[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just launched my own website

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

its like a nerd article thing, but like anytime I try to promote it, I just get shit on everywhere, its all OC and single page, not click baity, and the only ads are like pretty sparse banner ads, but im like, hey I wrote this, and the entire internet is like FUCK YOU IN THE FACE. I don't wanna be spammy or nothing, but like 0 traction on facebook, twitter is like 10 followers, reddit just straight up attacked me even though its all like relevant targeted stuff. Anyone have any ideas? It's the best content I can make and the site looks pretty good.
>>
nothing?
>>
Nice try. You're just waiting for someone to ask what the site is so you can promote it. Well guess what, I'm not gonna ask what it is! Ha!
>>
Thats what I mean, everyone thinks I am up to something, I just wanted to have fun and maybe one day make a profit, thats actually why I didn't mention the site in the original post, I mean im kind of asking if anyone knows any other marketing strategies that aren't met with so much hostility, I am not selling anything, I think they are pretty entertaining
>>
>>16515456
Don't be facetious. Marketing and selling are synonymous
>>
I am not, its an ad revenue model, I am selling entertainment that only costs time and hopefully pays in enjoyment, I love how you guys are doing exactly what I am talking about. I am pretty sure I wouldn't subject my poor little site to 4chan anyhow, so lets just take the "I am trying to hustle you" off the table, I honestly just need some advice
>>
Well, your site is probably just shit. Why would anyone read it when they can search Google for 5 seconds and find a site that talks about the same stuff but the content there is written by professionals and edited and checked by several people before publishing? Sure, it's entertaining, but these days people are used to quality entertainment for cheap or for free. Your site probably doesn't provide anything special that you can't find somewhere else.

Plus, even really good sites need a lot of marketing to take off at all. I've seen many amazing sites that no one visits because it's hard to get traffic.
>>
>>16515396
what is the site anon, you can't say "why does every one hate my shit?" and not give any more context than that,

>>16515447
also this, I don't care though. I doubt this thread will make or break you.
>>
nah, I commited to not sharing the site and I am going to honor that in the spirit of not being shady, but some background, I AM a professional content writer, I have done it for years, as well as being a graphic designer and web designer, it doesnt have any like weak points. I hear you about stepping out from the herd and I am honestly trying, but admittedly I have about 2 out 10 articles that do that right now, its just hard to always hit that target no one can see, but hey atleast thats something constructive to focus on. Like i just honestly want some ideas for some next moves
>>
>>16515632
>nah, I commited to not sharing the site and I am going to honor that in the spirit of not being shady

I know why every one hates your site, it's because you're a huge faggot.
>>
keeping my word after anons talking shit because I wanted real advice makes me a faggot? eat a dick pussy
>>
and they dont hate my site, the people who check it tend to like it, I just can't get anyone to go to it
>>
Sorry, anon, the Internet doesn't need any more "content". It's full of that shit, and it's a shitty place now because of it. That boat already sailed, are you hearing me?

If you actually have something worthwhile, then put it out there with no expectation about making any money and I'll respect that but it sounds like you're throwing some crap together as a framework to hang ads off of, and honestly fuck you.

Give it up, anon. Seriously.
>>
File: 56.jpg (20KB, 480x486px) Image search: [Google]
56.jpg
20KB, 480x486px
>>16515721
>>
>>16515632

>it doesn't have any like weak points

>>16515741

>they don't hate my site

This is your problem, man. It's not just your promotion, it's probably your content as well. If a comedian gets up onstage, tells a joke, and NOBODY laughs, he doesn't tell that joke the same way again. He doesn't quit comedy, he might find a way to FIX the joke rather than throw it away entirely, but he doesn't just keep saying the same thing.

It sounds like you've gotten up onstage several times, told your joke several times, and nobody's laughing. Maybe it's time to admit that it isn't just a tough crowd, your material needs work.

Get back to the drawing board, take an honest look at your work, and figure out where you can improve or change your approach. Seek out people who will give you brutally honest critiques, and take them under advisement.

I'd take a look at it and tell you what I think, but you're being all coy about it, so fuck it.
>>
>>16515396

You sound like me a decade ago when I used to run a hobbyist site with roms, ti83 calculator games and hyperstudio stacks. I had a little news section with updates, video game midi music on every page with controls and was designed the way I liked. It was like a home away from home.

According to bravenet web statistics It got no traffic in large part because I made it for me, not the end-user. People wrote nice things in my guestbook though. I miss those days.
>>
>>16515518

>it's an ad revenue model

So you're hoping to make your money from online advertisers. This should tell you something about why your own attempts at self-promotion are failing. REAL ADVERTISING COSTS MONEY.

Nobody knows who you are. You have no way of raising funds. Change your strategy. Don't try to use your current website to reach an audience directly. Use it as a work sample, to get hired by a more established, well-funded website that produces your kind of material.
>>
>>16515396

No man is an island, no man gets anywhere big without a team behind him. You say your website is good, but you're not good at promoting it. Find someone who is charismatic and good at promoting. Someone who wouldn't start a thread on 4chan asking for advice on a website, without posting a fucking link.

You clearly don't know what you're doing here. Find someone who does.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.