[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I know if I'm too stupid too pursue an academic field?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1447714192464.jpg (167KB, 1364x844px) Image search: [Google]
1447714192464.jpg
167KB, 1364x844px
How do I know if I'm too stupid too pursue an academic field? I already wasted 3 years of my life. I don't think I can afford to make a wrong choice and waste some more
>>
If you're self aware enough to doubt your intelligence and worry about wasting time, you're probably not too stupid. What you lack is discipline, maybe you should take some classes or read books about learning and find your own pace.
>>
>>16543926

this is likely true.

>>16543916

the thing about academic fields is they are all different, so if you know what academic field you are interested in, test that? reflect back on your highschool career and see how well you did on that in general.
>>
>>16543941
Engineering
Chemical Engineering to be precise
And the thing about high school is that it was just a big blur. I was really depressed and disinterested from the start and I really didn't learn a lot. At one point I failed 9 subjects.
But from what I remember, I do ok with and like physics. I do ok with math and even like it a bit, but I did badly and skipped classes because I had problems with the teacher. And chemistry, well, it started ok enough, but I quickly lost interest, stopped studying it, and now I don't remember anything of it
If I'm to be honest with you I'm not even sure how I graduated
Which is why I kind of wonder if I'm still fit for studying, specially something I keep hearing is so difficult.
I'm seeing a psychiatrist soon so I'm sure the depression won't get in the way as much but still
>>
>>16543916
It's up to you to research about that academic field. Can you look at college lecture slides and see if you can understand the material?
>>
>>16543987
>Can you look at college lecture slides and see if you can understand the material?

Good idea, I'll try that
>>
>>16544028
Yeah, it is good to conduct research before committing to a plan, be it picking a major, picking a college, changing careers, etc. A lot of people regret their decisions due to inadequate research before doing something
Talk to other chemical engineers.
>>
>>16544052
>Talk to other chemical engineers

I tried
So far they all sound much smarter than me
>>
>>16544062
Can you borrow a used textbook from someone and look at the material?
Can you pick another field to major in?
>>
>>16544069
Yeah my back up is pharmacy
>>
>>16544112
Well Pharmacy is "difficult" in another way as it requires a lot of memorisation.
I'm a Pharmacy freshman but I am not from the states. From what I've heard, there is a really bad saturation of pharmacists in the US (same for a lot of countries really including where I live). Not sure about the engineering job market.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.