[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boyfriend ignores me constantly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (71KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 750x750px
So my boyfriend has been ignoring my text or calls lately. But he will normally talk in our group chat to our friends. It really hurts that he's leaving me on read and it bothers me a lot.

I spoke to him about it and he normally says "I'm not ignoring you" or "I see you every day I don't need to text you." (I'm on winter break) and he tells me he doesn't want to break up either.

So I'm assuming he wants space because he also doesn't want to play any online games with me.

Would the best thing to do is just not bother trying to talk to him? And if so what could I do to cope with the loneliness? All of my friends are out of town to see family, and when I play a game or two by myself I feel a tiny bit sad.

So thank you for any advice.

Additional info: we've been together for 2 years. I'm 20 and he's 21
>>
File: Procavia-capensis-Frontal.jpg (133KB, 678x800px) Image search: [Google]
Procavia-capensis-Frontal.jpg
133KB, 678x800px
Solution: new boyfriend
>>
>>16568648
I dunno, I at least want to wait and see him in person before thinking about breaking up. Then I would want some time before seeing anyone else because I do love my boyfriend enough not to move on so quickly..
That's a cute animal by the way.
>>
Do you guys actually see each other every day? He prob just needs his space after dealing with your clinginess all day.
>>
>>16568645

It's tough to judge based on the info you've given. How often do you normally try to text/call him?

If it's like, once or twice a day when you're not together, and he can't take the time to talk to his girlfriend, then he's an asshole. But there are some people who are so over-talkative and demanding of attention that it really does become tiresome, no matter how much you love the person.

If you're regularly trying to carry on all-day conversations by text message, even at times when you're seeing him regularly in person, then you do need to learn to give him a little space and breathing room. You can kill a perfectly good relationship by smothering him with too much attention. Sometimes it's important to give some time to miss each other a bit, build anticipation for seeing/talking to each other again.

Not trying to be a dick, but it says a lot that you're freaking out at the concept of spending a little bit of time alone and playing video games by yourself. You're going to need to learn to be a little more emotionally independent, codependency isn't a good trait in a relationship
>>
>>16568669
Yes, we usually see each other everyday but is just normally hanging out and we do our own things like study, play a game, watch a video or something, usually I make him food everyday too and use his apartment to cook. I might be clingy, but I do try my best to give him space but he has complained about it before and has tried to say I don't like him anymore because I wasn't clingy enough. It's just a confusing situation for me..
>>
>>16568671
I normally text him in the morning, usually a "good morning/what are your plans for today?" He usually doesn't respond to the question. Then I'll lay off and text him at night and ask him if he wants to do something or ask him how his day is going but he never really responds. We use to play games together and had a lot of fun, but now he seems to not give a shit and it just makes me feel down.

I might just put the group convo on mute or turn off my phone even so I won't feel tempted to bother him.
>>
>>16568692
your bf sounds like an ass and is taking you for granted, desu senpai. You deserve better. Try to talk things out and let him know how you FEEL about all this.
>>
Bumping for interest. I am codependent. I will start to miss my bf within a matter of hours. I am like a dog with separation anxiety. no joke. Thinking about being alone sends me into panic attack mode because I've been alone or unwanted my whole life
>>
>>16568692
then stop texting him, If he says there's no problem, then take his words, don't excruciate yourself over this.

If unanswered text are the cause of your pain, stop texting, you will feel better.

I'm on a 5-year relationship and we have stopped texting because there were almost no point in doing it. Altough it was hard for her because she also thought I was losing my interest in her, the truth was, I didn't like smalltalking with her on the telephone. I rather pass talking about an uneventful day. Dln't take me wrong I love being with her, but know we talk about our opinions on the world, how we feel/think/agree or disagree on things.

on the other hand If he have made a choice about your relationship, there's little you can do about it. enjoy your day by day and remember it's better to feel blue for a couple weeks than being in a toxic relationship
>>
>>16568712
I feel this way too, I miss him a lot and I feel so guilty for being this way. The only friends I really have is him and his friends but I really don't want to bother them during their break.

>>16568713
I"ll try really hard to back off from him this week, I feel super worried sometimes that he doesn't even think about me.

Do you sometimes not think about your girlfriend when you stop texting? Kinda like the out of sight out of mind thing?
>>
>>16568724
>>16568712
>>16568692
>>16568682
>>16568645
You are mentally Ill. Anyone who tells you you are justified in being mentally ill is equally as fucking retarded as you. It's just texting. Stop being so fucking stupid.
>>
>>16568730
We haven't talked in a month, I'm not even in the same state as him currently. I'm being nice enough to not even go into a phone call with him because he doesn't want that.
>>
>>16568734
Maybe when your quality of conversation is:
"good morning/what are your plans for today?"
It's understandable that he doesn't want to make non stop textual fucking chit chat with you.

