[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help with my job.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 200_s.gif (64KB, 416x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
64KB, 416x200px
So i recently became a security guard and i work graveyard shift, its pretty horrendous. Its like 45 degrees farenheit outside, i walk for 8 hours non stop, and i daydream a lot.

First what can i do to minimize the effects of the cold, it really fucks me up hard. At about 4 am in the morning i am shivering even though i have 2 jackets a beanie and some gloves.

Next what are good pair of walking shoes that wont make my feet feel like they are broken, it literally hurts to walk and my right foot is fucked up right now because i have shoes with no padding.

Next what can i do to pass the time.
>>
How good are your gloves/beanie/jackets? There are some jackets that trap your heat and work wonders. Have you tried wearing a Ski Mask?

As for the shoe thing, I'd suggest getting something with memory foam padding. Go into a shoe store (not foot locker) but like Payless or Shoe Company.

Spending time? You could always watch Netflix or listen to music. Podcasts?
>>
its gonna b ok, op

layer up. get long underwear/underarmour to go under your pants. this is essential to keeping you warm. make sure you have some nice heavy socks too. if your chest is cold you arent wearing enough there. get long sleeve shirt, 2 if you have to. are your hands cold? gloves arent thick enough. get new ones.

as for walking shoes, i like the Clarke Wallabees. if youre looking for something more... tough, get Timberland boots.
>>
>>16567149
i dont think a security guard can do music

also, OP you should try meditation during your shifts
>>
>>16567155
I work graveyard shifts at this small store, I usually take a book with me and read.
>>
>First what can i do to minimize the effects of the cold
A heavy jacket. Denim is shit, so are wispy windbreakers. Use leather if you can.
Scarf.
Thorlos socks.
Carry a thermos full of hot coffee.
>Next what are good pair of walking shoes that wont make my feet feel like they are broken
Keens. If you're working on concrete you need to start binding your feet with tape. Get some therapeutic inserts.
>Next what can i do to pass the time.
Daydream.
>>
This is op my daily clothing are as follows. An under armour beanie that keeps my ears warm. North face gloves that keep my hands warm only for the first 4 hours on the job. A thick jacket with fur ontop, with my thick security sweater on top. I also wear cheap business like pants hat help for shit, but they look better as a security.
also I want shoes that are comfy yet stylius, my feet are literally killing me, I can't concentrate in the job because the pain is so bad
>>
>I also wear cheap business like pants
That's where you're losing the most heat. Get some better gloves too.
>>
>>16567135
You should buy some thermal gear
>>
>>16567209

Johnston and murphy. They make some shoes specifically for these types of situations where they need to look decent while still being as comfortable and supportive as possible. Not cheap (triple digits normally), but you need to realize that saving a few twenties over the course of a year isn't worth fucking over your feet.

Also, wear thermal underwear and spend a little extra to get ones that aren't scratchy and uncomfortable.
>>
cut your wrists as deep and hard as you can and let the regrets of your life flow out
>>
>>16567135
custom foam orthotics

shit post: see above post
>>
I had a similar job during a fall/winter a few years back so I guess I can give some advice.

Long underwear is your number one friend. Doesn't really matter how many coats you wear as long as you don't have long underwear. I used to wear top and bottom long underwear and a hoody with a nice warm carhart jacket and it really kept me nice and cozy. As for pants, I wore some nice sweats underneath what they gave us as a uniform.

Shoe-wise try to look up restaurant shoes. I know you don't work in a restaurant but I got into buying from a company that supplies shoes for restaurants where you're basically on your feet the entire time. Just be sure to get some nice socks and double sock. I would wear my ankle socks i usually wear under some heavier wool socks and I wouldn't have a prob. Doubling up gloves as well might help

As for what to do to keep you entertained or pass the time, music. If you don't have a boss on-site just slip some ear buds into your beanie. I get that it's a security job and you need to be "alert" but I worked at one in the middle of the city and the only action I got was finding junkies on the staircases. If you can't manage music then, shit man I think you're out of luck. Just try to fix your cold issue then enjoy your daydreams i guess.
>>
>>16567135
You walk for 8 hours non-stop in 45 def farenheit and you are cold? Jesus. 45 deg farenheit is the average temperature through out the year where I live.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.