[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here pursued their interest in their careers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: elements_of_virtual_dog_games0a.png (320KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
elements_of_virtual_dog_games0a.png
320KB, 500x411px
Do you regret it? Are you doing well now? How did you know that you won't regret pursuing your interest?
>>
No regrets. Doing very well now, probably better than like 90% of the people I know. It was what I wanted to do since I was a child, and it has only gotten better at every turn

Only qualm is the locations suck
>>
>>16560814
What are you doing?
>>
>>16560820
High rate gay prostitute. I have sex with men who have the money. Its a dirty job and lots of people look down at it but it pays the bills and I always wanted to help people any way I know how.
>>
>>16560853
this is bait
>>
OP, what careers are you weighing up?
>>
>>16560935
Teaching vs Pharmacy vs Medicine vs Research vs Dentistry
>>
I did. I don't regret it. I'm doing great.

I didn't know I'd be safe. And in fact it turns out that my passion didn't pan out. It's just that I cared about something which was found with a reasonable context for success. I developed skills and experiences which had broad value. Even though what I wanted to do hasn't panned out (mostly for reasons outside of my control) it was still a worthwhile run.
>>
>>16560940
What is your job?
Being a hooker again?
>>
>>16560946
I work in the life sciences industry.
>>
>>16560958
>life sciences industry
And what is that specifically? Research?
>>
>>16561117
There is a research component to industry, but I'm on the practical application side of things.
>>
It isn't so much that I regret pursuing my interest as that I regret letting all of my other interests go to pursue this one. I fell into the trap of doing only one thing, and burned the fuck out because of it. It took some 12 years to recover.
>>
>>16560939
lmao underage detected
>>
Nope. I have absolutely no idea what I'd even want to get into.

>>16560853

lol
>>
>>16560744
Skipped out from mechatronics, which guarantees you a job, to physics, which is opposite.

Now work in as a space engineer and satalites. 3 year possition though.
>>
if you're a learner type of person im sure whatever you choose will be the right choice as long as you get to learn new exciting things each day. considering youre choosing between teaching and a few hard-science fields id say youre a learner type of person and if i were you, id focus more on the pay because all of those fields will satisfy a thirst for knowledge, and no field excludes another (why not study dentistry while working part time at a lab and taking some extra classes in medicine?)
>>
>>16562700
>taking some extra classes in medicine?
You cant lol
>>
>>16562673
>mechatronics
>garunteed job

top lel m8 since its such a new and broad field whith no concise structure, aka the subjects are completley different and every university you go, you end up getting a degree where you are the jack of all trades and master of none seriously all the people i know who graduated mechatronics have struggled greatly to find work after university.

you made the right move bro
>>
>>16560744
you dont mix Business with pleasure otherwise you might one day come to hate what you once enjoyed
>>
Spent an absurdly long time in college. Eventually graduated with an MS in robotics and now work for a giant software company in the PNW.

But honestly I really wish I would've taken time as a kid to learn how to make friends and socialize, because I'm pretty seriously shy outside of work and don't have a lot of friends or do much of anything. It was hard then, it's hard now.
>>
I recently graduated and started working at CVS. I used to to do some programming and wanted to learn more but I dropped it and became a generic little shit all through high school. Now I regret not picking up anything useful so I could actually pursue a career I want.

I know it's not too late, but picking up something now when I could've years ago makes me feel like a complete dumbass.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.