And no, that's not a suggestion to start sending him thought provoking shit to bait him into responding it's a suggestion for you to stop texting him and give him space.

" I will start to miss my bf within a matter of hours. I am like a dog with separation anxiety. no joke. Thinking about being alone sends me into panic attack mode because I've been alone or unwanted my whole life"

You already identify your own issues yet proceed to ignore them / refuse to deal with them and instead want someone to tell you he's at fault for not enabling your batshit insane behaviour.
>>
>>16568724
>do you sometimes not think about your girlfriend when you stop texting?

to be entirely honest, no.

when I said we stopped smalltalking I meant we stopped asking "how was your day?" or "what did you do?" or "what are you doing?" kind of talk

But that doesn't mean I don't care about her, I always ask her If she arrived home well, for example.

I didn't tell you, but since we're together we've had pretty close day by days - we studied in the same college, almost always in the same class room, and now we've been working at the same place together, so you get an idea of how is our daily relationship
>>
>>16568712
kek you guys this was not OP, this was me.
Yes I know I'm mentally ill but I know exactly what causes all my depression: Being alone. I can't help that feeling/being loved makes me feel better
>>
>>16568739
>I will start to miss my bf within a matter of hours. I am like a dog with separation anxiety. no joke. Thinking about being alone sends me into panic attack mode because I've been alone or unwanted my whole life
First of all, that wasn't me. I just know how they feel in a way, but I do not try to make him feel bad for not responding to me at all. I've tried to talk about my feelings to him but it really makes him upset..I'm really just trying to figure out what is the right way to handle this situation since we wont be seeing each other for another month.
>>16568713 Was very helpful on giving me another point of view on this whole ordeal of mine.
>>
>>16568756
could you post what kind of text msgs you have sent him lately?
>>
>>16568744
I'll keep in mind of that. I think he does care about me at least because he talks about how he wants to stay with me.
I do get really bothered when he doesn't tell me he's going some where/just got home..Not that I'm trying to poke into his life but I just wanna make sure he makes it to places safe. I think that's the biggest thing that irks me the most. I don't think anything I can do will get him to remember to tell me he's going to be driving though.

>>16568753
I hope you will feel better, I don't blame you for being sad when you're alone, humans need interaction to feel happy. I usually try to reach out to my friends when he doesn't speak to me as much but its kinda hard to do that sometimes.
>>
>>16568771
>>16568744

>I'll keep in mind of that. I think he does care about me at least because he talks about how he wants to stay with me.

AgaAgain, if he's telling you this he certainly means it.

You're in a 2-year relationship, things have surely changed since day 1, maybe all tje romantic texts the petty gifts, the facebook status may have gone now. I can tell you in mine had.

Because I feel we have mature and developed a more serious relationship, were our goals as a couple are far more important to express our undying love in the next facebook status.

It's funny, because yesterday she showed me one of those facebook memories where I wrote her cheesy love comments, 4years ago

Now we talk about where we want to live, how many kids we should have, when to have them, how we will pay for our home... things like that

> I do get really bothered when he doesn't tell me he's going some where/just got home..Not that I'm trying to poke into his life but I just wanna make sure he makes it to places safe. I think that's the biggest thing that irks me the most.

Yes, I understand, I felt the same when she constantly asked me where I was or If I was ok.

We had a long conversation about this and I understood her point and realise why she was doing it.

So that's my advice talk to him, but not now. talk this with him in person, when you see him.

> I don't think anything I can do will get him to remember to tell me he's going to be driving though.

I'm sure he doesn't mean it, sometimes things are done so automatically, that's is nearly impossible to be aware of them
>>
>>16568792
Thank you, this made me feel a lot better.

I think our relationship has matured, but I never really thought of it like that. When the cute talk stopped I saw it as him being disinterested. A lot of girls kinda think this too.
My friends would usually tell me that its because he know's he cant lose me so he's going to stop trying, which I mean, can be true too.

But yeah, I'm going to try and find some things to do this week at home while I give him some space and see how it goes. It's going to suck but I hope it will make things better. I'll get really happy if he text me first too actually.

And yeah, I'll talk to him in person about letting me know when he drives off.

Thank you~
>>
>>16568841
you're welcome
>>
>>16568841

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I actually don't think that anon is giving you good advice. It doesn't sound like you're going overboard at all with the cutesy/clingy stuff, it doesn't sound like you're smothering him with too much contact. It sounds like you're just trying to have basic, normal communication with your boyfriend, and he's basically ignoring you completely. If this has been going on for more than a few days, then there's a serious problem here, and your relationship is in trouble.

If you haven't tried it yet, just tell him straight-up that you feel like he's dodging and ignoring you, and you want to know what's up. If he's still calling you his girlfriend, you shouldn't allow yourself to be treated like this.

I know what the other anon is talking about, every long relationship moves out of the "honeymoon phase" at some point, but it sounds like there's something else going on in your case.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.