[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does it get better after High school? Please tell me it does.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: 1252938876688.jpg (52KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1252938876688.jpg
52KB, 576x432px
Does it get better after High school? Please tell me it does.
>>
File: poison-dart-frog-blue.jpg (926KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
poison-dart-frog-blue.jpg
926KB, 1600x900px
>>16544248
Yeah it gets better. But try to have sex with dumb high school girls while you still can.
>>
If you get out of your home town, yes.

It isn't just a magical change though. You have to legitimately try.
>>
>>16544248
High school and shortly after were some of the best years of my life. Live it up.
>>
What do you mean by "it", exactly? This is important. Many things CAN get better, but most of them are not automatic: you will have to take action.
>>
They say that you high school years are the best years of your life, and friend, I can tell you, that is complete and utter bullshit. They are some of the hardest.

The cold hard truth is that high school sucks for just about everyone. And the people that it doesn't suck for have reached their peak in the 11th grade, and doesn't that just really suck for them?

I assume you're 18 and a senior (4chan rules and such). When you get to college, you'll see that life really opens up to you. You'll be studying with people who actually want to be there. You'll be making friends that you'll keep for years. In high school, you go to school close to 40 hours a week. In college? It's like 20 at the MOST. You get to set your schedule. You get to live your life.

You'll meet people you'll love. You'll do activities that make you smile. You'll go places and on adventures and you'll see that High School is a miserable four years, but it definitely, definitely gets better.

Just hang in there, pal. You're gonna make it, and you'll see - it gets so much better.
>>
>>16544248
OP bang as much high school girls you can, you will regret it for the rest of your life if you don't. And no life gets worse after high school unless you're rich
>>
I'm 22 and nothing has officially changed that much except a degree and a job, and tons of free time spent not doing homework or group projects or any kind of school bullshit. Which I spend working out, cooking, hiking, reading, drinking beer, hanging out with friends, and smoking weed. So yeah, it gets way fucking better. Try to have as much sex as you can, though, that part doesn't really get better.
>>
it absolutely 100% does, but different problems will arise to replace them. The nice thing though is that you'll have much greater freedom over your own life and can live it the way you want.

Do you want some advice on anything, btw?
>>
It depends on you OP. You can learn how to live a better life or you can put yourself in self-destructive cycles, setting yourself up for failure.
>>
broadly yeah, you're not forced to deal with the same high school bullshit anymore

after high school you have a huge opportunity to start fresh, but you have to be proactive and take control of your life and where you want it to go

it will never be perfect - you will face problems of all shapes and sizes throughout your life, but it can get much better
>>
>>16544476

actually an addendum

a lot of the social bullshit you saw in HS can and will continue - but you have a grace period where you can decide how to engage it

the best answer is not to, but it's one thing to tell you that over the internet, experience is always better

learn what you love and be your own person, you'll be fine if you do that
>>
>>16544248
The high school-first 2 years of college will be your best years m8. It's all downhill from there.
>>
File: 1439395707448.gif (972KB, 440x248px) Image search: [Google]
1439395707448.gif
972KB, 440x248px
work a 9-5 and get comfy. follow your dreams in a smart way, on the side

you'll probably be fine if you do that
>>
the problems you think you have in high school get better for the most part, but being an adult comes with a whole slew of other problems. namely relating to $$$
>>
File: IYq6DDN.png (475KB, 433x607px) Image search: [Google]
IYq6DDN.png
475KB, 433x607px
I guess I've been doing college wrong because I've been just as unhappy here as I was in high school, just less overworked
>>
It doesn't get better.

YOU get better.

People are generally the same at every age. As we age and get experience dealing with everyone's shit (even our own) we become more adept at dealing with or avoiding it. Things might be awful now but it's making you stronger and more prepared for the future

Maybe that sounds like a bullshit pessimistic answer, but for me it's closer to reality than waiting for things to simply get better on their own.
>>
>>16544559

you haven't been doing college "wrong"

it just sounds like the problem wasn't "high school" itself

what the anon said above me is right. You have to strive to improve. And not half-assedly either. You gotta put the work in.

Luckily you're in college. You have a ton of time and could still theoretically be anything at this point. (theoretically)
>>
>>16544248
WHAT gets better?
It's impossible to answer your question if you are so vague.
Generally, things suck when you enter into the working world and your childhood years are the best.
>>
>>16544576
I've been working out (well, not recently, but am still losing weight), but am slowly slipping into social goblin status. I don't know how to escape. I feel like I know a lot people in my spheres but I've only become good friends with just a few people.
>>
>>16544599

you don't have to be a social butterfly - it's okay to be a bit of a goblin if that's naturally who you are, frankly

try to be friendly and get to know people who interest you, or who you seem to have mutual connection with - join a club with a shared hobby, keep jumping from club to club to internet group to club until you find people or even just one person that can click with you

making real friends takes time and shared experience, but again it's fine if you're not just bursting with bros

and a real bro is worth 1000 fake friends anyway, so fuck it.
>>
>>16544572
>someone who's completely forgotten all the bullshit he had to put up with highschool
>>
>>16544248
yeah, it does.

i literally never want to do high school again.
>>
>>16544248
Only if you make it better. Its going to be hard but depending on what you practice if you do and have a positive mind set, then yes, just gets harder. HS is a breeze, you may miss those days in the future. Make use of your time now but have fun.
>>
>>16544248

It gets harder. You have to pay all your own bills and you don't have teachers and parents running around after you to pick up your mess. You screw up and it has actual consequences.
>>
Actually, yes. Life turned around for me after high school because I started to meet new people and make real friends and realized how absolutely terrible and small-minded everyone in high school had been.

