share?
>>
It was fun, though I stayed with one friend and not the streets.

Did tons of drugs.

Guess it depends if you have reliable friends.
>>
You have to be a major kind of fuck up to get kicked out of your house by your parents, in high school nonetheless.

>>16574510
>it was fun
>did tons of drugs
Doing drugs and being a degenerate loser is "fun". This is the 21st century male, everyone
>>
It was awful. I never felt like I had a home or a place where I was wanted. I always was uncomfortable and felt like a burden. Or like they pitied me.
>>
>>16574526
Some people's parents are real fucking shitty, dude. I knew a girl whose mom wanted her gone because she thought she was getting too slutty. She'd never had sex in her life. You're sheltered if you think this shit doesn't happen.
>>
>>16574526
Also the only thing I did to get kicked out was refuse to hate my dad or trash talk him. I had straight a's, no drugs or drinking, no friends or partying, and didn't get in trouble.
>>
>>16574535
Are you fucking serious???
>>
>>16574533
Chances are, she was probably getting too slutty. Spend 5 minutes here and you'll see the amount of complaints of guys from girl sluttin' it up.
Granted some parents are fucked in the head and a fucked up child is caused by fucked up parenting, but still the onus is on the kid to leave and not try to change for the better.
>>
>>16574547
Yeah my mom tortured me most of my life because I loved my dad and she knew I was his favorite. She was bitter. She was even remarried.
>>
>>16574526
Not always, a friend got kicked out from his house ´cos a mere trivial discussion with his dad, did some street and now lives on a cheap ass flat
>>
>>16574550
Jesus fuck you're a tool. She had a boyfriend. That was her big sin. Being in high school and having a boyfriend. A boyfriend who she never once had sex with. She didn't get caught blowing him in the school bathroom or anything. She just had one at an age when dating is both healthy and appropriate.

Oh yeah -- and I just remembered another case from a couple years ago in my area, a high school aged dude getting kicked out because he had a beer. A single beer. He didn't drive drunk or come home shitfaced or anything. He drank one singular beer. Fortunately his father was happy to take him in, but understandably, he was pretty devastated at being kicked out of his home over something so minor.

I want to stress that I'm not misrepresenting these cases or making them up. They really happened, and I live in a pretty decent neighborhood too -- not one known for shitty parenting. Stuff like this happens every day and if you think it's reasonable, please, I'm serious, don't have kids.

Also, your last sentence is incoherent.
>>
>>16574582
I've seen it all too m80. I've been to highschool and i've seen all kinds of fucked up shit. But the overwhelming vast majority of the time, your friendship with the person clouds the reality of the situation, plus you don't know what goes on in their homes that they're not telling you. I'm not saying this doesn't happen, but imagine a scenario where a parent, who's went through painstaking sacrifices in their lives to raise you and support you suddenly decides to give all that up.
The parents who supposedly kick their kids out "for no reason" are parents who are comparable to crack heads, in that their parenting skills are so fucked up that the kid becomes an obvious fuck up at an early age.
>>
>>16574614
And again I just have to call you sheltered, or maybe willfully ignorant. You have to be to think this way. To be quite clear, I'm not saying it's one-sided all the time (I almost wrote 'undeserved', but I'm not sure I feel any minor deserves to be rendered homeless), but you're crazy if you think there aren't plenty of parents who are just shitty, unreasonable people. Often abusive people. Often people with extreme religious beliefs that they demand their nearly-adult children abide by. Parents who think a girl being alone in a room with a guy -- not her bedroom, not someone she's dating, but simply being in a public place without supervision -- is a gross violation of boundaries. I realize I'm hitting you with a lot of anecdotes, but that, too, is something I directly observed, and please don't patronize me by assuming these are all high school friends (or thereabouts) whose stories I heard through the rumor mill and unquestioningly bought into. There's lots of parents like that out there. There's many thousands of them.

