[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1447724563512.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1447724563512.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
How can I find a job that I'd actually like to stick with? All of my jobs I was so miserable. I have little to no skills or talent. I don't know what my dream job could be. I just want to earn enough money so I'm not struggling. I WANT to get a sedentary job (one where I can sit) due to disabilities, but I don't know where to start.

I don't want to struggle financially. I don't want to be exploited. I don't want to be looked down upon because of my position. I want to be respected and maybe even appreciated. I want to be treated like an actual person and not a disposable, expendable resource to be thrown away.

I have not gone to college or uni simply because I didn't want to. Besides, almost everyone these days has degrees. If it helps, and if I still get to see my boyfriend, I could go to a trade school. But I really know nothing about those.

help
>>
>>16531471
If you didn't go to college, you are pretty much stuck with grunt-tier, minimum wage jobs that are not so fun.
I did a gap year and 2/3 of my jobs was miserable with shit bosses. I love one job. I found it via networking. It was seasonal though and they didn't hire me though.
>>
>>16531471
My recommendation?
Get working holidays visas and travel the world.
Yup, if you pop up in another country with no networks, you'll just end up in similar jobs in country #2. Doing this is not a problem for you though - you are stuck in similar jobs locally so there is not risk for you in doing that. (ie you are not giving up a nice job that you may not get back) For some reason, most people found their working holiday experiences to be very rewarding though.
>>
>>16531478
Why should I be stuck with shitty jobs just because I didn't have the money for college/uni? I really don't understand
>>
File: engrish-lol6.jpg (44KB, 600x469px) Image search: [Google]
engrish-lol6.jpg
44KB, 600x469px
If your job was fun, you'd pay them.
>>
>>16531489
>All of my jobs I was so miserable
You said you are stuck with miserable jobs yourself
>Why should I be stuck with shitty jobs just because I didn't have the money for college/uni?
Is this bait? You realise that most positions in banks/companies are only for college graduates, right?
And no, you may not be stuck with shitty jobs. Maybe you will establish a company and become rich like Steve Jobs! Who knows!
>>
>>16531494
My jobs so far were cashier and ..well.. a warehouse job in which I was basically treated like a slave with very little freedom
>>
>>16531487
Not op

Hmm I've never heard of this before, is there a specific visa for working only on holidays in another country, what do you do when there is no holiday?
>>
fuck it been thinking about just applying to walmart though I know I'm in for one hell of a ride.

If anyone knows what Aldi's is I applied there and I think I'll have a better time there. Aldi's seems to be close-knit which I like.
>>
Anyone know if monster.com is a credible website? I've been firing off job apps with it. I've never actually gotten hired from it. I got my jobs either from walking in and seeing they're hiring, or, networking
>>
Finde a job were you get alonge with your boss and coworkers. Get that down and you all good for the most jobs
>>
To be brutally honest, the job I had the most fun at was being a janitor from 5am to 8am before class during college, cleaning bathrooms and pulling trash... Then 5am to 2pm during breaks.

I wasn't making any money, like 7/hr, but I prolly had fun cuz they was in college at the time and cuz of the other crazy asses that worked there too
>>
>>16531800
Sry, I cleaned the dorm halls. I went to a really nice school so the dorms were really nice.>>16531800
>>
>>16531793
This is solid advice.

This is pretty much all I want in the workforce. In my previous jobs I was amazed at how petty everyone could be, always speaking about each other behind their backs (and not saying nice things either). I mean, I felt a lot of stuff that only high-schoolers and grade-schoolers should do. There truly is a workforce game. I didn't want to believe it but it's true. Ass-kissers rose to the top.
>>
Sorry data entry didn't work out.

Trades aren't really known for being sit down jobs.

Computer aided drafting is easy enough to get into if you're OK with staring at a computer 10 hours a day and are extremely detail oriented.

If you're more of a people person and like being on the phone half the day freight brokerage might be suitable for you. If you need to work up a work history to get into it, then you could very easily get a position as a dispatcher at a large company on second or third shift. It's similar work, but the pay is pretty mediocre.

If you'd prefer face to face interaction some banks allow their tellers to sit. You won't see much more than minimum wage, but it opens up opportunities to be promoted to loan officer, branch manager, or a desk job at a corporate office.
>>
>>16532086
It's not that it didn't work out it's just that I don't know where to start. It can't just be submitting my resume on job searching sites online. Can it?

All these are nice but I just need a point in the right direction.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.