I felt "good" and comfortable and happy, really happy, for the first time after graduating high school when everything sort of hit me all at once that I didn't HAVE to be a complete loser that everyone hated, etc., and that I was actually free to do these wonderful things like travel the world, get involved in college, date whoever I wanted, and in general just take control of my life. I had no idea the people I was with in high school were holding me back from all that, but they really were.

So I'd say yes, OP. High school was the worst time of my life and it absolutely gets better than that.
>>
>>16544255
I should mention this too. Get the fuck out of your hometown and go far away to a place that appeals to you. You can make that place your own, kind of, and live your life how you want to live it there without all the reminders and pressures from your childhood. Leave that shit behind and find a place that suits you. That's key.
>>
File: tumblr_mbqudfVfHj1r0wqrdo1_500.jpg (30KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbqudfVfHj1r0wqrdo1_500.jpg
30KB, 500x375px
Well, it is what you make of it, but in general, yes. You'll have more control over what you do with yourself, although you won't see results for a while more yet.

Still, it'll be a lot more peaceful, and there won't be as much dealing with folks you don't want to deal with, numbers-wise.
>>
File: 1390125018171.jpg (721KB, 1200x892px) Image search: [Google]
1390125018171.jpg
721KB, 1200x892px
>>16544248
How well have you planned for your future?

Everybody in the adult world is trying to fuck you over, you just don't realize it yet.

I'm 28. EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME I have to rely on somebody, they fuck me over. Hell, it's a miracle if the get my order right at a God damned restaurant. Can't make new friends because the kids you're complaining about, surprise, turn into shitty adults as well.

MAYBE ~20 percent of the population is bearable. And of that small group, most of them will be drowning so hard from life dragging them down that getting near them puts your finances, home, relationship, etc. in peril.

There is no escape. Kill yourself now. I'm too invested now to do it or I would. Old people tell me that life levels out by 40 most times. I sure hope so.

If I could do it over again, I'd by a small place on the outskirts of town AND NEVER FUCKING LEAVE. I'd do my own repairs, grow my own food, distill my own rain water, and never trust a single shitty maggot with a name.

Other than all that crap, life is OK. Just ever OK at best.
>>
>>16544248
Life is constantly shit.
>>
>>16544248
it depends on how you do it anon.
but most of the time.
it doesnt get better
it just get worse
>>
File: NEET4LYF.jpg (167KB, 1437x908px) Image search: [Google]
NEET4LYF.jpg
167KB, 1437x908px
>>16544248
It does. Become a NEET. It's the best way to live
>>
There's potential for it to get better but it'll rely on your own actions more. Eg no more guaranteed friend groups (even loser friend groups), no more guaranteed knowing a lot of girls.

But yeah it usually does get better
>>
>>16544618
Nope, I remember quite clearly
>>
get out of your hometown

you have to broaden your mind and staying in your shitty hometown doesnt work
>>
>>16544248
In almost every possible way.

The only people for whom it does not get better are the stars now - the football players and cool kids, who will soon discover that they will never be as alpha as they are now.
>>
Generally yes, but life is what you make it.
>>
For me college was far worse. In high school you're basically with the same group of people day in day out. It's relatively easy to drift into a stable group of friends unless of course you were really the outcast sort. In college I didn't bother making friends and never got any. My major was hard as balls and I never managed to find anyone to help me through anything. Failed subject after subject out of stupidity and laziness, definitely, but not having a basic support system was also crucial. High school was pretty shitty but this has been the worst ride of my life and thank fucking god it will soon finally be over.
>>
>>16544248
Yes but you need to put effort into it. You will have more money (for me that was the biggest problem) and you will generally have more success, achievement and confidence to deal with the shit other people might throw at you.
>>
>>16544248

It is what you make of it.

Don't go thinking college or university will just *poof* make life better.

Make sure you study something you want to do AND you will be able to get a job in. Otherwise you'll live it up going to school then hate life when you can't get a decent job in what you studied
>>
File: 1426858342702.jpg (31KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
1426858342702.jpg
31KB, 456x320px
>>16544256
That doesn't mean they were the best for everyone else whatsoever though. That's literally just what happened to you and not helpful.
>>
It got really bad for me, but I think it will be good at some point.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.