[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do people afford apartments in decent cities? Seriously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

How the fuck do people afford apartments in decent cities? Seriously what the fuck I live in a small village and I want to fucking leave. There's no college or training here. There's nothing.

The cheapest option is like 800/mo and that's with roommates. Like what the fuck you have to graduate college and get a good job before just to own a fucking small room?! Bull shit. Some bitch told me she moved to Boston and she has to pay 1100 for a room in the ghetto.
>>
>>16553538
I live in Northern Virginia (DC area) and it's pretty much impossible to find anything under saaay $1,200/mo. If you don't have a degree, there's a good chance you're living at home into adulthood.
>>
>>16553558
Is that 1200 for studio apartments or for roommate situations?
>>
>>16553558
>into adulthood
Into your 20's I mean...
>>
And those cities wonder why they have a homeless problem.
>>
>>16553538
Just commute like every other poorfag.
>>
>>16553563
Studio or 1 bedroom. Basically you can't get shit for less than that. I'd say you gotta make at least $2k/mo if you wanna live on your own here.
>>
>>16553566
Rent prices are set by the market - AKA: What people are willing to pay for a place. Do you want the government to come in and artificially lower the rent prices to accommodate lower income people?
>>
>>16553584
Yes. Yes I do. At least for people disadvantaged like Mr who aren't black natives with section 8.
>>
Oh do poorfags ever get a 1br together and one person just sleeps in the living room?
>>
>>16553587
I suppose you'd also like McDonald's to pay their employees $15/hr? A "living" wage?
>>
>>16553594
No but I think people should at least be able to afford an apartment with more basic jobs like waiters, security guards, and shit. You should not have to go in debt and get a degree and jump through internship hoops just to own a small room. Not everyone has parents they can live with until they do all that shit.

Is the ghetto at least affordable?
>>
>>16553608
Oh and i also think the government should fuck off. They shpouldnt be able to take income taxes from people who are living on their own on minimum wage. Its like 300 dollars a month just in taxes. It literally forces people to sell drugs and their bodies.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.