Acting like all or most of these teenagers "had it coming" in some way is wrong, both morally, and fucking factually. I understand what you're trying to get at, but you're going way too far.
>>
Once I got kicked out for a week because I changed my college major mostly. And then my dad tried to take my laptop that I bought with my own money, so I hide it and then he got mad and broke my bookcase and threw wire baskets at me. Completely destroyed my room.

I spent most of the week at my boyfriends but then I had a class that I didn't want to miss so I went. But my dad had turned off my cellphone service so when I tried to check my phone for bus directions it didn't work and I got lost on the route. Called my parents on a payphone after my cellphone had died because I had kept trying to call my provider to ask why it wasn't working and turning my phone off and on. Then my parents just told me "oh we turned it off because we couldn't reach you on it"

Ended up crying looking like a crazy homeless woman on a bench for maybe an hour until a bus police guy came up to me and said I can't cry there.

I don't know why I talk to my parents still sometimes
>>
>>16574760
In hindsight I'm really embarrassed that I just didn't go with the bus route I knew back to my boyfriends house instead of something else, or even just asking for directions, and also crying on a bench but in my defense I hadn't eaten at all that day and it was like 6 at night and the bus station I was at is a terrible place at night
>>
I should add I'm not unhappy with being a male all the time, and I just go on about life, but sometimes I imagine being a girl, not with a husband or anything, but just the same as I am now basically, but XX chromosomes. Can anyone relate to this? I know I couldn't pass as a trans woman, but I just wish I was a pretty woman, not model pretty, but a good looking one. I feel like it would better match the person I want to be.
>>
>>16574833
Yikes!
>>
>>16574526
Druggies and hippies and punks and general losers have existed beyond the 21st century male, it has nothing to do with the modern age
>>
I got kicked out when I was 16. Took everything and drove all the way to Wisconsin so I coildncrash with my friend. Not a bad experience
>>
>be 17
>come out as lesbian to Irish-Catholic parents
>get thrown out of the house
>couch surf for about a year to finish high school
>always moving around begging friends for a night or two
>move to NYC to find opportunities
>end up homeless
>end up begging on street to fund heroin addiction
>end up in rehab
>get out try to go straight
>addicted again
>rehab again
>finally get my shit together three years later

I'm surprised I wasn't dead by 22. Living the nomad, free life isn't what it's cracked up to be. I tell people who are coming out or want to run away from parents, etc... to have a plan, resources, job and place to live. Otherwise you're pretty much fucked. Two of my street-mates died while I was homeless.
>>
>>16575673
Did you at least manage to stay in NYC?
>>
>>16575673
Did you used sex at any moment to get free shelter?
>>
>>16575687

No. I came back to the Boston area. My sister put me into rehab here locally.

>>16575709

No. The only time I used sex was with my dealer, who was also a lesbian.
>>
>>16574503
My parents were alcoholics and they kicked me out on my 18th birthday because I wasn't bringing in any benefit payments due to not being in 6th form.
I slept on a friend's sofa for a week before I got a room in a shared house which I paid for with my part time job (my employer gave me lots of overtime to help me out), I got moved to a full time contract because my boss never knew someone who could be in a shitty situation and come into work and fake being polite to people for 10 hours.

tl;dr it was pretty horrible, I wasn't prepared and I had to store my possessions in my friend's garage, I just worked as many hours as I could and lived as frugal as I could until I figured out what bills I had.

My parents since died and I got fuck all because they were in debt.
>>
File: 1381769741071.jpg (5KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1381769741071.jpg
5KB, 250x250px
I'm likely to be without a home in the near future. My grandma is an evil person and everybody avoids her, even her children, but I have nowhere else to live. I'm already working besides university, and it is really-really bad because I already failed 3 of my courses, since I don't have enough time to study... Now what???
>>
>>16574526
>>16574503
i got kicked out of the house for siding with one of my divorced parents lived in a abandoned grocery..got a retaining order against me so i can't go back home...it was cold and a hell can you imagine having to break into your own home just to take a bath always looking around in fear of a police officer? its nt nice bro
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.