[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone else ever thought that people may think you are mentally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1448000658138.jpg (213KB, 1000x714px) Image search: [Google]
1448000658138.jpg
213KB, 1000x714px
Has anyone else ever thought that people may think you are mentally retarded? Its just started to dawn on me that people might think this about myself. People always give me praise, especially when it comes to my music and art, even when I know for sure its absolute pure 100% shit people will still come up to me and tell me how good they think it is. I feel like they're just saying this shit to be nice because they literally think I might be slower than most people. Is this just some straight up paranoia? I have taken a lot of drugs in the past, and it kinda makes my social interactions a little wacky. People have also told me I look like I have downs, but those people have usually are just assholes to everybody.
>>
Post some art and we'll tell you if it's really shit.
>>
Protip: it doesn't really matter what other people think of you.
>>
What grades did you make in school?
>>
File: shit.jpg (90KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
90KB, 640x640px
>>16530657

>>16530658
Yeah im still trying to get that down
>>
I worry about this all the time but I'm certain I'm at least a paranoid person even if it is true.
>>
>>16530663
I got through high school easily, and I never studied and half assed everything
>>
File: absolute utter piss.jpg (69KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
absolute utter piss.jpg
69KB, 640x640px
>>16530657
>>
>>16530652
In secondary school, a couple of people thought I was dopey for some reason before they got to know me. I was in the gifted and talented.
>>
>>16530665
heh. I like it. Yeah, I can see why someone would compliment you on this.

I mean, yeah I can see it's nothing really special but it's certainly better than I can draw (not at all) and it's not (in my opinion) suffering from lacking in feeling or creativity. Wouldn't put it on the fridge, but again, I can definitely see why someone might say "hey, nice work."
>>
>>16530677
Same here as >>16530683.

Like I said I have no artistic talent. But I remember when I used to doodle bricks and spiderwebs and patterns sometimes when I was bored. One time someone found some doodles and asked if it was really okay for them to use the other side of the paper for notes and if I really wanted to throw the doodles away after I "worked so hard on them." I'm sure they weren't fucking with me, they just responded to the pattern and didn't realize it was very simple not really of much value to me.

People can be easily impressed by art. I'm even jealous you can do face stuff as well as you can because I could not, since I've never really tried or practiced.
>>
I think you're paranoid OP. This art is not "lets make the retard feel better because he tried" level. It's okay.
>>
>>16530698
>>16530683
Well thanks man, im sure im just overthinking it. I think ive just ran into so many people that give praise to things that are so obviously fucking terrible. I just wish more people could just tell it like it is, because when they lie it just confuses the shit out of me.

>>16530700
Its not just the art though, its more I feel they look at me, and see my mannerisms and think im retarded. I mean I know im of average intelligence, I just think I act a little off around people, and because of this people tend to give me praise just to make me feel good. I dunno, honestly, I think im coming off as paranoid even while typing this out
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.