[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we know we won't regret a decision in the future?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: regrets.gif (14KB, 390x250px) Image search: [Google]
regrets.gif
14KB, 390x250px
Plenty of people regret breaking up with someone, saying something stupid, picking a certain major, changing jobs, moving to a new area, not seizing the opportunity to do something, etc.
How do we know we won't regret a decision in the future? Also, is it true that we regret things we didn't do more than things we did?
>>
When you choose not to make a decision, you're making a decision. There's always going to be a 'what if' no matter what you do, so why dwell on it?
>>
>>16560470
>There's always going to be a 'what if' no matter what you do, so why dwell on it?
Sorry I didn't get what you are trying to say. (My English is bad)
>>
>>16560475
This is probably better explained through an example. Let's say you choose to not to break up with someone because you think "what if I make a mistake in breaking up with them?". If you stay, there's always a chance that you'll end up thinking "what would my life have been like if I had broken up with this person?". Your life is a series of decisions, and there's no way you can find out what your life would be like if you had chosen every single option, so there's no point in sitting and wondering what life would have been like if you had done things differently. You can't change the past.
>>
>>16560492
>You can't change the past
I understand. What about future decisions though? That is what I am asking.
>>
>>16560462
know yourself well, know possibilities well, know possible paths and analyze them well. then the things you don't do won't be so bothersome.

that "you'll regret the things you don't do" is some hipster bullshit anyways. I remember when that became popular amongst my peers. right around the time they started doing drugs and fucking up good relationships to fuck sketchy people. just saying, its a bit of denial and justification all wrapped up into one feel good message.

look at the actions and character of the people promulgating popular bullshit before following it or accepting it as dogma.
>>
>>16560503
You can't avoid making future decisions, and with every decision you make, there will be a decision you didn't make.
>>
>>16560520
I know, so how do I know which decision is the "best"?
>>
>>16560562
You don't
>>
>>16560574
Wow your posts are so helpful.
>>
>>16560577
What the fuck did you expect? I'm not a fortune teller, and neither are you.
>>
>>16560582
Not even some useful tips as to deciding which decision is the "best"?
>>
>>16560604
Ask what seems like it'll have the best outcome, and then pick that one.
>>
In most everyday situations that most people have to deal with there's a "best or right" choice to choose from.. You can go with your gut and kinda wing it.. Or try to use a little logic and think with your mind
>>
you dont
>>
>>16560462
think about the pros and cons of a decision
>>
There's no point in thinking "what if I'll regret this decision?"
If you want to make a certain decision, you have reasons for it. Of course there's a chance it'll turn out to be a bad decision. There's no 100% sure way to be happy, no one will give you a walkthrough. And if the decision really turns out to be bad, then what? Life goes on, you'll fix it up and there won't be any point in dwelling in "what if I did x instead of y" because you're not sure if that other decision would turn out well anyways.
Do what your heart tells you to do.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.